Park Nicollet Health Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Private Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview with a follow up interview with department management. HR was not familiar with the job I was applying for, which made the telephone interview difficult as the examples I used were job specific. I spent a lot of time explaining the background to my answer. The department level interview was engaging.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation which you handled effectively.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR professional wrote down my salary incorrectly, so I was initially offered below my current salary, and additional time was needed to renegotiate.

Vascular Ultrasound Technolgosit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The in person interview process consisted of 3 parts: meeting with the lead tech, observing a tech scan a patient, and being interviewed by the technologists. When I met with the lead tech, she only asked me about 4 questions. I was able to elaborate on them to provide details; however, I was surprised by the lack of questions. Observing a scan went fine and was simply watching a scan to see if you liked what you saw - no questions for you here. I was disappointed when I met with the techs. They didn't have time to actually meet with me. They were busy working and some were busy chatting with each other. So essentially, I was able to introduce myself to all of them and let them know my current position, but they were too busy to actually get to know me. At other interviews I've had, they've set aside time for this and took turns asking a series of formal interview questions. I was told that the decision was made by a vote by all of the technologists. I got the feeling that they already had someone in mind and this was just a formality - the techs just weren't that interested in hearing what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult patient/situation? Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services.

Interview

panel interviewing multiple times. bring you back more than once. kind if intimidating. whole process takes a couple of weeks or more. they were very friendly though. did receive an offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services.

Interview

Submitted application, heard from HR within 2 weeks for phone interview and then within another week for in person interview. Met with 3 managers. Hour long interview, was asked questions and then had a chance to ask some.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you realized you've made a mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation with Park Nicollet. They also state they have a policy of not sharing salaries with other employees which I disagree with entirely- especially for a company with so many women!!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services.

Interview

Applied online via website. Called a week later for phone interview with HR person, then called for interview in person. Met with direct supervisor and her manager who was on her laptop the entire time. Very little opportunity to talk and process felt very rushed. Offered job a few days later. I accepted immediately as I had been looking for a job for a couple months after being laid off. I should have heeded the interview red flags

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- this was a career change

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services in September 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview, face to face with ov manager and physician. Skills assesment along with work related scenario questions on how to handle these situations. The telephone interview was about experience how it relates to the job and what brought you to be interested in working for this company

position was not one that would work for what I was looking for

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 panel interviews, one with the director and other with the department leaders and staff. Interview questions were pretty average. Good conversations around the my skills and the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was a bit slow, but that's the norm for a lot of fellowship positions. After an initial phone interview, I made it to the next round for an all-day onsite series interviews. All the interviews are behavioral in nature, so a lot of "tell me about a time...". The onsite consisted of the following: Interview with an HR Director, interview with Quality Improvement Team Directors, and panel interview with 4 VPs.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't an inherently difficult question, just the detail you have to drill down to on the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a great deal of negotiation. They did however, base it on my prior experience.

Director, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

An initial telephone screening interview with the recruiter. This was followed by multiple one-on-one meetings with the hiring manager, a panel interview with direct reporting team. Leadership assessment with third party vendor. Final confirmation interviews with CFO and CHRO. Both recruiter and hiring manager were very accessible and willing to answer any questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• Leadership assessment consisted of three online cognitive, logic, computational assessments. Followed up with personal interview with assessor, as well as an 'in box' exercise   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward - countered with consideration of moving from a bonus eligible position to a non-bonus position. Final offer modified to account for various salary variables and components.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Park Nicollet Health Services in August 2012.

Interview

There was a phone screen, a phone interview and eventually an in person interview. At the job site, the director, a program manager and another manager conducted the interview. I was called about one week later with the offer. I accepted the position and started training/orientation about 4 weeks later.