Party City

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.0

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Applied on a Tuesday night and got a phone call on Wednesday to set an interview for Thursday.It was easy one question interview. I got hired on the spot and started working on Sunday.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in August 2014.

Filled out online application got a call the next week to come in for a interview after the interview i was hired on the spot.I was told to the uniform and when to arrive for my first day.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

The manager asked general questions about availability. He warned that the Halloween shifts can be very long when closing in order to recover the store when people are gone. He also made me aware that it can be stressful with a lot of customers all at once. He asked if it sounded like something I could enjoy or handle. Then he qualified previous work experiences I had and asked agan if I felt that it would be a fit.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. He verified that I would be able to withstand long hours on my feet as well as dealing with fast pace and high volume of customers that are in a hurry or anxious to find a certain item.   View Answer
    no negotiations for seasonal workers

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

I got an application from the store and brought it to the open interview. There was a long line of people waiting to be interviewed. When it was my turn I walked to the manager's office where he asked me three questions. After the third question, he said I was unfit. He asked me what times I was available, and I told him in the afternoons, evenings, weekend, etc. (because I have school until 1). He said that wasn't enough. He was quite rude. This interview lasted for less than 5 mins. Overall, it was disappointing.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

Quickest interview I've ever been on. I think that may be just because they needed to fill positions quickly for the Halloween season.Its probably more elaborate outside of the holiday season.Basic interview questions.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

Just got asked basic questions like do I have transportation ,am I available weekends .Can I do bending and ladders (you will be on one a lot). The manager really liked me and said I would fit right in with the group. I told a little bit about my previous employment background ,

Interview Questions
    • nothing I haven't been asked before .typicsl retail questions.   View Answer
    the pay to 50cents more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City.

They will usually take just about anyone as Halloween approaches because they just need bodies to fill the store. The earlier you get hired, the "better" the job because you will have had time to be trained on register. Usually they only have young girls work the register and the guys are in the back pulling/running costumes. Expect minimum wage and to basically be put on the floor to do nothing but clean for a few hours. They hire a lot for cleaning to avoid OT.

Interview was basically checking to make sure you look okay and can speak English.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four days later. Manager called me back and we set up a time for the interview. I got there about 10 minutes early and I was super nervous. The manager called me in and was super nice. The interview lasted about ten minutes. I didn't prepare as much as I should've but it didn't go as bad as I though it would.

Interview Questions
    • mostly basic questions, some situation questions, "What does good customer service mean to you
      ?"

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I applied online. A few days later, I got a call from one of the managers, for an interview a few days later. I got to the interview a few minutes early. One of the managers took me to the back room, noticed that I worked at a party city while in college for the past 2 years. He didn't ask me any questions, more like a conversation. The only questions I got asked were my avaliblity and if I would mind being on a latter. He told one of the other managers I was really outgoing and sweet and was going to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • What did I previously do while working at Party City?
      What was my favorite part?
      Do you mind going on a later?

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Started me at $8.50.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Party City.

I had a phone interview that went wonderful and was set up with the hiring DM. That interview went great and then was set up with my potential DM and Regional Manager. It started out okay until the questions turned into everything numbers and as if I were being interigated. The RM was mean mugging me the whole time as if I should be saying sorry for something I never did. It was the most difficult interview I have ever experienced. Maybe they should step back a realize that they are hiring a person not a robot. Or realize that I was applying for a GM not a DM.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the owner of your current employer, what 3 things would you change?   View Answer