Party City

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in-person and I called back the next week. I was called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview with about 6 people. It was hard to come up with unique answers if you were the last person to talk. About a week later I was offered the position. After accepting and filling out the paperwork, it took about 3 weeks to be called in

Interview Question – There are questions asked about Halloween   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Massapequa, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. It took about 5 minutes and was informal.

Very Easy Interview

Halloween Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – My interview with Party City was probably the easiest interview I have done. Management was very friendly and questions were easy. My first interview was with the Assistant Manager, she simply read off through a list of questions that she had to write down my answer to. Questions included : Can you read a computer? Can you lift over 15lbs? What were you for Halloween last year? Then once this interview was over, I met the General Manager for my 2nd interview. Questions included: Name a time where you have provided excellent customer service? and so on..

Interview Question – The most unexpected "question" or situation for me was: " Here at Party City we try to dress characters from head to toe. As an associate try to dress a customer if they were to be a witch."   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Interview Details – Quick, fast, and easy. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Halloween Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – I applied during the Halloween season for a temporary position. I handed my application to a manager and was interviewed on the spot. It was pretty simple. I was asked if I knew how busy of a season it is for Party City and if I could handle the chaos. I received a phone call a few days later saying I had the job.

Interview Question – Could you handle the stress of the chaotic Halloween season?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bloomington, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

Interview Details – He asked if I had any after school activities and explained my responsibilities. Wasn't really an interview, more like a orientation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Party City

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Party City Halloween Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Party City employees and interview candidates.