Parker Hannifin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Material Handler Interview

Senior Material Handler
Moncks Corner, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – Most people are now hired through a temp agency, before being hired. As with other companies, it takes too long to become a Parker employee. Parker has lost several really good temps due to taking too long to hire them as permanent employyes. The drug test and the background checks are good.

Interview Question – I did not have any problems with my interview and was hired immediately, but that is probably not the way it is now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate for the people that actually do the hands on work. Your prior experience and the amount of money you save the company are never factored into raises either. The result is that a lot of good suggestions are no longer presented to management.

Lean Engineer Interview

Lean Engineer
Devens, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in April 2013.

Interview Details – This was a Co-op opportunity that was a part of the Northeastern University curriculum, so the job was posted through the university portal. Regardless, after submittal of my resume the rest was directly with Parker.

I first received an invitation to interview on site a week after my resume was submitted. I met with a current cell leader on the assembly floor, as well as the current Co-op who's place I would be taking. At the time there was nobody who was in the Lean Leader position, but I was told they were being hired. The interview process was relaxed, mainly with questions about my experience with Lean practices and background in six sigma methodologies. I wasn't completely sure of my stance after completion, but was offered the job within a few days.

Interview Question – I was asked about detailed six sigma methodology. I don't remember the initial question but my thought process seemed satisfactory.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I promptly accepted the offer, but I feel that I could have asked for a slight increase if transportation called for it.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR within a week for an interview. I interviewed a week later via Skype with HR Manager, and two upper management people. I was contacted a week and a half later and offered the position by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Very behavioral based interview questions. Where do youse yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I accepted a great offer!!

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – Applied through college career center,
HR Interview after 2 months,
next interview with divisional engineering Manager,
Interview with 2 Project Engineers,
asked about work experience, projects and school,
got offer very next day after the last interview,
Drug screen test,
Background test

Interview Question – What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Customer Quality Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in March 2014.

Interview Details – Senior Customer Quality Engineer - Parker Hannifin HSD in Kalamazoo. Overall the process was a bit disappointing. During the initial phone interview it was communicated to me that the position would be a lateral move salary wise. I communicated how I was looking for the next step up in my career and thought that would be the end of the process. A short time later I received an email asking if I wanted to come up for an interview. I again communicated my concerns about salary and was told they could work something out if I was the right fit. The interview was a group discussion with 4 hiring managers / employees. It went well enough however only lasted about 45 minutes. There was no plant tour or anything else. Seemed like there would have been more to it considering I drove 4 hrs to get there. I was given a PAR booklet (A personality test) that took about 6 hrs to complete and send in. They said they were very motivated to make a decision in the next few weeks and would let me know. After a number of follow up calls / emails all initiated by me I finally got a call on April 18th (almost 45 days after my interview) asking if I was interested in an offer at a lateral, however no actual numbers were discussed. I said I would like to see an offer and they said they would have one in a few days. On May 2nd (14 days) I received a call saying they could not offer me the position at even a lateral salary wise because it was not in-line with others in that role. Overall the process was disappointing. I can understand if my salary expectations are not in line with what is offed but I would have rather have ended it there instead of wasting time only to circle back to that road block later.

Interview Question – Very standard interview questions. The PAR (personality test) was VERY involved and took a lot of time to complete.   Answer Question

ICD Chemical Engineering Interview

ICD Chemical Engineering
Ashley, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a university career website and I received an initial phone call to arrange for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted the next day to arrange for an onsite interview the next week. The first thing they made you do is filling in the paper work along with reference contacts. Then, the plant superintendent brought me for a plant tour. Afterwards, I had lunch with the plant manager, superintendent, HR manager and several plant employees. After lunch, there was a one-on-one interview with the plant HR manager and plant manager.

Interview Question – How do you cope with constant change in new technology?   Answer Question

Flow Technician Interview

Flow Technician
Moncks Corner, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in January 2010.

Interview Details – Walked in and spoke with the receptionist. Filled out an application online, and was called in a week later. Talked with the hiring supervisor, and then was introduced to the quality engineer. Took a mechanical readiness test, and was hired shortly thereafter. The readiness test consisted of me putting together a sub-assembly as instructed by a company diagram. Was the key factor in me getting the job.

Interview Question – The mechanical readiness test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – Very casual and friendly. One of the Vice Presidents arranged the internship and interview for me. I was only a rising sophomore at the time, so they went pretty easy on me. They asked about my accounting experience from my Freshman year classes and what type of things I wanted to learn.

Interview Question – No technical questions- asked me when I could begin work and when I had to end for school.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Development Program Interview

Technical Sales Development Program
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in January 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with past associates at an on campus career fair. Received a next day interview, which was very conversational, really just wanted to get to know me as a person and some of my past experiences. A month or so later I was offered an interview at HQ in Cleveland. In the mean time had to complete an assessment test (primarily mechanics).

The interview turned into 8. I interviewed with representatives from each division of PH. Once again conversational, but had behavioral questions intermixed. Asked a lot about past experiences. It is a long day, but you get a real feel for PH as a company.

Interview Question – What's the importance of having sales associates? What's your favorite movie? (caught me off guard).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and a face to face interview

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Worked for Parker Hannifin? Contribute to the Community!