Parthenon Group

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.4

Associate Interview

Did not make it through the first round. 2 back-to-back phone interviews, one consisting of only a 20 minute case, the other mostly fit/behavioral questions followed by a short market sizing problem. Both interviewers were very nice, supportive. Questions weren't too difficult, but I stumbled a couple of times. I suspect you have to ace these questions to move on.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Parthenon Group.

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later regarding a first round phone interview. Phone interview consisted of two rounds, behavioral fit and case study in the first, and a longer case study in the second.

Was invited back to a series of interviews at their new office at NY. 1 group case, 2 case interviews. Group case interview was great. Case interviews were pretty challenging.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parthenon Group.

I submitted an application online. I was contacted for an interview a little over a week afterwards. Interview process involved 2 one on one interviews that consisted of one case study each. Interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parthenon Group.

Applied through college recruitment. Only one round of interviews which consisted of one 30 minute interview that was behavioral and resume questions, ending with a market sizing question and one 30 minute case interview. Both interviewers were very friendly and helped you through the case, really wanted it to be a conversation between you and the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Is a food truck in a small town a viable business venture?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Parthenon Group in October 2014.

The interviewers were pretty rote in their lines and the type of information I discussed with them. They were professional but I could tell they'd done quite a few of these over the course of the day.

Interview Questions
    • None- they were pretty cookie cutter market sizing questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very intimidating and hard to understand question. Went through a few case interviews before being interviewed. Recruiter was not clear about job description either. Have to be interested in health care industry because that's one of the Parthenon's industries of focus. I believe that they won't give you the opportunity to interview if you are not into health care

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was unwilling to answer clarifying questions   Answer Question

Mismatch with company

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Parthenon Group.

Got the interview through university career center. After resume drop, started with a phone interview, pretty quick about 20 minutes. Then in person interview at Boston. Two hour interview in total, 2 with principals (between 3 and 8 years at Parthenon), a partner and a someone from HR (who had started there as an Associate).

Interview Questions
    • You're opening a food truck in Boston. How would you present your proposal to a board of investors? (pros, cons, revenue, costs, location etc).   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Parthenon Group.

The interview consisted of two half hour interviews, each with a case and some fit questions. The cases were difficult but nothing crazy. They did require a fair amount of math. Overall the interviewers were very friendly and helped lead you through the case if you got stuck.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Parthenon Group.

Applied through OCR, and got an interview. The first rounds consists of two 30 min interviews, and it is the only round. The interviewers were very friendly and nice. Got a very positive impression of the firm.
    About 30% behavioral/fit questions, and 70% case questions. Heard back a few days after the interview, but didn't get an offer. Wasn't very surprised as I hadn't prepared very well, though.

Summer Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Parthenon Group.

Interview process was through Parthenon's on-campus MBA recruiting. I attended their company presentation and info sessions, where I learned a lot about the company and people. Everyone I met was very friendly, interesting, and engaging.

The interview process was two rounds with first round on-campus. It consisted of a case interview and a more conversational interview. Second round was in Parthenon's Boston office, and consisted of a longer, more interactive case, as well as an interview with one of the partners in Boston and one final more conversational interview.

Throughout the process I became more and more excited about the prospect of working at Parthenon. The strategy consulting work sounded exactly like what I was looking for, and the people I met seemed like a great group of colleagues to learn from.

Interview Questions
    • Parthenon is looking for people that are smart, nice, and driven. When did you first realize you were "smart"?   Answer Question