Parsons Corporation

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Associate Structural Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. After a few questions about my background, a phone interview was scheduled with a manager. Most questions were about my background and abilities within my field, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked about my experience with certain design standards, my structural design and analysis experience, and any other relevant work experience.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. I thought the offer was fair given the region and my experience.

Mail Services Interview

Company HR department will contact via email first, then phone call to set up an interview date. Interview process starts with an interview with the hiring manager, then a visit to the mail room to meet the current team. You chit chat with the team and ask any questions about the job. Last person you meet is the HR person who arranged your interview. They go over the company benefits and health plans and answer questions. Then contact you if you receive job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with creating shipping labels?   View Answer

Environmental Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

First interview, took about an hour. Interviewed by 2 managers, asking many questions about prior experience, a few hypothetical questions. Asked what do I expect to get from Parsons, what am I looking for from Parsons, how will I succeed... Entry level position so interviewers asked GPA from college, and focused on some course work.

Principal Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

The interview process was very timely however it was well worth the wait. I started my interview process 6 months prior to receiving my offer. The interview process started with a recruiter just to ask some basic background information. The second interview was with the director of the west coast. This interview was more of a technical interview. The third interview was with the two project managers I would be working with on the project. This interview was a more personal interview about my work history, it also included my technical skill sets, and how would I handle certain situations. The last interview was with my client and it was very similar to the interview I had with the PM's. This interview was just to make sure that client would buy off on hiring and working with me through the course of the project.

Interview Questions
    • What are my methods of integrating technologies, training, and teaching across the generation gap.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

They can take a really long time to make a decision. If you are not a technical person, meaning and engineer or architect, the interviewer might not know the right questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can contribute as a non-engineer?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

After multiple application attempts with no feedback, I received an invitation for an interview. Interviewed with Vice President and Senior Manager over lunch. Focused interview designed to obtain knowledge on professional and personal experiences. Received feedback within less than two weeks.

Area Manager Interview

Two part Interview, phone then person to person, very low key but based on previous knowledge of my abilities

Interview Questions
    • if you cant handle a difficult question then this is not the job for you.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

It was difficult as it is such a largecorporation - a lot of red tape

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficut, but rather ti was difficult to get through the red tape of the HR department.   Answer Question

Project Controls Specialist Interview

Network to get an interview. HR is very prompt. Mostly behavioral interview

not much scope

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

I'm not entirely sure how they received my resume as I was putting out about 20 to 30 resumes a day through multiple avenues. However, once I had the interview it was only about 6 calendar days before they offered a position. The interview was pretty long, and thorough. Having me give a narrative of my history to fielding a few technical questions. The technical questions were all basic knowledge items, and nothing to trip you up. I think it was more of an attempt to validate the experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • This position requires travel, a lot of it, tell us how you might be able to manage a health work/life balance with spending this amount of time on the road?   View Answer