Parker Hannifin Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parker Hannifin (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through college career center,
    HR Interview after 2 months,
    next interview with divisional engineering Manager,
    Interview with 2 Project Engineers,
    asked about work experience, projects and school,
    got offer very next day after the last interview,
    Drug screen test,
    Background test

Senior Customer Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Parker Hannifin (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Senior Customer Quality Engineer - Parker Hannifin HSD in Kalamazoo. Overall the process was a bit disappointing. During the initial phone interview it was communicated to me that the position would be a lateral move salary wise. I communicated how I was looking for the next step up in my career and thought that would be the end of the process. A short time later I received an email asking if I wanted to come up for an interview. I again communicated my concerns about salary and was told they could work something out if I was the right fit. The interview was a group discussion with 4 hiring managers / employees. It went well enough however only lasted about 45 minutes. There was no plant tour or anything else. Seemed like there would have been more to it considering I drove 4 hrs to get there. I was given a PAR booklet (A personality test) that took about 6 hrs to complete and send in. They said they were very motivated to make a decision in the next few weeks and would let me know. After a number of follow up calls / emails all initiated by me I finally got a call on April 18th (almost 45 days after my interview) asking if I was interested in an offer at a lateral, however no actual numbers were discussed. I said I would like to see an offer and they said they would have one in a few days. On May 2nd (14 days) I received a call saying they could not offer me the position at even a lateral salary wise because it was not in-line with others in that role. Overall the process was disappointing. I can understand if my salary expectations are not in line with what is offed but I would have rather have ended it there instead of wasting time only to circle back to that road block later.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions. The PAR (personality test) was VERY involved and took a lot of time to complete.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview

Very casual and friendly. One of the Vice Presidents arranged the internship and interview for me. I was only a rising sophomore at the time, so they went pretty easy on me. They asked about my accounting experience from my Freshman year classes and what type of things I wanted to learn.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions- asked me when I could begin work and when I had to end for school.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Parker Hannifin (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke with past associates at an on campus career fair. Received a next day interview, which was very conversational, really just wanted to get to know me as a person and some of my past experiences. A month or so later I was offered an interview at HQ in Cleveland. In the mean time had to complete an assessment test (primarily mechanics).

The interview turned into 8. I interviewed with representatives from each division of PH. Once again conversational, but had behavioral questions intermixed. Asked a lot about past experiences. It is a long day, but you get a real feel for PH as a company.

Interview Questions

• What's the importance of having sales associates? What's your favorite movie? (caught me off guard).   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parker Hannifin (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR within a week for an interview. I interviewed a week later via Skype with HR Manager, and two upper management people. I was contacted a week and a half later and offered the position by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Very behavioral based interview questions. Where do youse yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I accepted a great offer!!

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Parker Hannifin in January 2014.

Interview

We hung out and got beersBut at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head.

Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly che

Interview Questions

• But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more wit

Worse stillectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly ch

Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview

Had a phone interview and a face to face interview

Engineer Interview

Interview

Start with online application, then phone interview screening with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, then onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were asked to meet a hard deadline. What did you do, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Parker Hannifin (Grantsburg, WI).

Interview

Interview process was neutral, not great or bad. I was already employed when I interviewed for the position, so I think that a level of formality was lacking. Once I took the position and changed to Salary, there was little follow up to explain the benefits as a salaried employee versus an hourly. I was left to figure it out on my own.

Interview Questions

• Where did I want to be in the future (5,10 years)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward and simple. They offered a raise and I took it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview

Panel interview with future peers, supervisor and hiring human resource representative. First part of the interview involved talking about my past experience and background. Questions were asked related to how I would apply previous experience to the job I was interviewing for. I was then able to ask questions about the job. Overall the experience was relaxed an friendly.