Party City

Updated Dec 17, 2014

1.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Applied on a Tuesday night and got a phone call on Wednesday to set an interview for Thursday.It was easy one question interview. I got hired on the spot and started working on Sunday.

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City.

They will usually take just about anyone as Halloween approaches because they just need bodies to fill the store. The earlier you get hired, the "better" the job because you will have had time to be trained on register. Usually they only have young girls work the register and the guys are in the back pulling/running costumes. Expect minimum wage and to basically be put on the floor to do nothing but clean for a few hours. They hire a lot for cleaning to avoid OT.

Interview was basically checking to make sure you look okay and can speak English.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

I got an application from the store and brought it to the open interview. There was a long line of people waiting to be interviewed. When it was my turn I walked to the manager's office where he asked me three questions. After the third question, he said I was unfit. He asked me what times I was available, and I told him in the afternoons, evenings, weekend, etc. (because I have school until 1). He said that wasn't enough. He was quite rude. This interview lasted for less than 5 mins. Overall, it was disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I filled out my application online over the summer and walked in the store the beginning of august but at that time they had not started prepping for the Halloween season yet so they told me to come back in at the beginning of September. During the second week of September I walked in again asking for a manager but she wasn't there but another manager said they were making calls that very week so I waited about a day or two and sure enough the call for an interview came. For the interview I wore dress shoes, dress pants, and a collard shirt with a tie. Walking in dressed up I was greeted by an employee and she asked me if I wanted to see a manager. Unfortunately the manager had just left but would be back shortly so they said to take my time and walk around the store and enjoy myself. Eventually the manager who wasn't doing the hiring took me to the back and was very nice and asked me to fill out an availability sheet. During that process employees would drift in and out and they were all having a great time. The hiring manager came in about five minutes after that and the interview started. She went on about what party city is about, their job, how they differentiate from other retail stores, and so on and so forth. She asked me three questions not in succession.
    1. What do you think good customer service is?
    2. Do you have any questions for me?
    3. Would you like to be a Halloween Sales Associate for Party City?

Interview Questions
    • Understand good customer service but be prepared for any other interview questions. I was surprised when I didn't get asked much else.   View Answer
    No negotiation, flat rate of $9.00 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmont, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmont, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I applied online. Process took 2 days. Got a call to come in at 11:30. I came pretty early around 10:49 because the way the buses run. The manager was so funny and cool. He asked me simple questions. The interview was a piece of cake. Just make sure to think before you talk and stay calm as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose this location? And why do you want to work at this location?   View Answer
    • What was you for halloween last year?   View Answer
    • What did you do for Halloween last year?   View Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied in person and was called about an hour later for an interview about a week away. The interview went well and the questions were relatively easy (mostly about availability). I was available any time after 9:30 and open on Saturdays and Sundays but wasn't available at all for an entire week during October but I was still offered a position.

No negotiation, minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massapequa, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massapequa, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City.

I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. It took about 5 minutes and was informal.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City.

My interview with Party City was probably the easiest interview I have done. Management was very friendly and questions were easy. My first interview was with the Assistant Manager, she simply read off through a list of questions that she had to write down my answer to. Questions included : Can you read a computer? Can you lift over 15lbs? What were you for Halloween last year? Then once this interview was over, I met the General Manager for my 2nd interview. Questions included: Name a time where you have provided excellent customer service? and so on..

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected "question" or situation for me was: " Here at Party City we try to dress characters from head to toe. As an associate try to dress a customer if they were to be a witch."   View Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

I applied, went in the following day to speak to the Hiring Manager and got the call for the interview the next day. Interview was very easy. Two managers were there. They asked basic interview questions: why do you want to work here? What would a previous employer/teacher say about you? etc. Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Quick, fast, and easy. Hired on the spot.

No negotiation