Party City Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.9

Interview

Start out with a interview with the regional HR manager to see your interest in the company. Then would speak with one of the district managers to where you had interest in employment. After that would be placed into a store after hired and would work under the general manager to get trained for your position.

Interview Questions

• Halloween is their biggest season so would be asked your thoughts on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just tell them what your looking for the can work with you very well.

FT Team Lead Interview

Interview

Interview was simple. Party City is looking for "fun" employees who are perky and bubbly in the interview. If you try to be professional, the managers will think you have no personality and will be hesitant to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You take the job or you don't.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied during the Halloween season for a temporary position. I handed my application to a manager and was interviewed on the spot. It was pretty simple. I was asked if I knew how busy of a season it is for Party City and if I could handle the chaos. I received a phone call a few days later saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Could you handle the stress of the chaotic Halloween season?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Interview

was not interviewed because they need people immediately to work Halloween season.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City (Monrovia, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Did the online application. There was an assessment afterwards. It took me about 40 minutes to take it. Got a call a week after. The interview was fast. They asked to fill out a form with job history , references and work availability.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation possible.

Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Coral Springs, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

Soo EASY. They asked questions like can you lift 40 lbs. Are you able to use the POS system. Can you stand for long periods of time. Literally the easiest interview of my life. The managers are relaxed with the interview. It is not formal at all. I dressed to impress but i saw someone wearing jeans to the interview and they got hired!

Interview Questions

• Still not difficult but they like to know what you dressed up as for Halloween last year. Have fun with the answer and let them know that you went all out with make up accessories the whole bit. They want to see that you're fun and out going.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Applied online and got a interview 2 days later.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmont, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Elmont, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Process took 2 days. Got a call to come in at 11:30. I came pretty early around 10:49 because the way the buses run. The manager was so funny and cool. He asked me simple questions. The interview was a piece of cake. Just make sure to think before you talk and stay calm as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this location? And why do you want to work at this location?   1 Answer
    • What was you for halloween last year?   1 Answer
    • What did you do for Halloween last year?   1 Answer