Partek Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

Graphics Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Partek.

After receiving my resume they immediately asked for an interview. I arrived and was interviewed by 3 software engineers. The first engineer asked a vague question about graphics calls for drawing a scene he on a projector, followed by sorting a list into buckets. The next guy asked for me to determine if a list of points was a concave or convex shape based on a list of points. This would definitely take most people more than 15 minutes to figure out on their own (without Google). To make things worse, the only thing I could use to develop the solution was a crumpled notepad with no empty pages (no, I'm not kidding, it was packed with various notes and drawings he had done). The last guy seemed better and more interested in my thought process instead of a test I hadn't studied for.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of 2D points, determine if the shape they make is concave or convex.   View Answer

Field Applications Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Partek in October 2013.

Phone interview as an initial screen. Then was invited for an onsite interview. Much like a academic interview. Early morning presentation then a series of interviews from representatives of different departments. Some interviewers were not on site so I had to answer over the voice conference. Questions range from typical job interview questions (strengths/weaknesses) to basic scientific questions (to test aptitude and communication skills).

Interview Questions
    • I found the simpler the questions, the harder to answer. I had to explain to someone over the phone what is real-time pcr. I wished I had a whiteboard.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my start date.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Partek.

Phone interview was very professional. In person interview was a disaster, they were not prepared for me, did not answer the door when I rang the bell, and left me in a conference room while they got organized. The owner of the company was not very friendly. He asked pointed questions and knocked some of my previous work without asking qualifying questions. No follow up after the interview on their behalf. Think they are looking for someone who will follow their lead and not ask many questions and work like a robot.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions except dug in a little bit too closely on career gap   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Partek in February 2010.

Very conversational; asked why I am a good fit for the company and if I had any questions, and that was it.

Graphics Programmer, Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

The process was simple. They accepted resumes at the career fair and scheduled a date for an interview that was held the next day. The interviewer was a very senior personality from the company seemed very knowledgeable about almost all technologies.
     I showed him my graphics project, (The HR suggests you take some code you have written when going for the interview), and he asked a lot of questions on it. Just to check whether I had written the code. The interview went nice but i wasn't given an offer. I think they are looking for very specific people.

Interview Questions
    • It was related to my project. He asked me how would the program run if I had altered in way he suggested.. It was a difficult question related to physics and graphics.. It made u to think..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Partek in August 2011.

There was a phone tech screen at first with a series of technical related questions. The on site interview consisted of a presentation followed by a procession of 1:1 interviews. Each 1:1 had a technical problem to solve and a few questions about the presentation. At the end had a behavioral interview with the standard questions for it. The other engineers where friendly and appeared very competent. The culture I would describe as very casual and young.

Interview Questions
    • C++ problems, not giving exact question as I doubt they will be able to have new ones for every interviewee.   Answer Question

Pay was not in the range I was looking for, not sure if low offer because of opinion of me or if it was the standard pay for the company.