Parker Hannifin Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Lengthy process. Applied online and received an email from Parker recruiter a couple of weeks later. After phone screening, had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview was basic questions about background. On-site interview was scheduled a few weeks later. Panel interview with 7 people from different departments, behavioral questions and technical questions. Friendly team but if you are not prepared, be ready to bomb the interview. Personally interview went really well, but they give priority to internal applicants.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Parker Hannifin

Engineer Interview

Interview

Start with online application, then phone interview screening with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, then onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were asked to meet a hard deadline. What did you do, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process that had multiple interviewers....Could have be streamlined significantly and had more standarization. The offer was very formalized and clear, however the questions were not streamlined between interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin (Anaheim, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed over dinner, and then at the place of emploment 2x

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager as a starting point. In the second stage, I was invited on site and was interviewed by all team.

Negotiation

Competitive

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin in January 2011.

Interview

Easier interview. Basic behavioral skills interview, personality fit. They seem to care for the brightest individuals from the best colleges, but they do select people based on fit.

Interview Questions

Didn't align with my future plans.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin in December 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by a revruiter, a phone interview was set up. Phone interview took 95 minutes, with typical experience questions. Then a panel interview with plant tour, panel interview asked ecperience questions, ethics questions, and situational questions Interview took 150 minutes. Then was scheduled for a follow up interview, for a second position. Second panel interview took 120 minutes, with typical situational questions and a few experience questions. Was then given a skills and problem solving questionaire, along with a set of 12 essay questions. A research firm handled the skills and problem solving analysis. All in all it was a pleasent atmosphere, relaxed panel with rotation for questions, a few questions not on the set of questions, meaning the panel had a few specific questions of their own. Situational questions were pretty straight forward, I didnt feel like I was ever taking the wrong path in answering them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you dealt with a difficult person.   1 Answer
    • If this situation still was a problem what whould you do?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Parker Hannifin in June 2008.

Interview

Interview consists of meeting with hiring manager and 3 others. Will ask questions about conflict resolution, time management, and why you are leaving (or left) your previous employer.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict?   1 Answer