Parker Drilling Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Parker Drilling

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Parker Drilling.

Interview

Good HR team who seem to really care about the candidates. Welcoming and overall a very good experience. The process went quickly and during the process it was easy to see how the team got along together.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate some of what I wanted, but not all.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parker Drilling (Houston, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial meeting was with the director who seemed to like me very much and asked me very general questions about what I had learned in my past experiences. The second interview was a technical interview where I was asked basic .NET questions and SharePoint questions. The third interview was another technical interview where I was asked to produce some code. The final interview was with a group/panel who interviewed me. All was easy. I liked the company.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your mistakes in the field?   Answer Question

I declined because of Robert Half Technology promised me something and then didn't deliver.

VFD Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parker Drilling (Anchorage, AK) in August 2009.

Interview

Very good staff at office in Anchorage, I was nervous for the interview, but staff made me feel very comfortable beforehand-the interviewer was very friendly and polite, and as this was a technical job, asked a lot of technical questions, showed me some electrical symbology and asked me to identify it, etc. I received a call the same day, later in the afternoon from the HR manager with an offer. Not until I actually had to work with people in the field did I realize what horrible people I would have to work with and what an awful job it was, you would never have known it by the behavior and demeanor of the interviewer and office staff, they are great!

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect him to hand me a sheet of electrical blueprint symbols and ask me to identify them, that kind of threw me off but I did well. A lot of technical questions by someone who knows, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage was set, there were 3 electrician jobs though, with 3 different wages, and the HR manager didn't know which I was being offered and had to call me back!

Private Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Parker Drilling (Houston, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

They seemed to be very concerned that we were a solid match. I really liked that about this company. The HR business partner was very professional and responsive, she kept the process moving and kept me informed. The hiring manager and other interviewers were very knowledgable in their areas, they were comfortably professional without being stuffy or political.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should select you over other applicants who are equally qualified?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Overall I was satisfied with their initial offer. I was able to negotiate for a slightly modified title based on my level of experience and expertise.