Partsmaster Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Partsmaster

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Partsmaster.

Referred to Partsmaster by a freind working for a different division of NCH.
    Had a short phone interview with a HR rep, then sent in resume. Had follow on phone interview with regional manager. About three weeks later had in person interview with head of HR. All interviews were very casual, but they do know how to check you out, so be prepared. Had a one day ride along in the field with a current salesrep to see what they do firsthand.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard. They asked about previuos cold calling experience and "hunter gatherer vs. farmer" prospecting   Answer Question
    I just took the offer without negotiating

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Partsmaster.

Phone interview asking about general work experience and then in-detail on sales experience, in-person interview in a conversational style about the job, what it entails, with a manager who will size you up. Be prepared to be enthusiastic and positive and competent and confident. Know something about sales, about the field and competitors. Knowing a little about maintenance is a plus.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have much ground to stand on in negotiations, so I took the generous offer they put on the table. I've heard others with more experience have got more.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Partsmaster in September 2012.

Found on Monster.com, interview set up quickly after. Very friendly staff, but kept asking how I felt about selling in an entrepreneurial environment. This suspicion would make me walk way later.

Interview Questions
    • None. Straightforward. It was more about my sales style.   Answer Question

The offer was ridiculous. The base salary was 24K a year going to full commission in 2 years. No cell phone reimbursement. No mileage reimbursement. This was a new untouched sales territory. The ramp up would be too much. The sales rep takes all the risk and wear on his own car. The company risks very little.