Parker Hannifin

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Pretty straightforward process, applied online and got an email to interview at a couple different divisions. Went in for the interview and they were very relaxed and talked about the position and what I had experience with through school and my personal projects. Overall it was a positive experience and I'm happy with my decision.

Interview Questions
    • What languages are you comfortable with and have experience with?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to learn and figure things out on your own sometimes?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

They lied and said it was temp to hire when it was not. Dead end job they do not convert temps on. Waste of time do not work here it. They just hire thru temp service no actual interview

Lean Manufacturing Engineer Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Parker Hannifin in January 2015.

Was first contacted for a phone interview. This was the standard phone screening to see if you would be qualified for the second round. For the second round I was flown out to Cleveland, OH. The interview was a two day process with an informal dinner the night before and an intense session of interviews the day after. The second day consisted of an educational power point on the different divisions and further information on Parker then a group activity, then 6 rounds of 30 minute interviews with a break in the middle. Overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in salary, as all trainees get paid the same salary.

Quality Engineer Interview

It was very enjoyable. Mostly behavioral questions were asked. For the program I interviewed for, I was interviewed for about 3 hours. In that time, they asked why I was interested in the company. They also asked me to give stories.

Interview Questions
    • To give them an example of a time when I demonstrated leadership in a classroom environment.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

I received a call back about one week after I applied for the position. The interview was set up for the upcoming week. I was interviewed by four people. They took turns asking me questions. Some of the questions were more difficult than others, but the most difficult ones seemed like a test to see how you respond to adversity. Everything was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions
    • There were some technical questions about operating systems that didn't have much to do with what I was applying for.   Answer Question
    It was an internship so I just accepted the offer right away.

Cfd Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

I found the job description on their website and was called for an initial phone interview after three weeks. The interview questions were very straight forward and a part of it concentrated on extra curricular activities too, analyzing the leadership abilities. The phone interview was a conference call, with two of the project engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were as expected, one of them was, what steps did you take when there was a conflict between you and your teammates ?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Hiring process took forever. It took over four weeks from the time I applied to the time I heard from the company. Then there was a phone interview and two more weeks before I had a face to face. Once there however it went smoothly and a job offer was very quick after.

Senior Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncks Corner, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncks Corner, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Most people are now hired through a temp agency, before being hired. As with other companies, it takes too long to become a Parker employee. Parker has lost several really good temps due to taking too long to hire them as permanent employyes. The drug test and the background checks are good.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any problems with my interview and was hired immediately, but that is probably not the way it is now.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate for the people that actually do the hands on work. Your prior experience and the amount of money you save the company are never factored into raises either. The result is that a lot of good suggestions are no longer presented to management.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Applied through college career center,
    HR Interview after 2 months,
    next interview with divisional engineering Manager,
    Interview with 2 Project Engineers,
    asked about work experience, projects and school,
    got offer very next day after the last interview,
    Drug screen test,
    Background test

Senior Customer Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Parker Hannifin in March 2014.

Senior Customer Quality Engineer - Parker Hannifin HSD in Kalamazoo. Overall the process was a bit disappointing. During the initial phone interview it was communicated to me that the position would be a lateral move salary wise. I communicated how I was looking for the next step up in my career and thought that would be the end of the process. A short time later I received an email asking if I wanted to come up for an interview. I again communicated my concerns about salary and was told they could work something out if I was the right fit. The interview was a group discussion with 4 hiring managers / employees. It went well enough however only lasted about 45 minutes. There was no plant tour or anything else. Seemed like there would have been more to it considering I drove 4 hrs to get there. I was given a PAR booklet (A personality test) that took about 6 hrs to complete and send in. They said they were very motivated to make a decision in the next few weeks and would let me know. After a number of follow up calls / emails all initiated by me I finally got a call on April 18th (almost 45 days after my interview) asking if I was interested in an offer at a lateral, however no actual numbers were discussed. I said I would like to see an offer and they said they would have one in a few days. On May 2nd (14 days) I received a call saying they could not offer me the position at even a lateral salary wise because it was not in-line with others in that role. Overall the process was disappointing. I can understand if my salary expectations are not in line with what is offed but I would have rather have ended it there instead of wasting time only to circle back to that road block later.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions. The PAR (personality test) was VERY involved and took a lot of time to complete.   Answer Question