Parker Drilling

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Parker Drilling.

Interview Details – Good HR team who seem to really care about the candidates. Welcoming and overall a very good experience. The process went quickly and during the process it was easy to see how the team got along together.

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate some of what I wanted, but not all.

VFD Electrician Interview

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parker Drilling in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very good staff at office in Anchorage, I was nervous for the interview, but staff made me feel very comfortable beforehand-the interviewer was very friendly and polite, and as this was a technical job, asked a lot of technical questions, showed me some electrical symbology and asked me to identify it, etc. I received a call the same day, later in the afternoon from the HR manager with an offer. Not until I actually had to work with people in the field did I realize what horrible people I would have to work with and what an awful job it was, you would never have known it by the behavior and demeanor of the interviewer and office staff, they are great!

Interview Question – I didn't expect him to hand me a sheet of electrical blueprint symbols and ask me to identify them, that kind of threw me off but I did well. A lot of technical questions by someone who knows, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly wage was set, there were 3 electrician jobs though, with 3 different wages, and the HR manager didn't know which I was being offered and had to call me back!

Private Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Parker Drilling in March 2008.

Interview Details – They seemed to be very concerned that we were a solid match. I really liked that about this company. The HR business partner was very professional and responsive, she kept the process moving and kept me informed. The hiring manager and other interviewers were very knowledgable in their areas, they were comfortably professional without being stuffy or political.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should select you over other applicants who are equally qualified?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Overall I was satisfied with their initial offer. I was able to negotiate for a slightly modified title based on my level of experience and expertise.

SharePoint Developer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Parker Drilling in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initial meeting was with the director who seemed to like me very much and asked me very general questions about what I had learned in my past experiences. The second interview was a technical interview where I was asked basic .NET questions and SharePoint questions. The third interview was another technical interview where I was asked to produce some code. The final interview was with a group/panel who interviewed me. All was easy. I liked the company.

Interview Question – What have you learned from your mistakes in the field?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because of Robert Half Technology promised me something and then didn't deliver.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Parker Drilling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parker Drilling interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Parker Drilling employees and interview candidates.