Party City Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

The manager was super friendly, and easy going. The interview went great, she asked me simple questions like "what does customer service mean to you?" I got the job on the spot. I start training next week.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Party City (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview process was very easy. they were having a job fair at the store and I filled out an app. then a manager called me to the back for an interview. He was very nice and the interview was short and easy. he asked simple question and he had a smile the whole time. I start training this week

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a very quick process as the position ends on November 15th. An online assessment is required but it's self explanatory and obvious what answers they're looking for. The interview was 10 minutes with an assistant manger, they called my references later that day and I was offered the job 2 days later. I came in the next day to fill out my paperwork and started a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customer service and/or ringing a register?
      Are you capable of standing on your feet for long hours, climbing a ladder, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs?

Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Party City (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and the process took a long time. This was my first time filling out a job application, but this was defintely longer than others. It included a personality section, and a part where I had to watch short clips and answer questions about the situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this job would be a good fir for you?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Party City (McDonough, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely short, since I wasn't advised on the fact that you have to be 18 minimum to work here. Keep in mind I am 16, so I couldn't get the job.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was supposed to be a 2 step process, but since I came to the interview hours early (thought I was supposed to be in at 10am not 1pm) the GM of the store interviewed me. We went into the office and he asked me a bunch of questions about myself and how I think a sales associate should act in certain situations. The interview was very relaxed and casual, not interrogating at all. Just be sure to smile a lot (my cheeks hurt afterwards) and you'll be set.

Interview Questions

• When you are preparing a party, what are the items you need?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

three interview process, first screened, then DM then RM. They make a lot of promises and sell the company really hard during this process. I was told the company had money to invest and really knew what they were doing. I was asked a lot of questions about my management style and my customer service style. They also asked me questions about what I knew about the company itself.

Interview Questions

• general management and customer service   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal job during the Halloween time. I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview was one on one with one of the managers in the back office. The interviewer was very nice, had me say some things about about, went over the required questions that they need to ask (would you be willing to...). I was told that I got the job before I left.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to wear costumes (during Halloween) while working?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a quick and easy Interview process, applied in store and got a call back the next day to meet with manager. After interview, was offered and accepted position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in working here? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

Recieved phone call from recruiter after two days of application on Monster. Interview was scheduled with DM the interview lasted two hours long where store manager also interviewed me providing positive info on company. Interview with HR regional was scheduled same day but for the next day. After the HR regional phone interview there was another interview scheduled with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions

• knowledge based questions about store and hr operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for salary match. Offered more.