Parsons Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Associate Structural Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. After a few questions about my background, a phone interview was scheduled with a manager. Most questions were about my background and abilities within my field, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked about my experience with certain design standards, my structural design and analysis experience, and any other relevant work experience.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. I thought the offer was fair given the region and my experience.

Mail Services Interview

Company HR department will contact via email first, then phone call to set up an interview date. Interview process starts with an interview with the hiring manager, then a visit to the mail room to meet the current team. You chit chat with the team and ask any questions about the job. Last person you meet is the HR person who arranged your interview. They go over the company benefits and health plans and answer questions. Then contact you if you receive job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with creating shipping labels?   View Answer

Environmental Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

First interview, took about an hour. Interviewed by 2 managers, asking many questions about prior experience, a few hypothetical questions. Asked what do I expect to get from Parsons, what am I looking for from Parsons, how will I succeed... Entry level position so interviewers asked GPA from college, and focused on some course work.

Principal Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

The interview process was very timely however it was well worth the wait. I started my interview process 6 months prior to receiving my offer. The interview process started with a recruiter just to ask some basic background information. The second interview was with the director of the west coast. This interview was more of a technical interview. The third interview was with the two project managers I would be working with on the project. This interview was a more personal interview about my work history, it also included my technical skill sets, and how would I handle certain situations. The last interview was with my client and it was very similar to the interview I had with the PM's. This interview was just to make sure that client would buy off on hiring and working with me through the course of the project.

Interview Questions
    • What are my methods of integrating technologies, training, and teaching across the generation gap.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

They can take a really long time to make a decision. If you are not a technical person, meaning and engineer or architect, the interviewer might not know the right questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can contribute as a non-engineer?   Answer Question

CSA Construction/Safety Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Parsons Corporation in April 2013.

Friendly and straight forward one on one, then background, drug test, benefit package from human recourse
    Interviewer went over the project and what was expected of me in the position applied for, a walk through of the project and meeting with the rest of the team and contractors on site. Parsons sends an agreement package that has to be signed and returned

Consultant Interview

After multiple application attempts with no feedback, I received an invitation for an interview. Interviewed with Vice President and Senior Manager over lunch. Focused interview designed to obtain knowledge on professional and personal experiences. Received feedback within less than two weeks.

Area Manager Interview

Two part Interview, phone then person to person, very low key but based on previous knowledge of my abilities

Interview Questions
    • if you cant handle a difficult question then this is not the job for you.   Answer Question

Multimedia Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Parsons Corporation in February 2013.

Initial interaction was through emails. Then a phone interview with the HR Director. TI then had an in-person interview was with the manager I would be replacing and a person I would be managing. We had a detailed discussion about the range of work the department does and how my experience would fit. We looked at my website to discuss my work. The existing manager insulted my work so I was surprised when I was emailed a date in which I would be contacted for second interview. The date passed for the second interview. I had a second phone interview with the person who would be my boss which was very encouraging. This person said negative things about the first person who interviewed me. After the second phone interview I was told the second person's boss who going travel from the other side of the country to interview me in person and I would have to wait until the persons schedule was free to interview me. I waited another six weeks I emailed the HR director to find out where I stood. I eventually was told that the department was going to reorganized and there would be no position available

Interview Questions
    • The current manager who I would be replacing seem to be having an emotional connection to the I was told that the existing manager was leaving of her own will she insulted my work.   Answer Question

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Parsons Corporation in May 2010.

My resume was found on a internet job site. I was called and asked to go into further detail on certain jobs listed on my resume. Then was asked if i could handle the expected long hours and extend work weeks that may come with the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was if i wanted the job i had to be in certain city within 48 hours.   View Answer
    The initial offer was good, but while on the phone with the HR rep i looked up comparable jobs and salaries. I brought that up and i asked for a few more dollar an hour. The Hr rep agreed.

Worked for Parsons Corporation? Contribute to the Community!