Parker Drilling

Relevance Date Difficulty

VFD Electrician Interview

VFD Electrician
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parker Drilling in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very good staff at office in Anchorage, I was nervous for the interview, but staff made me feel very comfortable beforehand-the interviewer was very friendly and polite, and as this was a technical job, asked a lot of technical questions, showed me some electrical symbology and asked me to identify it, etc. I received a call the same day, later in the afternoon from the HR manager with an offer. Not until I actually had to work with people in the field did I realize what horrible people I would have to work with and what an awful job it was, you would never have known it by the behavior and demeanor of the interviewer and office staff, they are great!

Interview Question – I didn't expect him to hand me a sheet of electrical blueprint symbols and ask me to identify them, that kind of threw me off but I did well. A lot of technical questions by someone who knows, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly wage was set, there were 3 electrician jobs though, with 3 different wages, and the HR manager didn't know which I was being offered and had to call me back!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Parker Drilling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parker Drilling VFD Electrician interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Parker Drilling employees and interview candidates.