Party City

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Halloween Expert

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was incredibly quick. I applied online on a whim. Less than an hour later I got a call to schedule an interview for the very next day. The interview itself was very laid back and the manager was a really nice guy which took away from the nerves. A couple of questions were asked, mainly concerning my past with Halloween and about what I would do in certain situations like handling difficult people or of I encountered a task I couldn't do, etc. After about half and hour, I got offered the job.

Interview Question – If I encountered a customer who was in a bad mood and didn't know what costume to choose, how would I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Henderson, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – I initially went in and asked about how I can apply and one of the managers, very friendly, said that I had to apply online. So, I did, and afterwards I gave it a day or so and called in and mentioned it. They said they weren't interviewing yet so I waited a couple of days, and then went into the store and mentioned my name and that I had called and also submitted an application and they said they would call. The next day, they called and asked me when I was available and I told them asap, then I got the actual interview. The interview had been incredibly easy and I found that I stressed for no reason and it was an average length.

Interview Question – I don't recall any.   Answer Question

Halloween Expert

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in October 2010.

Interview Details – They hired me on the spot, without really asking me any interview questions. I applied online and they called me in a week.

Las Vegas, NV

Interview Details – Extremely easy. I was hired on the spot. Easy questions like what were you for Halloween last year, explain a time you went above and beyond for someone, stuff like that. It's more about availability throughout the season.

Interview Question – There really weren't any hard questions besides "how would you dress someone head to toe like a witch".   View Answer

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and easy. As soon as i applied, they called me the next day. The interview consisted of the General Manager telling me about the job and what they expect of the potential employee to do. The interview took about 30 minutes with just me and the GM talking about the job.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult interview question , everything was pretty much common sense questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation.

Tukwila, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was relatively quick, they just asked a few standard interview questions and then told me I'd be called in for a training day.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online snagajob.com on a day I was sick and got a call back a few days later. I am very new to interviewing but it was very basic, very brief, not hard at all. It was one on one with the manager. Casual. Got offered the job right then and there.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To be honest, this was my first job so I took what what was offered minimum wage.

Halloween Expert

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through allretailjobs.com and about a week later got a call to come in for the interview two days later. When I got to there I had to wait 20 minutes because the manager was still with another interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and he asked basic questions and he asked me if I had any questions. He then went on to tell me about the company and about himself and asked if I was still interested and said yes. He then told me that he saw something special in me and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – He told me the job would pay minimum wage and I did not negotiate with him since it is only a temporary job.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!