Party City Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then was invited for an Interview. The Interview went very well, the interviewing manger was nice, asked me why I wanted to work at Party City, What character I was for Halloween the previous year. If I had ever been in a leadership position before. What were my strengths. How would you deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Party City   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

They asked me to come in early so I had to rush to get there. Once there, the interview went pretty well. The manager was friendly enough, and the whole experience was pretty casual. I could tell they were looking to fill positions for the season. I was actually hoping for part-time, but seasonal was okay.

Interview Questions

• What accessories would you suggest for a witch's costume?   1 Answer

Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

They ask you why you want to work there and how to put a costume together.Things of that natural it a very simple job that can be fun if you get along with your co worker . you going to have to watch so educational tutorials once you get hired and you learn to do everything in the store balloons cashier , stock all of it

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was supposed to be a 2 step process, but since I came to the interview hours early (thought I was supposed to be in at 10am not 1pm) the GM of the store interviewed me. We went into the office and he asked me a bunch of questions about myself and how I think a sales associate should act in certain situations. The interview was very relaxed and casual, not interrogating at all. Just be sure to smile a lot (my cheeks hurt afterwards) and you'll be set.

Interview Questions

• When you are preparing a party, what are the items you need?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Party City (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, talked to a manager and then scheduled a time for him to ask a few questions and review my applications. He was really desperate, only because corporate was down his back about big mistakes he already made. It was easy and is an easy job. They pay a low rate of 7.25 and only 25 cent raise after a year.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights?   1 Answer

Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City (San Juan, PR) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very short and concise. They mostly ask you questions about your previous job experiences. If you are applying for a customer service/cashier position it would help if you have experience in those fields. This position is all about the company's customers.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous jobs   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview about a week latter. It lasted less than 30 minutes and got told I would get a call latter that next week if I got the job. I got the call about 3 days latter and went to my first day that next Monday.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest I wear if I wanted to be a pirate for Halloween?   1 Answer
    • How would your past employers describe your attendance?   1 Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City (Silverdale, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

I turned in a paper application to the cashier. Sometime in August, I was called to set up an interview. The company was hiring about 30 seasonal employees, so the interviews were one after another. I showed up a few minutes early and let the cashier know that I was there for an interview. They sent me to the back office where I met with the general manager in his office where he asked me questions related to my personality and customer service knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Party City (Knoxville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Drawn out. He was very bossy, rude, and nosey. Kept asking personal questions. Only offered minimum wage. The interview was very rushed. He wouldn't give me time to think about my answers.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

three interview process, first screened, then DM then RM. They make a lot of promises and sell the company really hard during this process. I was told the company had money to invest and really knew what they were doing. I was asked a lot of questions about my management style and my customer service style. They also asked me questions about what I knew about the company itself.

Interview Questions

• general management and customer service   1 Answer