Parker & Lynch

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Recruiter Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parker & Lynch.

Interview Details – Quite a long process - initial phone screen, 2 face to face interviews with the branch manager and perm division team leader, and a live telephone 'audition' making sales calls, then 2 phone interviews with more senior managers

Interview Question – Questions centered around making sure I would be happy / had experience of an outward bound phone-based job, selling, not so much on previous recruitment experience nor any behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P+L pay via a draw, with a % of what you bill first being offset against your cumulative draw and then any extra being paid out as additional bonus.

Financial Analyst Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Parker & Lynch in December 2013.

Interview Details – Asked for references such as employers, colleagues and subordinates, interview took about an hour.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Chesapeake, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Parker & Lynch.

Interview Details – Standard staffing company process. Submit resume, signup on website, complete skills assessment, and meet with coordinator and fill out new hire paperwork before knowing if a position is available.

Interview Question – Asked if I had a car and if family in the area (irrelevant questions)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to push for them to negotiate on your behalf. Negotiation was successful for first placement, but subsequently timid on the negotiations.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parker & Lynch.

Interview Details – Detailed and lengthy, met with several layers of management and completed a personality profile. Got to know a lot about the company and management team during the process. Overall a little long but well worth it.

Interview Question – Write up a sales plan an how you would approach this position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, standard commission scale but much better than other firms I have seen.

Financial Analyst Interview

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Parker & Lynch in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was disappointed by the interview process and actually embarassed for the company. Over the phone my initial contact with the prospective interviewer was very positive. I was very much looking forward to the follow up in-person interview. Unfortunately, the interviewer failed to keep her appointment, failed to inform me that she would be unable to make the appointment, and failed to prepare an alternate interviewer for my appointment. As a result, the person I interviewed with (after waiting 40 minutes in the receptionist's area) was unable to interview me for the position I was applying for and was unable to discuss that position or any similar positions. She was very polite but her position only allowed her to interview perspective employees for entry level positions, which I am over qualified for.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked if I would be interested in possibly changing career paths.   Answer Question

Accounting Candidate Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Parker & Lynch in August 2012.

Interview Details – For my first, and so far only, appointment was quick. I felt I needed to rush the interview since my recruiter said he had to go to a meeting and was trying to do this quickly. I didn't feel they took the time to feel me out and get to know me. It's been a few weeks and haven't heard back from them or received a general ledger test that he said he would send me.

Interview Question – What are three things you want in a company?   View Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Parker & Lynch in March 2011.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview to ask some general questions on what your goals are for finding employment. Then you are scheduled to meet a recruiter in person for the one-on-one inspection of your appearance and mannerisms. The length of the in-person interviewed lasted about 1.5 hours.

The interviewer has a MBA and appeared professional. I was to understand that the company had a well established presence in Colorado and would be able to represent me to various employers. After 3 months of contacting the recruiter on about 50 jobs available that I wanted representation on I finally quite using them since they could not get me NOT ONE INTERVIEW.

Also, the recruiter after the 3rd week of SENDING HIM JOB OPPORTUNITIES stopped responding to my follow-up emails and phones.

I have a skill that is marketable and in high demand but the recruiter was USELESS in getting me interviews while other staffing agencies were sending me on average to 2 interviews per week. I was glad to have the other agencies available to find employment with a good company after 3 months.

Interview Questions

Financial Services/Client Services Interview

Interviewed at Parker & Lynch

Interview Details – This was by far the most unprofessional staffing agency I have ever dealt with. The executive recruiter at Parker & Lynch in Philadelphia met with me for a face to face interview in regards to a potential opportunity they had in the Financial Services industry. We discussed my credentials as well as the opportunity. This part of the interview was pretty standard. The next day we followed up with each other, and I assumed that I would hear back within the next day or two or even the next week. However, as it turned out I had to follow up several times the next week, and the following week only to be completely ignored by the individual who contacted me. I was originally contacted by this firm because they saw my credentials and obviously felt like I was a potential match for the opportunity they had. Who knows, maybe a better candidate came along, maybe they realized I was not quite the qualified candidate after we met. That is not the issue here. The fact that they handled the situation by completely ignoring a candidate after leading them on to thinking they have an opportunity shows a lack of class and professionalism. My advice to job seekers, try another staffing agency.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Parker & Lynch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parker & Lynch interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Parker & Lynch employees and interview candidates.