Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.3

Associate (A2) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

I was brought in for a full day interview that consisted of multiple small business cases, and one large business case with presentation in front of a board. I also had several personality review conversations with executives from the company to make sure I was the right fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• I had to solve a complicated business case in a short amount of time   Answer Question

Consultant (C1) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

I went to my university career fair, spoke to one of the recruiters, and gave them my resume. About 3 days later I got an email inviting me for an interview, as well as a dinner the night before. The dinner was relaxed, I got to know two VPs from two locations.

The first round of interviews is a one on one with management, in my case one of the VPs. We sat down and discussed points on my resume, etc. Basic behavioral interview.

The second round of interviews is a case study. They don't expect you to get it right but watch how you interact with the team, what your thought process is, and how you present your solution. Immediately following the case study was an easy programming technical exam. Super easy.

Interview Questions

• Be sure you know how and why you came to your conclusion when doing the case study. The interviewer will question everything, right or wrong.   Answer Question

Associate (A1) Interview

Interview

Pretty standard dinner/group interview process total took about 2 week. There were some very smart and bright people interviewing. Make sure you know your stuff before you get in there so you can sound confident and sell your self the best.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by their HR person who invited me to a dinner and then an interview. The interview was very straightforward with behavioral questions. I then got asked to attend the final round. It was a group case study and then we each had to take a timed test. After that, I was extended the offer.

Consultant (C1) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2014.

Interview

Met Pariveda representatives at a university career fair. The got back to me for an all afternoon on-campus interview. The interviewers invited the four interviewees out for dinner the night before the interview so we could all get to know each other better. The next day I was interviewed about past projects and team scenarios by two people for an hour. After lunch, the four interviewees were given a packet containing information about a conceptual design challenge (more general problem solving than coding specific). We had two hours to come up with a solution that we then presented to the interviewers as a team.

After this we took a standardized coding aptitude test in a simple programming language with syntax made up by the test creators. Very manageable with decent coding knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Difficult scenario a team of four interviewees worked through together before presenting our solution to company VPs after an hour and a half.   Answer Question

Consultant (C1) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2014.

Interview

Got in contact with university recruiter. They set up a phone interview for initial screening. The phone interview consisted of going over what the company was like, and if I would be a good fit. There were no technical questions asked, mostly behavioral such as why do I want to work for Pariveda. The interview concluded with questions about my past experiences and school work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary for the phone interview. Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I first talked to recruiters at a career fair on campus. Then they invited me out to dinner. After the dinner I did a single interview with one of the office managers. If you make it through that, you'll have a case study, potentially with a group of other interviewees. And then you'll take a programming competency exam. If you've had any experience with programming the exam should be do able. If you're a CS/CE/EE student it should be a cake walk. Although the pressure of it could make some people fumble. . They got back to me within a week or so with the results. A month or so after that they flew a handful of us out to San Francisco to... well, schmooze us. And they did a good job. I was extremely impressed by the company. It doesn't just seem to be for show either. We had plenty of time to talk individually with other consultants. They were very willing to give their honest opinions about working for Pariveda.

Interview Questions

• Their case study isn't easy by any means. But at the same time it's not hard, because they aren't exactly looking at whether or not you got the exactly correct answer. My group didn't, and of the 4 of us 3 got offers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Set salaries. If you do well, you'll be promoted in a year. California does have some weird overtime pay because of the laws they have there (at least until you make over 80k). Other offices (like Seattle), don't.

Consultant (C1) Interview

Interview

Extremely technically oriented interview process. The first part of the interview process consisted of a business case review with a 3 hour brainstorming assignment w/ a fellow interviewee. After the both of you have conducted your analysis, you will presented to 3 partners of the firm. The 2nd half of the interview consist of a coding competency exam. You will be required to learn a pseudo programming language and answer questions based off their syntax and semantic rules.

Interview Questions

• The business case was extremely difficult and nerve racking.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Lubbock, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I met them at a Career fair and then got an interview. It was a behavioral one and since they were taking one candidate they didn't take me. They also wanted to know if I had any experience as a consultant which I didn't have. Overall it was a pretty average interview I just didn't have enough experience.

Associate (A1) Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview

Had a quick interview over the phone about general behavioral items. The big interview day was at the office where you are presented with 3 case studies that you analyze and prepare how you would handle the situations. Nothing too technical, as they are more focused on how, in general, you would approach a problem instead of the technicality of what you do.

Be prepared to act like a consultant and present your solutions professionally for all three cases. They are very thorough and only hire the best of the best.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm to solve a problem (psuedo-code), how would you manage an urgent problem the client has presented, and how would you solve inner-team conflicts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiations. They are a tier organization, so if you're hired as one position, everyone in the company at that position makes the same amount.