Parsons Corporation

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

On campus interview after career fair. Expected a general, behavioral interview but it was a technical interview. It started off with going over my resume, then started asking simple technical questions to more sophisticated ones. I wasn't asked to actually code anything, but I was asked to explain the algorithm that solves the problem as well as time efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended, but simple questions like "what is an operating system?" were unexpected.   Answer Question
    I did not ask if I can negotiate. I was ok with the offer and I just accepted it.

IT Specialist Interview

There will be 1 or 2 rounds of interview, depend on your interview panel. Both will be on-site. The interview probably in a hour. For junior position, there is an expectation to re-train you after you get hired, so they will mostly asking about the skills that you put on your resume to clarify how deep you know about that field. Technical interview question will mostly be typical work day problem, rather than programming-challenge problem.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Q and A interview with four employees in separate interviews. Pretty traditional questions. Nothing that made you think hard. They were not able to provide much information on the actual product due to the nature of the program.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty traditional questions. Nothing that made you think hard.   Answer Question
    They made a reasonable offer and I accepted after they offered a 5k sign-on bonus

Senior Lane Tech/Motor Vehicle Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

They discuss about the functions of the job per-say, they asked if I could work overtime and on weekends. They tell you about the uniforms, jackets, shoes and other supplies they give you. You are asked to fill out a employment questionnaire. I filled out an application while my vehicle was being inspected. I didn't accept the job, because I already had one. I was released from the job six months later. And so, they called me and asked if I was interested in working for them. I accepted, went for training for two weeks after I passed the state test and then. I started working and making good money, and best of all. "I met a lot of people".

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions, the only difficult thing about this job was not knowing enough of the functions of the vehicles. In two hours they read to you all the questions and answers of the test, that contain questions regarding the emissions, and functions of vehicles. This you have to memorize during your lunch break. And then, prepare yourself for the state test.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Email; online application process; no connections; applied for a job i was qualified for. Went smooth and only lasted 15 minutes. A few questions about who I was and what I wanted to do were all I needed. I was not hired on the spot, called back shortly.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding my resume about familiarity of knowledge and then knowing the core values   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Associate Structural Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. After a few questions about my background, a phone interview was scheduled with a manager. Most questions were about my background and abilities within my field, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked about my experience with certain design standards, my structural design and analysis experience, and any other relevant work experience.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. I thought the offer was fair given the region and my experience.

Mail Services Interview

Company HR department will contact via email first, then phone call to set up an interview date. Interview process starts with an interview with the hiring manager, then a visit to the mail room to meet the current team. You chit chat with the team and ask any questions about the job. Last person you meet is the HR person who arranged your interview. They go over the company benefits and health plans and answer questions. Then contact you if you receive job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with creating shipping labels?   View Answer

Environmental Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

First interview, took about an hour. Interviewed by 2 managers, asking many questions about prior experience, a few hypothetical questions. Asked what do I expect to get from Parsons, what am I looking for from Parsons, how will I succeed... Entry level position so interviewers asked GPA from college, and focused on some course work.

Principal Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Parsons Corporation.

The interview process was very timely however it was well worth the wait. I started my interview process 6 months prior to receiving my offer. The interview process started with a recruiter just to ask some basic background information. The second interview was with the director of the west coast. This interview was more of a technical interview. The third interview was with the two project managers I would be working with on the project. This interview was a more personal interview about my work history, it also included my technical skill sets, and how would I handle certain situations. The last interview was with my client and it was very similar to the interview I had with the PM's. This interview was just to make sure that client would buy off on hiring and working with me through the course of the project.

Interview Questions
    • What are my methods of integrating technologies, training, and teaching across the generation gap.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

They can take a really long time to make a decision. If you are not a technical person, meaning and engineer or architect, the interviewer might not know the right questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can contribute as a non-engineer?   Answer Question