Partners HealthCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Finance Interview

Graduate Finance
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for one role but was contacted by an HR manager who suggested that I apply to another role instead. I applied, had a phone screen with HR, a phone interview with the manager, then an in-person interview with the manager. The very same day I heard from HR that I was going to receive an offer. This happened in March for an early-June start.

Interview Question – Had to define terms in healthcare finance related to financial planning, management, and healthcare payers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern payment is standard, not negotiated

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in May 2013.

Interview Details – The initial communication seemed clear, informative, however the hiring process takes a long time, more than a month, the interview process was friendly with many open-ended questions and live scenarios.

Interview Question – Compensation, it seems to be a secret to know how much the position will pay, which can be stressful for employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase, seems to be non-existent and the offer is a secret, until you have accepted the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview/ Hiring process took well over a month. First with a call from HR (I ended up having 3 phone interviews), two in person interviews and then was offered the job after about 2 weeks of not hearing anything.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but just accepted the offer.

Referral Service Associate Interview

Referral Service Associate
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in July 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a person in the HR department asking to set up a time to interview. Received a follow up email with the interview time and directions. Met with HR and went over my resume and qualifications. They only asked questions regarding my resume and experience and how I would handle certain situations - there were no crazy out of the box questions asked. I was brought over to meet with the head of the department for which I would be working. The department head asked me more questions about my experience and how I would handle different potential situations. After this meeting I was told that I was hired for the position and received my offer letter a week later.

Interview Question – How I would handle a client who was upset or angry. It was unexpected because the job that I was applying for was described as mostly data entry and I did not know that I would be speaking with patients/clients (over the phone)   Answer Question

Applications Analyst II Interview

Applications Analyst II
Wellesley, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very slow. I've seen this with several positions (full-time and contract) that have opened and have been sourced while here. The shortest time between the identification of a need and the commencement of interviews has been ~6 months.

So responding to Partners position inquiries may never result in a call at all only because the lag between posting the position and the actual need for the position has been so long that the need goes away before filling it.

Otherwise, when called, it's 1-3 phone screens followed by in-person interviews. For some departments, that in-person interview can be done as a panel of interviewees (with or without some prepared presentation by the candidate).

Interview Question – Typically, the most difficult question to field will be figuring out how to sell yourself if you don't have an extensive clinical background. The more "clinical-sounding" a job may seem, the more this difficulty is. Some people are just absolutely convinced that if you don't have a clinical background you couldn't possibly perform in role X.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got the top of the range and there was no ability to get outside of the range. It's very HR-focused and by the book. If the range is 10-20k you will not get higher than 20k no matter your background, etc.

Team Leader II Interview

Team Leader II

Interviewed at Partners HealthCare

Interview Details – Initial contact via email.
Interview process was with HR over the phone
One on site visit.
The HR rep then handled the salary negotiation stage well.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Belmont, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very fast! Was contacted, interviewed and hired within a week. Interviewers put me at ease and were laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about it   Answer Question

Applications Coordinator Interview

Applications Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Partners HealthCare.

Interview Details – Very quick process. I had prior experience in large scale implementations so the timeline from phone to sitting at a desk was about 5 weeks. The most difficult and longest part was getting through HR. Once I got to the actual AM, it was much quicker and more accommodating. I didn't even both negotiating just to escape my hellish old job.

Interview Question – The entire "panel" part of the interview is a "how would you handle" scenario. Be prepared to cite examples   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just wanted to escape the hell hole of my previous job

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Partners HealthCare in February 2012.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews. Thorough, based on behavioral assessments. HR is difficult to reach, and it seemed like a very slow process, but ultimately I received an offer and things moved well after that.

Interview Question – No question was really difficult or unexpected. They wanted many examples of how you handle different situations and what solutions you were able to come up with as well as the outcomes of the described situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary and benefit package. There was some flexibility and I was happy with the counter offer I received when I refused the initial salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Partners HealthCare.

Interview Details – 2 rounds behavioral, standard questions, team player

Negotiation Details – Not much

Worked for Partners HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!