Parsons Brinckerhoff Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.6

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

initially the conversation were the HR questions and then the interviewer asked technical questions to test the knowledge in software and basic civil engineering.
    Overall interview was a good conversation and good experience. The interviewer gave room to talk about my interests. Interviewer was interested to know how much I knew about PB. interviewer called me for interview because my resume had somethings which they were very much interested in.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected was the question about some little known/new(?) software that was in use. Interviewer was kind enough to suggest that it is samee as XYZ.   Answer Question

Senior Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

i applied online. after a week, i received an email from a recruiter in PA asking for my availability for a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a week, i received another email stating i call the recruiter to setup and interview date with area manager. i called and the interview dated was set.

Interview Questions
    At the interview the Area manager asked me about my salary expectation. i gave him a range and the gave me the upper number.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

Deliberately mislead or they didn't know the facts of the contract...not sure which is worse

Traction Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in February 2014.

No phone interview. Direct on-site interview. Reached before time but they were ready to interview me then and there. Met the senior manager and the manager for the traction department. discussed holidays, pay range, benefits, job description. Then the manager interviewed me for 30 mins but hardly any technical questions. More of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked all behavioral questions. They gave hypothetical situations and asked me what i would do if stuck in a situation like that. For example, What would you do if you are given a project and there is a short time to finish it and you do not know much about it or how to go about it?   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

My interview process was quite long winded. I met a representative at a conference and had a series of interviews soon after. I had four interviews in all and the last two were exclusively with my prospective team. They flew me in to their office location for my final interview and showed me around the place and introduced me to their projects. The whole process went on for about 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straightforward. They did a good job of ascertaining if I would be a good addition to their team.   Answer Question
    There was not a whole lot of negotiation. I was told that they had a fixed package. However, they did offer me a sign on bonus.

Project Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in January 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter in Pennsylvania. We had to reschedule our initial telephone interview 4 times times as every time the recruiter had a personal issue or was called into an emergency HR meeting. I was patient as I thought I would be a good fit for the position. We finally connected and she wanted to know why I was interested in the position when it was obvious I was OVERQUALIFIED. The recruiter said she would forward my resume to the hiring manager for consideration to see if she still wanted to interview me. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter tried to pin me down on what salary I wanted. I wanted to know what the salary range was and was told it was too broad to share; that it would predicate on what the person would bring to the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

was contacted by email, and had an interview set up with two higher ups

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff in June 2013.

It was a very painless process. The questions were easy nothing technical like I had expected. The whole process took about a month before I was actually working for the company

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any , all by the book questions. Such as tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    They called to offer me the job, the salary was very good and I accepted the same day.

Traffic Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

One phone interview and one onsite interview 1 week later. Received offer after 3 weeks. Overall very pleasant interview process

No negotiation

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Parsons Brinckerhoff.

The hiring process was relatively standard. They initially had a recruiter review my information and then setup a phone interview which took approximately 20 minutes. After the interview, the recruiter informed me that they would forward my information onto PB. After 2-3 days, I was contacted by PB to schedule an interview. It was relatively short notice, but was nothing out of the ordinary. I met with two mid/high level marketing execs and actively participated in the interview. Much of the talking was done by PB, except for theoretical/conversational scenarios. I came with questions and seemed to go relatively well, but I was probably lacking some technical experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty standard. I was surprised that they did much of the talking - explaining PB and what they're looking for.   Answer Question