Party City

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – Interviewed by HR Mgr and DM. DM had his cell phone and was there for 40 seconds of my interview. Too busy to deal with the interview. Sat in the bck office. Store Manager was happy to have me on the tem!! the 7 other SM I went thru the next 4 years could really care less of team envolvement

Interview Question – Everything that you would expect...Do you like dressing up and do you like Halloween were the main focus.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2009.

Interview Details – Just have to do an interview usually with the Assistant Manager. They just ask general questions unless your interviewing for Halloween Season. Otherwise, they go off a questionaire. If applying for Management, you have to go through a drug test and a background check.

Interview Question – What have you done last Halloween and who where you. Do you like Halloween.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – 6 wk process, 5 interviews. 1st w/ recruiter. 2nd w/ dist. mgr. 3rd with HR. 4th with mgr. of neighboring dist. and 5th with national mgr. Was told on 4th interview I would have an offer as soon as they decided what district I would go to.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about any of the interviews. Text book interviews.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interview by the district manager. She seem very uninterested not really listening to my answers as if she knew she did not want to hire me. I was the one with the most energy in the interview. At the end of the interview she said she would call me whether or not i got the job. She never called. I called and left a message inquiring if i was still being considered for te position. She never reterned my call. Over all, im lucky to even recieve an interview.

Interview Question – Have you evern been paid salary before?   View Answers (2)

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in June 2009.

Interview Details – recieved a phone contact from the HR dept 2 days after applying online. They set up a phone interview for the very next day. They explained the position , pay , then asked me questions about past experience. HR dept set me up for a interview with district manager that very same week.

Had a great interview with the DM, lasted about 1 hour very laid back and not formal. I felt that i over dressed for the interview wearing a suit as the DM was very casual. We talked past experience and again it was very low pressured.

Dm informed me that I will need to do a second interview with the regional vice president which was set up a week later. Again very relaxed and no hard questions they just wanted to get to know me and then asked me how much I wanted. I gave a offer and he said he would contact me in a couple days if my background test turns up okay.

Offer came back higher then i asked , very pleased.

Interview Question – Actually no formal questions , it was very laid back. Asked about my experience but no difficult questions whatsover.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not low ball yourself, give them a range within 5K that you would be willing to work for, They actually offered me alot more then i asked for I was very pleased. They said they had no interest low balling me.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Party City in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was a fairly short process, I answered an ad online. I was interviewed once by The district and the store managers. It was a standard interview. They hired me off this one interview. No drug test was required but a background check was done.

Interview Question – Do you like Halloween?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in March 2012.

Interview Details – Played phone tag for about a week. My phone calls were returned during the times I had told the manager I would be working. Told to take the "simple" on line test. Was not warned that the test consisted of difficult math questions that needed the use of a calculator. Took the test and knew I did badly. No call from the contact I had been talking to. Thought it would have been polite to at least call and say I wasn't a good fit for the company. I have been working management for over 10 years. I have never experienced an "interview" process so difficult for this type of position. The manager gave me more information about his career with Party City than he ask for about my career.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were in the on line test.   Answer Question

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!