Parker Hannifin

Getting the Interview

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Confidential Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – Short phone screen first with HR, then in person with 2 HR people, then moved on to hiring manager

Interview Question – What skills do you need to develop, I believe that this is a disguise for the what's your greatest weakness question in case people have canned answers   View Answer

Sales Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – interview was 15 min asked about why you choose this major? what are your plan in 10 years?

Interview Question – what are your plans in 10 years?   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Montville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Hours process, interviewed with Lead Engineer and 3 would be co-worker's. Asked a lot about past work and examples from past experience. (ex - give me and example where you had to work in a team to finish a project)

Interview Question – Give me an example where you caught an error which saved your company money.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – I was asked a lot of basic technical questions. They asked those question base on your background in order to see how you handle the questions. I am more a Hardware person, and my major is EE.

Interview Question – How can you find out how many gas station in the USA?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with HR, phone screening with team lead, onsite panel interview

Interview Question – Basic questions about experience and situational questions   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – The interview was a four person panel. The collection of supervisors and HR personnel had a very conversational tone. The interview was not tense. Questions were fairly boilerplate and common. Did go into some detail about the position. I personally had a successful interview which was followed by a take-home personality test(PAR). It would appear the personality test hold a lot of weight. Do not take it lightly. Analyze every single because there will be a 3rd party company that will analyze every single answer. Overall a good experience in what appears to be a good company with good people.

Interview Question – Why Parker? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very professional but casual, not high stress at all. The job posting that I applied for was actually for two different marketing intern positions, so there were two people that interviewed me and also it was slightly confusing on who to tell what because of the job differences in the two positions. Very nice location and offices, very professional.

Interview Question – Normal routine of questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – It was a boardroom style interview

Negotiation Details – They gave you an offer letter and a phone call to come in to sign the paperwork to accept the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Tube Bender Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Parker Hannifin.

Interview Details – After going to a trade school as a Machinist, A representative from Parker showed up at the school. He interview all of us there and there were no machinist questions at all. Just questions like, how do you like to work on machines, and what do you do in your spare time. After which, they called me up for an interview at Parker and I was excited to go. When I showed up, I found other class members there too for the second interview. They gave us a walk around the facility and talked about how Parker helps their customers. Then they sat me in the waiting area again where the same recruiter came and talked to me for a bit about how the walk go. At the end before I started out the door, he asked me if I wanted to work in the assembly line instead of the tube bending department. I advised that since I went to school as a machinist, that I preferred the Machinist department. In the next few days, they had me submitting all the paper work needed to get the job in just 4 days time. They basically rushed me into the job. Then on the next Monday, they started all of us on training videos and such. Two months down the road, I wander why they did not put me on the machines, I then found out that they don't put temps on the machines. Also, I did not know that I was a temp till they said that. The guy who came to the school representing Parker was actually a representative from company called CDI. He should of told us that we would be temps and that temps can't mess with machines, for which we paid the school to teach us.

Interview Question – There was no technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Parker Hannifin in November 2010.

Interview Details – After having interned for the company for two summers, I was brought in for full-time interviews at the company's corporate headquarters in Cleveland (Mayfield), Ohio.

I met with 3 Vice Presidents and one HR representative, with a different walking guide taking me to each interview room. All of the interviews were one on one and very conversational/behavioral based. What began as a QA session would quickly become a talking session about hobbies, goals, future hopes, and where I wanted to be in 5-10 years. They really wanted to assess WHO I am and WHAT I want - it's very evident they care about their employees and as well as each individual's personal development.

A lot of hiring is based off of great character and from my experience, my personality and work ethic is very closely aligned with that of my team as well as my division. Parker does a very good job of hiring personable, self-motivated individuals that are able to co-exist and create unique ideas to help solve everyday business solutions. If you're fortunate to intern with the company, the interviews for full-time positions are mostly a hand-shake deal.

Best tip for the actual interviews? Just be yourself, be honest, ask them questions on their personal experience, and come in knowing how you want to contribute and how you plan to develop yourself to become a better asset for the company.

Interview Question – No real brain busters except: "If you could have dinner with any 3 people, who would they be and why?"

Why was this difficult? Because all of the other questions were technical- or behavioral-based. Wasn't expecting the mood to be lightened!
  Answer Question