Parsons the New School for Design

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Parsons the New School for Design

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Parsons the New School for Design.

I was referred by a friend and therefore somehow only met with the person who became my supervisor. It was a good interview but the job description seemed a bit less clear than it was on paper.

Interview Questions
    • How would you market our program to people outside of the University?   Answer Question
    There was little room for negotiating the salary because of salary grade caps and budget limits.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Parsons the New School for Design in September 2011.

Had a total of 3 interviews. The first was a phone screening with HR. The second was a group interview with a hiring committee. The third and final interview was with my immediate supervisor and the director.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about my advising philosophy, how I prioritized my workload, what I knew about the university, why I wanted the position, examples of times I solved problems with students.   Answer Question

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Parsons the New School for Design in October 2008.

The process was very informal, two different people interviewed me, and they found me through another employee at the school.

Interview Questions
    It was a very low paying job. (The year is off it only let me put in 2008... the year was earlier - like 1997)