Partners HealthCare Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Partners HealthCare.

contacted by recruiter

Patient Registration Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in June 2013.

It was an open house running from 4 to 7 PM. I was in a line where the to-be interviewee in front writes down basic information provided by MGH (e.i. your name, how you found out about the job, have you applied here before). After that process, we interviewees--where there was at least 50 of us in the first hour--were placed in the waiting room that consisted mostly of chairs and a video on TV describing the position. When I was called twenty minutes later, I went into a room where five other people had private interviews. The interview was pretty short (4 questions). The interviewer told me she's going to make calls in 2-3 weeks.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in May 2013.

The initial communication seemed clear, informative, however the hiring process takes a long time, more than a month, the interview process was friendly with many open-ended questions and live scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Compensation, it seems to be a secret to know how much the position will pay, which can be stressful for employees.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase, seems to be non-existent and the offer is a secret, until you have accepted the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in April 2013.

phone interview with HR then hiring manager, face to face panel interview with 3-4 people

No negotiation take it or leave it, they don't negotiate and view it as your lucky we want you.

Third Party Reviewers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in April 2013.

I had applied online. HR contacted me about 1-1.5 weeks later. My HR rep was great to work with. Friendly and prepared me to meet with the supervisor of the team. Met with the manager and supervisor of my team and they were nothing but nice!

Interview Questions
    Recv'd phone call about job, was offered the position and advised of the salary - was up to me if i wanted to accept or not.

Graduate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in March 2013.

Applied online for one role but was contacted by an HR manager who suggested that I apply to another role instead. I applied, had a phone screen with HR, a phone interview with the manager, then an in-person interview with the manager. The very same day I heard from HR that I was going to receive an offer. This happened in March for an early-June start.

Interview Questions
    • Had to define terms in healthcare finance related to financial planning, management, and healthcare payers.   Answer Question
    Intern payment is standard, not negotiated

Referral Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in July 2012.

I received a phone call from a person in the HR department asking to set up a time to interview. Received a follow up email with the interview time and directions. Met with HR and went over my resume and qualifications. They only asked questions regarding my resume and experience and how I would handle certain situations - there were no crazy out of the box questions asked. I was brought over to meet with the head of the department for which I would be working. The department head asked me more questions about my experience and how I would handle different potential situations. After this meeting I was told that I was hired for the position and received my offer letter a week later.

Interview Questions
    • How I would handle a client who was upset or angry. It was unexpected because the job that I was applying for was described as mostly data entry and I did not know that I would be speaking with patients/clients (over the phone)   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in April 2012.

I applied on line and about a month later, received a call from the recruiter. I later traveled to the Corporate office where I met with the same recruiter and the hiring manager. I thought it went pretty well and I thought I was able to make a connection with the hiring manager.

From what I heard from the hiring manager, they were looking to fill the role over the next few weeks. The next step was that qualified candidates would be invited back to meet with others in the same workgroup. I was told that a decision would be made on 2nd interviews within the next two weeks.

Never heard back from anyone ever again at the company. They pride themselves on being one of the great places to work in Massachusetts, but not ever communicating their decision, especially after having a face to face interview, is just plain classless.

Applications Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in March 2012.

The hiring process is very slow. I've seen this with several positions (full-time and contract) that have opened and have been sourced while here. The shortest time between the identification of a need and the commencement of interviews has been ~6 months.

So responding to Partners position inquiries may never result in a call at all only because the lag between posting the position and the actual need for the position has been so long that the need goes away before filling it.

Otherwise, when called, it's 1-3 phone screens followed by in-person interviews. For some departments, that in-person interview can be done as a panel of interviewees (with or without some prepared presentation by the candidate).

Interview Questions
    • Typically, the most difficult question to field will be figuring out how to sell yourself if you don't have an extensive clinical background. The more "clinical-sounding" a job may seem, the more this difficulty is. Some people are just absolutely convinced that if you don't have a clinical background you couldn't possibly perform in role X.   View Answer
    I got the top of the range and there was no ability to get outside of the range. It's very HR-focused and by the book. If the range is 10-20k you will not get higher than 20k no matter your background, etc.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Partners HealthCare in July 2011.

From a technical review standpoint, pretty standard -- lots of fairly deep-dive technical assessment questions, administrative and managerial questions, etc. Interestingly, did not meet with any peers, only the group manager -- wouldn't you want to meet with your prospective team to not only assess them, but to have them assess you? Very poor managerial philosophy, IMHO. Also unfair to the others on the team. Also, drastic understatement on what the on-call stints would be like -- "oh, things are generally very quiet." NOT. On-call was generally very hectic. Ask anyone on their network teams -- the stress leading up to, and during, the on-call sessions were really bad.

No negotiation -- you can accept the offer or decline it. There will always be other 'bodies' (their word) to fill the role.