Parthenon - EY Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.4

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parthenon - EY.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews 1 round of fit interview Remaining were Case based (one of the case based interview was a guesstimate and the others were full business cases) Interview questions were quantitative in nature and quant ability is gauged closely

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parthenon - EY.

Interview

On campus interview. Two 30/45ish minute interviews. One was all case and one was part fit part case. The questions are extremely open ended, making them interesting, but nothing like your typical case questions. Lots of marketing sizing. More abstract than your typical cases. The people were nice though, but it wasn't really for me, and wasn't what I prepared for (different than many of the Case in point Cases).

Interview Questions

• Estimate the size of the light bulb market in the United States.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Parthenon - EY in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Heard back within a week. The interviewers were very nice and one was an alum from my school. There were two back to back 30-min interviews, one with a fit and market sizing question, the second with a shorter fit and longer case. The fit questions were pretty standard resume and leadership-skills based. The market sizing and case were both pretty straightforward as well. The second case was how many items you'd have to sell to break even when starting a dessert business.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Parthenon - EY in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. Was contacted for an interview the following week. Had two interviews with separate people. Both of them were extremely nice. The first was a very free form case where he asked me to figure out whether or not I should open a food truck business, and I had to come up with all of the numbers and justify them myself. The second was more behavioral with a small estimation problem. The behavioral was not something you could prepare for, which was refreshing after all the other interviews. Just have fun! Very nice people!

Interview Questions

• Do you like food trucks? Should you open a food truck, and if so, what type?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting. First round consisted of one case and one fit interview. Interviewers were very friendly and the case was straight forward. Received a call that evening informing me I had made it through to the second/final round. Final round was in the Boston office. They took all the interviewees out to dinner in small groups the night before the interview and everyone was incredibly friendly and professional. The interview consisted of two cases and one group case. The two cases were slightly more difficult than the first round but nothing crazy. The group interview was more difficult since I had never done anything like that before. Overall it was a great experience, loved the people I met and learned a lot through the process.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parthenon - EY.

Interview

I applied to the summer internship program through their careers website and landed an interview. The whole thing was an hour long, split into a 30 minute market sizing/behavioral analysis and a 30 minute case study. Overall they asked pretty easy questions and my two interviewers were extremely forthcoming with providing any additional information I asked for. While they're much more interested in your thought process than the accuracy of whatever "guesstimation" you produce, be prepared to justify any numbers you come up with.

Interview Questions

• Estimate your college's annual cost of providing food via its dining halls. How would you minimize costs?   Answer Question
    • Estimate the market size for lightbulbs in the US.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parthenon - EY (Evanston, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Took 2 weeks, consisted of 2 rounds (one at university, one in Boston headquarters). First round consisted of 2 individual interviews (one behavioral and market sizing question, one case). Final round had a group case analysis with presentation to 2 partners, an individual behavioral interview, and an individual case interview. The two individual case interviews were very conversation-based

Associate Interview

Interview

Did not make it through the first round. 2 back-to-back phone interviews, one consisting of only a 20 minute case, the other mostly fit/behavioral questions followed by a short market sizing problem. Both interviewers were very nice, supportive. Questions weren't too difficult, but I stumbled a couple of times. I suspect you have to ace these questions to move on.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Parthenon - EY.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later regarding a first round phone interview. Phone interview consisted of two rounds, behavioral fit and case study in the first, and a longer case study in the second. Was invited back to a series of interviews at their new office at NY. 1 group case, 2 case interviews. Group case interview was great. Case interviews were pretty challenging.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Parthenon - EY.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contacted for an interview a little over a week afterwards. Interview process involved 2 one on one interviews that consisted of one case study each. Interviewers were very friendly and helpful.