ParenteBeard

ParenteBeard Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ParenteBeard.

this was for an oncampus interview. there was a greeter who acted like there was a rush but that might have been some test. the interviewer asked the tell me about yourself, why this company? / what do you know about this company? Then asked me to elaborate on specific bullet points on my resume.

Staff Accountant Interview

Pre-select interview; if you do well you will move on to the 2nd round of interviews. 2nd round interview is in the center city offices. Do well on the 2nd interview and you will receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but the interviewer was an Uncle Tom partner. He would ask questions such as what do you know about the firm or why you chose accounting and when you answered the questions he always had a condescending remark. After that he asked if I had any questions for him.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ParenteBeard.

I went through a phone interview initially and then was asked that same day to come in for an actual onsite interview. First, I had an interview with the supervisor and then I met all the other Administrative Assistant. The experience was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • What daily challenges did you face in your previous job?   Answer Question

Jan 20, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Glad to hear about your positive experience interviewing with us.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ParenteBeard in November 2013.

Applied through college recruiting and had first interview on campus. Was invited for second interview at their office. There were 14 interviewing for positions - both internships and full-time employment. Staff was friendly and left feeling as though the interview went very well. Was rather disappointed in the lack of feedback after the interview.

Nov 21, 2013ParenteBeard Firm Representative

We are glad to hear you had a positive interview and visit to our offices. We greatly appreciate the time you spent meeting with us. Our process is extremely competitive and although we had the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at ParenteBeard in November 2013.

The hiring process was a fair process. A preliminary interview at school was followed up by a second, more intensified office interview. The interview consisted first of a tour of the office, with a detailed overview of the firm. After the tour, candidates faced three consecutive interviews from various employees.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions that was a common thread with each interview was the possibility of facing a situation with a troubled team dynamic.   View Answer

Jun 27, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Thank you for sharing your positive response. We are glad to have you on board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ParenteBeard in November 2013.

I had one on campus interview, then a set of multiple interviews at the office. The process was a bit long but was very informative about the company and I was given ample time to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. There was really nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Jul 23, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Thank you for your helpful summary of our interview process. We recognize it is a challenging process, as it is at all public accounting firms.

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ParenteBeard.

Standard behavioral questions, just be relaxed

Staff Accountant II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ParenteBeard in October 2013.

I interviewed through my college and was invited to the office for a day of interviewing along with 4 other individuals.

We all met with 3 different interviewers (managers and partners) for a half hour each. No technical questions were asked. Typical questions like, how did you handle a difficult situation, how do you prioritize when you have several different deadlines, explain a time when you had to take a leadership position...etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest mistake, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2013Communications Manager

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience interviewing at ParenteBeard and even more excited to learn you are joining our team! Welcome!

Encourage you to stay connected to us on LinkedIn
    ... More

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ParenteBeard in September 2013.

Applied through college career services center. Interview was held in a hotel room as part of an accounting interview fair. First step was 1:1 interview with rep from HR. He reviewed my resume out loud then proceeded to ask questions. Questions were ALL behavioral questions (Explain a time when x....).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2014ParenteBeard Firm Representative

Glad to hear you had a positive experience interviewing with us. Thank you for the feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ParenteBeard in October 2012.

On campus interview followed by a "Day of Interviewing". First round interview was with a partner and the office visit was a round of interviews with 3 partners. Got to meet staff from multiple offices and chat over lunch. Overall good experience.