Pariveda Solutions

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate (A1) Interview

Associate (A1)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview Details – Very straightforward process. After a phone interview, had an in-person interview with a few staff members. Got a good sense of what the company would be like from the various people. One thing to note: Come prepared for the interview, they are very focused on hiring the best talent and if you don't bring your A game, you will not make the cut most likely.

Interview Question – Don't recall a super difficult question.   Answer Question

Consultant (C1) Interview

Consultant (C1)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview Details – Fairly intense interview process. But fulfilling. Flew in on a Tuesday night. Interview went from 8:00am to 3:00pm.

Started my day with a behavioral interview, and continued onto an intense analytical case taht was later presented to three members. Finished off with the B-APT

Interview Question – The case presentation was the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salaries are set by level.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Pariveda Solutions

Interview Details – I applied through the campus recruiting website.

Interviewer was nice and friendly. Made the interview a good experience. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is the project you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant (C1) Interview

Consultant (C1)
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very well thought through. They do several interviews to get to know you and then they have you do a standardized programming test that assesses your aptitude to programming. I enjoyed working with the recruiters. You'll receive an email if you get to go on to the next round. The next round consists of flying out and doing a case study interview. They put us in a team of three.

Interview Question – In the case study: Why did we make the assumptions we did?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the COO of Pariveda and it was mainly behavioral. By the end of the day I was contacted by the interviewer and asked if I would like to receive an offer. He thanked me for meeting with him today and for considering Pariveda. I was taken back by the kindness, and sincerity of my interview. I have interviewed with many company that treat their interns like cattle. I felt like this interview as comfortable, sincere, and respectful.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience when your values have been tested. I thought this was a great question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Consultant (C2) Interview

Consultant (C2)
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in August 2009.

Interview Details – Pariveda hires not for specific technical skillset but for analytical/problem solving mindset along with people skills. Interviews are more case study based. You will also undergo a personality test that determines what type of team member you are so they can better figure out how to manage you.

There is no negotiation process - you will be interviewing for a particular level which determines your salary.

Interview Question – Case study question given a problem you face at the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Associate (A1) Interview

Associate (A1)
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in September 2010.

Interview Details – As an employee referral, I learned about the company directly through a close and trusted friend. She introduced me to a recruiter in Chicago who began a conversation with me. The experience was so positive that he and I remains friends to this day.

After we established general interest, I had a couple round of phone interviews with the VP in Seattle.

After that, I was flown to Dallas for an in-person interview. I was prepped ahead of time to expect an analytical portion, a people portion, and a scenario (with some project management and problem-solving).

A nice touch is that they tell you whether or not you got the job on your way home, so I knew I had an offer before I got on the plane from Dallas back to DC.

Interview Question – We don't share details of the interview, but a general hint is that the hardest part is reading through the fluff to find the root problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They explain why you are leveled where you are leveled. There *can* be negotiation over leveling, but there is 0 room for negotiation once you've been leveled (see company pros and cons). In my case, I accepted the leveling of A1 and accepted the position.

Consulting Intern Interview

Consulting Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was given a behavioral interview by the office-managing vice president from the nearby Pariveda office as part of a career fair at my university. I was interviewing for an internship position, and the experience as a whole was very laid back. Despite my initial efforts to talk strictly about my credentials, we were soon engaged in a cordial conversation, and we got to know each other quite well. He called me the following day with an offer!

Interview Question – (N/A)   Answer Question

Manager (M2) Interview

Manager (M2)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – This contains the information that the recruiter shared with me before the interview so I think I can write it here (including my personal tips). You’ll go through one case to display your analytical and presentation skills. This case last about two hours. You’ll get to read the case for 30 minutes, then you’ll get to ask questions. Then after an hour present the case to a panel of interviewers. Prepare to defend your solution (tips: study the approach in Case in Point book, make sure you spend the time effectively to present the draft solution during the initial Q&A to make sure you go down the right path).

The other few cases are design to prove that you’ll perform at the right level (I heard that even Principal will also have to pass the case for their level). The cases include troubleshooting skill (for staff level), project planning skill (manager level), and communication skill. Their own employees will need to pass these cases in order to get promoted. I like this better than the behavioral / situational questions because it minimizes the room for “made-up answers” that you and your competition can come up with and gauges how you can truly solve the problem. Read the job descriptions and ask the recruiter or your early round interviewers so that you know what’s expected out of the level you’re interviewing for.

There will be a round of technical interview. They expect you to be technical even when you’re at the leadership levels (principal or VP). This includes coding at the level below manager so be prepared for this.

These cases are not easy but I appreciate them since you’ll know that, once you’re hired, your peers and your team have been funneled through these cases - filtering out bad candidates. You’ll feel like you’ve earned the job.

About their employees and culture:
Everyone in the same level got paid the same; no ranking or quota on the ratings that you’ll get so you don’t have to compete against your peers; small but interesting projects; their model is to try to staff local people to their projects to reduce travel cost and build talents in the region

Interview Question – They don't really ask situational or behavioral questions so the difficult part is essentially the cases.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process lasted a week, and was sped along by my recruiter since I was pirsuing other opportunities as well. It consisted of a meeting with the recruiter on day 1, a technical scree and a manager interview 2 days later, and a series of 3 interviews in Dallas 3 days after that.

The first meeting with the recruiter was to tell me about the company and make sure my personality type was a fit.

The second day of interviews consisted of 2 interviews in 3 hours. The first was spent describing the technical work I had done for a pair of managers, who seemed to be asking questions to mak sure I didn't overstate my experience on my resume. The second was with the head of our office, and was more about my ability to lead a team.

For the third round, I first had a conversation with the COO of the company on what the goals were long term and what the rest of the day would entail. I then had a 2 hour analytical case, solving one problem and then presenting the solution to a panel of executives, who really tore into my solution and made sure that I knew what I was talking about and was confident in my work. This was followed by a shorter case that involved leading a team during a crisis situation at a client. Finally there was a technical screen one on one with a principal that was similar to the one in Chicago.

I walked out thinking I had failed, but got the offer as soon as I landed in Chicago.

Interview Question – Are you sure that's the best way to solve that piece of the problem? This was asked many times while I presented my analytical case.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation here. Pariveda has a structure where everyone at a level gets the same pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pariveda Solutions

Worked for Pariveda Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Pariveda Solutions Videos

Pariveda Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Mission and Core Values Our mission is to develop, manage and apply talent for the benefit of clients, in partnership and for profit. The Idea Behind Our Mission People are most likely to achieve their full potential… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pariveda Solutions interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pariveda Solutions employees and interview candidates.