Parsons the New School for Design

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Parsons the New School for Design.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and therefore somehow only met with the person who became my supervisor. It was a good interview but the job description seemed a bit less clear than it was on paper.

Interview Question – How would you market our program to people outside of the University?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little room for negotiating the salary because of salary grade caps and budget limits.

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Parsons the New School for Design in September 2011.

Interview Details – Had a total of 3 interviews. The first was a phone screening with HR. The second was a group interview with a hiring committee. The third and final interview was with my immediate supervisor and the director.

Interview Question – Questions were about my advising philosophy, how I prioritized my workload, what I knew about the university, why I wanted the position, examples of times I solved problems with students.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Activities Coordinator Interview

Activities Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Parsons the New School for Design in October 2008.

Interview Details – The process was very informal, two different people interviewed me, and they found me through another employee at the school.

Interview Question – The interview was very informal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a very low paying job. (The year is off it only let me put in 2008... the year was earlier - like 1997)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Parsons the New School for Design? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parsons the New School for Design interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Parsons the New School for Design employees and interview candidates.