Pareto Law Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.5

Junior Sales Account Manager Interview

Interview

received a call from this company today. The caller claimed I had applied for a business-to-business sales role, which immediately struck me as strange, as I'm not the kind of person who goes for sales jobs. I assumed there had been some mistake on my part, especially when the caller said I applied for the job on reed.co.uk, which is a job site I regularly use, as it is for many others. He asked what degree I had and what result I received and what attracted me to a sales role. I said there must have been a mix-up on my part - I thought I had applied for a sales role accidentally. But after finishing the call, I logged into my reed.co.uk account and found I had applied for no such job, despite him claiming I had applied 'recently' when I questioned this. Very strange.

Junior Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pareto Law (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was the worst assessment I have ever attended. To begin with, there were too many candidates (over 20) being assessed at once and so we did not have enough time to make ourselves known. The group exercise lasted only 12 minutes and there were over 10 people in each group, meaning that only the most arrogant had a chance to speak. The one to one interview was useless as it lasted only a few minutes and we were asked trivial questions.

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pareto Law (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through an assessment day where we were assessed on team work, understanding importance of communication, and going through a small presentation on why you wanted this specific career. This process was to determine how suitable you will be in a sales role, and for which clients you may be of value to.

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pareto Law.

Interview

The whole day was extremely discouraging. It began with two hours of presentations at 10 am. Basically listening to them describe how good they were and how good it is to work with them. The group exercises then took place, two extremely pointless exercises involving hypothetical situations while they recorded everything that happened. Followed by this was the 3 minute presentation on why you wanted to work there, no time for you to ask questions. Shipped out as soon as you finished. The interview stage was a joke, they asked you questions such as have you a driving licence, would you accept the job... We were brought back into a room and 3 people were called out (presumably the chosen 3), then 8/9 names called out and told they werent successful. At this point it was 5:40, exhausting day which could have been completed in 3/4 hours.

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Interview

It was a hell of a long day. You get there and they waste time on the most unnecessary things. The whole day could have been complete in about 3 hours, maximum. Instead, they manage to drag it out for a whole day and try and entertain you by giving you a lecture on how to do interviews :/ And the lecture is by recruiters who teach you the most standard and common sense things... if you were to use the advice that they tell you in an interview for any respectable job, believe me you would not get that job!!
    They pretend that they only take 20% of graduates through... but by the looks of it, they probably meant they take everyone but 20% of graduates through.
    You do a standard group task, eat lunch, do a little interview. But remember, if you are looking to be successful, you really aren't going to be anything special going via a recruitment agency such as these guys. Let's be honest.
    They are recruiting for positions that hold the same weight that they are in themselves, they are never going to recruit anyone better than themselves personally.
    They are nice guys and they must be turning over a healthy profit. But in all seriousness. Don't waste your time with them. Use proper initiative and get a proper job via a different method.

Graduate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pareto Law.

Interview

Contacted me out of the blue saying that they've received my application through Reed.co.uk (which I thought was weird because I knew I didn't send them an application but went along with it anyway). The recruiter told me how great and and well suited I would be to this role etc, asking why I wanted the particular role. I told her I was interested in accounting & finance roles, and the lady told me I'd be suited because it was in finance industry - but all the roles they advertise are for sales. Then she passed me over to the account manager of the company that had the vacancy.

Had a chat about the company and the role in more detail and how I would fit into the role. I asked him what emphasis of skills/qualifications they put on applicants, and he said its all about personality, passion etc so a 'blank canvas'. I asked him what the difference was between all the Graduate Account Manager roles that were posted on the website because I was scrolling through the website as we were talking. He clearly tried to wing it, but failed because it was such a vague answer.

Afterwards, he put me back through to the recruiter for a telephone interview on the spot, and I'd be put towards an assessment centre if I was successful. Telephone interview was pretty standard: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Describe yourself in 3 words. What motivates you? Name 3 of your strengths. Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline. What position do you usually take when you're in a team? (Basically they're looking for someone who always takes leadership.) On the scale of 1-10 where 10 is strongest, how competitive are you? On the scale of 1-10 how ambitious are you? On scale of 1-10 how resilient are you?

It took around a few minutes wait, the recruiter asked me how I thought it went, and anything I could have done differently. Following that she said I passed, gave me feedback, and said the assessment centre was in a 2 days and would have to research everything on the company/role/industry as there would be a Q&A session with recruiters. The recruiter would act as your mentor through the process leading up the assessment centre, so I was required to send my CV, create profile on Pareto, and read up on the details she'd send me via email then phone her back the next day to 'help me prepare'.

The whole phone call took over an hour for me with a few minutes waiting time in-between passing calls over to the account manager and back. I was sceptical about the whole thing and didn't appreciate being lied to about me sending them an application. I decided to look up reviews of their assessment centres and found some on here and other websites which confirmed my reservations about the thing. The recruiters will come across friendly and will say anything to rope you in to fill up vacancies in their assessment centres. For me, it seemed pretty evident with no clear quality control over who they put through en masse: no cover letter required, no CV, no online tests, and simple interview questions.

After reading through the reviews, I decided to cancel my place for the assessment centre the next day as I wasn't even interested in sales or the company. I had an telephone appointment at a specific time with my 'mentor', but it took 10 minutes to get a hold of her since she was busy talking to other applicants about assessment centres. Not impressed. I first asked her about what I sent her in my application via Reed.co.uk which she stuttered and said that she received my basic information and details. I brushed that aside and stated that I wanted to withdraw my application, then comes the long-winded process of 'what changed my mind within the space of a few hours' blah blah which took 5 minutes and told me she'd pass me to the account manager guy to explain. I refused and told her to just cancel my application.

Go for it if you're genuinely looking for a sales position and/or for the assessment centre experience. I just wasn't interested in the role, company, or recruitment agency. Fun telephone interview practice though.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was competency based. So there was about 40 of us present on that day and they split us into group and we had to go through group exercises and these show your attributes as a team worker. This process is kind of like the apprentice the people floating about and not contributing are the first ones to go. Then after the 3 competency rounds you have to do a 3 minute presentation about why you want to work in your field. I saw many people there with cards and other pieces of paper. I went there with nothing and spoke full on and really showed them what I am made of. I was 1 of the 5 people that made it through the process.

Interview Questions

• You have a 3 minute presentation so best advice I can give is no stuttering and no "urm" or "err"   Answer Question

Pareto Law - Sungard (Sungard Sales Academy) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pareto Law (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

Assessment Centre - lasted almost 9 hours.
    Group activity - focusing on debate/being outspoken. get yourself heard!
    Presentation - 3 minutes presentation to be prepared beforehand. Short questions afterwards, a few didnt even get questions.

about 40% of the time was waiting period. Regardless, good experience for my first assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question, it's about how well you can stand out from the rest.   1 Answer

Assessment Day Interview

Interview

Relatively shorter day compared to other assessment days I have heard about, I was finished by 1pm. Result given on the day. Had to stand and give our name, greatest achievement and star sign, then divided into groups for two activities. The second half was presentation and 1-1 interview. The 1-1 is just a Q & A rather than a serious interview.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Passed the telephone interview which was really straightforward just general questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, how would your friends describe you, what are your 3 main strengths etc. after this is the one day assessment centre, where you start off by introducing yourself to the group and talk about your best achievement to date. you are then divided in two groups and given two group exercises within the specified time limit. Towards the end of the day you have a 3 min presentation and a informal one to one interview. Remember you are assessed all throughout the day

Interview Questions

• If you're none of the questions should be difficult, just participate in all the group assessments and give a flawless presentation.   1 Answer