Party City Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I went in to work for them via "OCearns.' They set up the interview. OCearns collected information on how the interview went. Initial feedback was that the employer was not honest.

Interview Questions

• If you were interviewing me, what is a question you would ask me?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

i received a call on Sunday and came in on Wednesday to have the interview, I was interviewed by the assistant manager who really appreciated me being early. it was really chill and it felt more like a conversation than a formal interview. She asked things like what i'd do if a customer needed help, what i would suggest to a customer to buy for a party other than plates, napkins and cups, and other questions about my availability

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you saw an employee taking an item without paying for it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Miami, FL).

Interview

Pretty simple, I went in and they asked me a few questions about my availability and why I thought I could do the job. The interview really was not that long at all. It was my first job so I had no experience, that may have contributed to my short answers but it worked out in the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I had seen a sign in the door that they were hiring for the upcoming Halloween season. I filled out an application in store and received a call to go in for an in-person interview. When I went in, they forgot that they scheduled me so the manager interviewed me in aisle 3 of the store.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience working in retail?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Party City (Hackettstown, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very nice .phone interview then in person.was friendly and asked straight forward questions .I felt comfortable and he answered all of my questions .said he would call back in 5 days tops to let us know who he picks

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

So there was a training manager there who basically called me in for an interview. I interviewed the next day and had my second interview immediately after that. I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What else would you recommend to add to someone's party?   1 Answer
    • Can you lift 30 lbs above your head.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

The manager was super friendly, and easy going. The interview went great, she asked me simple questions like "what does customer service mean to you?" I got the job on the spot. I start training next week.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview process was very easy. they were having a job fair at the store and I filled out an app. then a manager called me to the back for an interview. He was very nice and the interview was short and easy. he asked simple question and he had a smile the whole time. I start training this week

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a very quick process as the position ends on November 15th. An online assessment is required but it's self explanatory and obvious what answers they're looking for. The interview was 10 minutes with an assistant manger, they called my references later that day and I was offered the job 2 days later. I came in the next day to fill out my paperwork and started a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customer service and/or ringing a register? Are you capable of standing on your feet for long hours, climbing a ladder, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (McDonough, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely short, since I wasn't advised on the fact that you have to be 18 minimum to work here. Keep in mind I am 16, so I couldn't get the job.