Party City Halloween Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014

1.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

I applied, went in the following day to speak to the Hiring Manager and got the call for the interview the next day. Interview was very easy. Two managers were there. They asked basic interview questions: why do you want to work here? What would a previous employer/teacher say about you? etc. Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied in person and was called about an hour later for an interview about a week away. The interview went well and the questions were relatively easy (mostly about availability). I was available any time after 9:30 and open on Saturdays and Sundays but wasn't available at all for an entire week during October but I was still offered a position.

No negotiation, minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in July 2013.

Applied in-person and I called back the next week. I was called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview with about 6 people. It was hard to come up with unique answers if you were the last person to talk. About a week later I was offered the position. After accepting and filling out the paperwork, it took about 3 weeks to be called in

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Massapequa, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massapequa, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City.

I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. It took about 5 minutes and was informal.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

My interview with Party City was probably the easiest interview I have done. Management was very friendly and questions were easy. My first interview was with the Assistant Manager, she simply read off through a list of questions that she had to write down my answer to. Questions included : Can you read a computer? Can you lift over 15lbs? What were you for Halloween last year? Then once this interview was over, I met the General Manager for my 2nd interview. Questions included: Name a time where you have provided excellent customer service? and so on..

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected "question" or situation for me was: " Here at Party City we try to dress characters from head to toe. As an associate try to dress a customer if they were to be a witch."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Quick, fast, and easy. Hired on the spot.

No negotiation

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Party City.

I applied during the Halloween season for a temporary position. I handed my application to a manager and was interviewed on the spot. It was pretty simple. I was asked if I knew how busy of a season it is for Party City and if I could handle the chaos. I received a phone call a few days later saying I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Could you handle the stress of the chaotic Halloween season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

He asked if I had any after school activities and explained my responsibilities. Wasn't really an interview, more like a orientation.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!