ParenteBeard

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ParenteBeard in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had one on campus interview, then a set of multiple interviews at the office. The process was a bit long but was very informative about the company and I was given ample time to ask questions.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. There was really nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Jul 23, 2014

Thank you for your helpful summary of our interview process. We recognize it is a challenging process, as it is at all public accounting firms.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at ParenteBeard in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a fair process. A preliminary interview at school was followed up by a second, more intensified office interview. The interview consisted first of a tour of the office, with a detailed overview of the firm. After the tour, candidates faced three consecutive interviews from various employees.

Interview Question – One of the questions that was a common thread with each interview was the possibility of facing a situation with a troubled team dynamic.   View Answer

Jun 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive response. We are glad to have you on board.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ParenteBeard in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process is very structured beginning with on campus interviews, followed by am in office interview. The in office interview is like 5 or 6 hours long and includes two interviews, lunch with team members from different levels and socializing with team members.

Interview Question – They do not ask very technical questions... mostly questions like, what was a challenging moment you overcame as a group, etc. I think the most difficult part is the socializing in between interviews because you know the team members are informally interviewing you and will have the opportunity to give their opinions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it was an entry level position

Jun 27, 2014

We are glad you accepted our offer and are with us now! These types of questions are intended to inquire about your comfort level with various personalities. Sounds like you mastered the question ... More

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ParenteBeard in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college career services center. Interview was held in a hotel room as part of an accounting interview fair. First step was 1:1 interview with rep from HR. He reviewed my resume out loud then proceeded to ask questions. Questions were ALL behavioral questions (Explain a time when x....).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2014

Glad to hear you had a positive experience interviewing with us. Thank you for the feedback.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ParenteBeard.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview initially and then was asked that same day to come in for an actual onsite interview. First, I had an interview with the supervisor and then I met all the other Administrative Assistant. The experience was very positive.

Interview Question – What daily challenges did you face in your previous job?   Answer Question

Jan 20, 2014

Glad to hear about your positive experience interviewing with us.

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ParenteBeard in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college recruiting and had first interview on campus. Was invited for second interview at their office. There were 14 interviewing for positions - both internships and full-time employment. Staff was friendly and left feeling as though the interview went very well. Was rather disappointed in the lack of feedback after the interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Nov 21, 2013

We are glad to hear you had a positive interview and visit to our offices. We greatly appreciate the time you spent meeting with us. Our process is extremely competitive and although we had the ... More

Staff Accountant II Interview

Staff Accountant II

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ParenteBeard in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed through my college and was invited to the office for a day of interviewing along with 4 other individuals.

We all met with 3 different interviewers (managers and partners) for a half hour each. No technical questions were asked. Typical questions like, how did you handle a difficult situation, how do you prioritize when you have several different deadlines, explain a time when you had to take a leadership position...etc.

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

ParenteBeard Communications Manager responded to this review

Nov 14, 2013

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience interviewing at ParenteBeard and even more excited to learn you are joining our team! Welcome!

Encourage you to stay connected to us on LinkedIn
... More

Audit

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ParenteBeard.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral questions, just be relaxed

Interview Question – Why ParenteBeard?   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ParenteBeard in December 2009.

Interview Details – Was called and recruited from a former senior manager who worked with me while at another firm. HR manager contacted me and I was asked to submit resume with salary requirements. I was told I was already competitive but they would give me a small bump up. It seemed to me that if I had made less at my previous job I may have had more room to move up in price.

Interview Question – What makes you think you would be a good fit?   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ParenteBeard in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by a "Day of Interviewing". First round interview was with a partner and the office visit was a round of interviews with 3 partners. Got to meet staff from multiple offices and chat over lunch. Overall good experience.

Interview Question – What is your favorite financial statement and why?   Answer Question

Worked for ParenteBeard? Contribute to the Community!