Parthenon Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Parthenon Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting process is as follows: 2 first round interviews - usually one with a longer case, followed by a super day of 4-6 more in depth interviews with more senior members, including a partner.

Interview Question – Help a local business decide whether or not to use Groupon. How would you help them understand whether it's worth it and the pros and cons of using the service?   Answer Question

Summer Principal Interview

Summer Principal
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Parthenon Group.

Interview Details – Interview process was through Parthenon's on-campus MBA recruiting. I attended their company presentation and info sessions, where I learned a lot about the company and people. Everyone I met was very friendly, interesting, and engaging.

The interview process was two rounds with first round on-campus. It consisted of a case interview and a more conversational interview. Second round was in Parthenon's Boston office, and consisted of a longer, more interactive case, as well as an interview with one of the partners in Boston and one final more conversational interview.

Throughout the process I became more and more excited about the prospect of working at Parthenon. The strategy consulting work sounded exactly like what I was looking for, and the people I met seemed like a great group of colleagues to learn from.

Interview Question – Parthenon is looking for people that are smart, nice, and driven. When did you first realize you were "smart"?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Parthenon Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – Made it through the first two rounds. Each round consisted of two individual 30 minute interviews, where you would spend about ten minutes answering "fit" questions and then the next twenty minutes solving case questions. The case questions were very standard for consulting interviews. The people from Parthenon are very welcoming and helpful, and it was a very non-stressful interview atmosphere. The best preparation for an interview with Parthenon is to develop your own case question toolkit that you can apply to a variety of different case questions. Don't try to memorize "Case in Point." If a book could answer all of the questions, then they wouldn't need to hire consultants. They really do want to see how you think.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that you convinced a group to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

Worked for Parthenon Group? Contribute to the Community!