Party City

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in-person and I called back the next week. I was called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview with about 6 people. It was hard to come up with unique answers if you were the last person to talk. About a week later I was offered the position. After accepting and filling out the paperwork, it took about 3 weeks to be called in

Interview Question – There are questions asked about Halloween   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Massapequa, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. It took about 5 minutes and was informal.

Very Easy Interview

Halloween Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – My interview with Party City was probably the easiest interview I have done. Management was very friendly and questions were easy. My first interview was with the Assistant Manager, she simply read off through a list of questions that she had to write down my answer to. Questions included : Can you read a computer? Can you lift over 15lbs? What were you for Halloween last year? Then once this interview was over, I met the General Manager for my 2nd interview. Questions included: Name a time where you have provided excellent customer service? and so on..

Interview Question – The most unexpected "question" or situation for me was: " Here at Party City we try to dress characters from head to toe. As an associate try to dress a customer if they were to be a witch."   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Interview Details – Quick, fast, and easy. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Halloween Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – I applied during the Halloween season for a temporary position. I handed my application to a manager and was interviewed on the spot. It was pretty simple. I was asked if I knew how busy of a season it is for Party City and if I could handle the chaos. I received a phone call a few days later saying I had the job.

Interview Question – Could you handle the stress of the chaotic Halloween season?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bloomington, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

Interview Details – He asked if I had any after school activities and explained my responsibilities. Wasn't really an interview, more like a orientation.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!