Parsons Brinckerhoff Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Traction Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in February 2014.

No phone interview. Direct on-site interview. Reached before time but they were ready to interview me then and there. Met the senior manager and the manager for the traction department. discussed holidays, pay range, benefits, job description. Then the manager interviewed me for 30 mins but hardly any technical questions. More of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked all behavioral questions. They gave hypothetical situations and asked me what i would do if stuck in a situation like that. For example, What would you do if you are given a project and there is a short time to finish it and you do not know much about it or how to go about it?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in February 2013.

Three interviewers, at the New York City office for the civil/ highways department. Interviewers were fair but did not communicate clearly after the interview was over what the status of their decision was.

Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in January 2010.

This position was a temp to perm - interviewing was with the contract shop and then with the hiring manager. Very professionally handled.

Interview Questions
    • There were none - this was a position I was very qualified for and had been contacted by the shop that handled the temp placement.   Answer Question
    There was none - The salary offered was what I was looking for.

Senior Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

i applied online. after a week, i received an email from a recruiter in PA asking for my availability for a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a week, i received another email stating i call the recruiter to setup and interview date with area manager. i called and the interview dated was set.

Interview Questions
    At the interview the Area manager asked me about my salary expectation. i gave him a range and the gave me the upper number.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

Deliberately mislead or they didn't know the facts of the contract...not sure which is worse

Engineer I Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

My interview process was quite long winded. I met a representative at a conference and had a series of interviews soon after. I had four interviews in all and the last two were exclusively with my prospective team. They flew me in to their office location for my final interview and showed me around the place and introduced me to their projects. The whole process went on for about 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straightforward. They did a good job of ascertaining if I would be a good addition to their team.   Answer Question
    There was not a whole lot of negotiation. I was told that they had a fixed package. However, they did offer me a sign on bonus.

Project Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in January 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter in Pennsylvania. We had to reschedule our initial telephone interview 4 times times as every time the recruiter had a personal issue or was called into an emergency HR meeting. I was patient as I thought I would be a good fit for the position. We finally connected and she wanted to know why I was interested in the position when it was obvious I was OVERQUALIFIED. The recruiter said she would forward my resume to the hiring manager for consideration to see if she still wanted to interview me. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter tried to pin me down on what salary I wanted. I wanted to know what the salary range was and was told it was too broad to share; that it would predicate on what the person would bring to the job.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in March 2012.

The hiring process was very laid back. My direct boss is the person who interviewed me. He also called the Project Engineer and had him on speakerphone while he was conducting the interview. He asked appropriate questions given the job title and I was felt comfortable enough without worrying about saying the right thing.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in June 2013.

It was a very painless process. The questions were easy nothing technical like I had expected. The whole process took about a month before I was actually working for the company

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any , all by the book questions. Such as tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    They called to offer me the job, the salary was very good and I accepted the same day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

was contacted by email, and had an interview set up with two higher ups

Interview Questions

Worked for Parsons Brinckerhoff? Contribute to the Community!