Parsons Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Safety Manager In New York City Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one with an HR rep and the second at a later date with a corporate EHS director. Few weeks later there was a third and final interview at the field office in Queens, NYC with 3 project managers and the corporate EHS director. The interviews were all fairly straightforward with questions on my technical background, aspirations, future goals.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and waited about three months to hear anything about the position. Once I heard back, things moved pretty quickly. I had a phone interview and a request for office interview. I was busy finishing my semester and next day got a verbal offer. It took a bit longer to get a written offer as HR tends to move pretty slow.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

On campus interview after career fair. Expected a general, behavioral interview but it was a technical interview. It started off with going over my resume, then started asking simple technical questions to more sophisticated ones. I wasn't asked to actually code anything, but I was asked to explain the algorithm that solves the problem as well as time efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Open ended, but simple questions like "what is an operating system?" were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not ask if I can negotiate. I was ok with the offer and I just accepted it.

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

There will be 1 or 2 rounds of interview, depend on your interview panel. Both will be on-site. The interview probably in a hour. For junior position, there is an expectation to re-train you after you get hired, so they will mostly asking about the skills that you put on your resume to clarify how deep you know about that field. Technical interview question will mostly be typical work day problem, rather than programming-challenge problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Q and A interview with four employees in separate interviews. Pretty traditional questions. Nothing that made you think hard. They were not able to provide much information on the actual product due to the nature of the program.

Interview Questions

• Pretty traditional questions. Nothing that made you think hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a reasonable offer and I accepted after they offered a 5k sign-on bonus

Senior Lane Tech/Motor Vehicle Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Parsons Corporation (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

They discuss about the functions of the job per-say, they asked if I could work overtime and on weekends. They tell you about the uniforms, jackets, shoes and other supplies they give you. You are asked to fill out a employment questionnaire. I filled out an application while my vehicle was being inspected. I didn't accept the job, because I already had one. I was released from the job six months later. And so, they called me and asked if I was interested in working for them. I accepted, went for training for two weeks after I passed the state test and then. I started working and making good money, and best of all. "I met a lot of people".

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions, the only difficult thing about this job was not knowing enough of the functions of the vehicles. In two hours they read to you all the questions and answers of the test, that contain questions regarding the emissions, and functions of vehicles. This you have to memorize during your lunch break. And then, prepare yourself for the state test.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Email; online application process; no connections; applied for a job i was qualified for. Went smooth and only lasted 15 minutes. A few questions about who I was and what I wanted to do were all I needed. I was not hired on the spot, called back shortly.

Interview Questions

• A question regarding my resume about familiarity of knowledge and then knowing the core values   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation in December 2014.

Interview

I was approached shortly after I applied online for a phone interview. Time changed twice which was okay; however, if I had not been as flexible, not sure if they would've followed through. After initial interview, I was told there would be a follow on. Over two weeks later, finally got another call to set up a face to face interview. Again parsons rescheduled. Overall I wouldn't recommend the company.

Associate Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. After a few questions about my background, a phone interview was scheduled with a manager. Most questions were about my background and abilities within my field, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked about my experience with certain design standards, my structural design and analysis experience, and any other relevant work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I thought the offer was fair given the region and my experience.

Mail Services Interview

Interview

Company HR department will contact via email first, then phone call to set up an interview date. Interview process starts with an interview with the hiring manager, then a visit to the mail room to meet the current team. You chit chat with the team and ask any questions about the job. Last person you meet is the HR person who arranged your interview. They go over the company benefits and health plans and answer questions. Then contact you if you receive job.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with creating shipping labels?   1 Answer