Parsons Brinckerhoff Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with one individual, initially via a phone screen and then again for a two hour in person interview (same individual). The hiring manager seemed to have only ad hoc interviewing experience and was quite unprofessional (cursing other people's decisions), complaining about his situation and how the company treats people. The manager recently mis-managed a project and was looking for a savior to restore order and be an expert in the various fields of the project (not just as a PM, but as a developer, BA, DBA etc...). Unfortunately, they (PB) seem to have a salary range that does not support hiring quality individuals (for this position, but the interviewer also mentioned that his staff is incompetent). Given the company's size (30,000) I would have expected a more formal and professional interview and a more positive representation of the company and the staff that works there. I have not received an offer, but I will decline should I receive one.

Interview Questions

• The manager was seeking advice on project particulars. He detailed several of the issues with his currently failing project and seemed to be seeking advice from applicants to help him stay above water, rather than evaluating candidates for long-term success at PB. Several of the questions involved database interactions, SLDC, risk management and a variety of others. The interviewer ran out of time, and essentially rapid fired twenty odd questions off his list in an effort to complete the interview. This lack of time management along with several other aspects illustrated how poorly PB trains their management in interviewing (technical, or behavioral).   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied online to their open position. The hiring manager tried to contact via email. Unfortunately the emails didn't reach me when he thought they did go through. Even then he tried calling me thankfully! Then he set up a call with HR which was just part of a process- nothing significant. Then the hiring manager set up in-person interview after which they did background check and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• very technical questions regarding my experience   1 Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

Interview

contacted me by email a month after i applied for the internship via an online database and had one phone interview, will be going through the second round of interviews

Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed via phone. Have been asked about experience related to Traffic Engineering. It is an pleasant experience although I haven't get offer because I don't have the experience they want.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

One full day of work divided in four parts: writing, Excel, presenting, case interview. Multiple candidates on the same day but each take turns so you don't have to be all in the same room at once. They day ends with a networking lunch but is hard to prepare since there is no information on who will be there ahead of time.

Biller Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

Interview

I knew an employee of the firm and was told to apply online. Was contacted for an in person interview shortly thereafter and then went in for a 1 on 1 interview with HR. Was offered the job after several months delay and then had a brief salary negotiation. All around very low stress, since I knew someone who worked there and was applying for an entry level job I had no worries about getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem with a coworker and if so how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

Interview

initially the conversation were the HR questions and then the interviewer asked technical questions to test the knowledge in software and basic civil engineering. Overall interview was a good conversation and good experience. The interviewer gave room to talk about my interests. Interviewer was interested to know how much I knew about PB. interviewer called me for interview because my resume had somethings which they were very much interested in.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected was the question about some little known/new(?) software that was in use. Interviewer was kind enough to suggest that it is samee as XYZ.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was a quick process took about a total of two weeks. After they called me scheduled interview right away and interview went well. Quick easy questions about yourself. No technical questions were asked.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

3 people interviewed me based on a 20 question interview. 3 people interviewed me based on a 20 question interview.3 people interviewed me based on a 20 question interview.3 people interviewed me based on a 20 question interview.3 people interviewed me based on a 20 question interview.

Senior Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff (Houston, TX).

Interview

i applied online. after a week, i received an email from a recruiter in PA asking for my availability for a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a week, i received another email stating i call the recruiter to setup and interview date with area manager. i called and the interview dated was set.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the interview the Area manager asked me about my salary expectation. i gave him a range and the gave me the upper number.