Party City Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal job during the Halloween time. I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview was one on one with one of the managers in the back office. The interviewer was very nice, had me say some things about about, went over the required questions that they need to ask (would you be willing to...). I was told that I got the job before I left.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to wear costumes (during Halloween) while working?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a quick and easy Interview process, applied in store and got a call back the next day to meet with manager. After interview, was offered and accepted position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in working here? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

Recieved phone call from recruiter after two days of application on Monster. Interview was scheduled with DM the interview lasted two hours long where store manager also interviewed me providing positive info on company. Interview with HR regional was scheduled same day but for the next day. After the HR regional phone interview there was another interview scheduled with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions

• knowledge based questions about store and hr operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for salary match. Offered more.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

I started off as a seasonal employee for halloween. I applied online in early october and received a call to schedule an interview the next day. I came in for a group interview the next day. there were about seven of us there. the next morning I got a call saying I got the job, and when to come in for my first training shift. the interview was easy, just questions about who you are as a person and they gave us example scenarios and asked what we would do in those situations.

Interview Questions

• was there ever a time when someone depended on you and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday night and got a phone call on Wednesday to set an interview for Thursday.It was easy one question interview. I got hired on the spot and started working on Sunday.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City (New York, NY).

Interview

They will usually take just about anyone as Halloween approaches because they just need bodies to fill the store. The earlier you get hired, the "better" the job because you will have had time to be trained on register. Usually they only have young girls work the register and the guys are in the back pulling/running costumes. Expect minimum wage and to basically be put on the floor to do nothing but clean for a few hours. They hire a lot for cleaning to avoid OT. Interview was basically checking to make sure you look okay and can speak English.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Party City (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I had a phone interview that went wonderful and was set up with the hiring DM. That interview went great and then was set up with my potential DM and Regional Manager. It started out okay until the questions turned into everything numbers and as if I were being interigated. The RM was mean mugging me the whole time as if I should be saying sorry for something I never did. It was the most difficult interview I have ever experienced. Maybe they should step back a realize that they are hiring a person not a robot. Or realize that I was applying for a GM not a DM.

Interview Questions

• If you were the owner of your current employer, what 3 things would you change?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four days later. Manager called me back and we set up a time for the interview. I got there about 10 minutes early and I was super nervous. The manager called me in and was super nice. The interview lasted about ten minutes. I didn't prepare as much as I should've but it didn't go as bad as I though it would.

Interview Questions

• mostly basic questions, some situation questions, "What does good customer service mean to you ?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Party City (Knoxville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Drawn out. He was very bossy, rude, and nosey. Kept asking personal questions. Only offered minimum wage. The interview was very rushed. He wouldn't give me time to think about my answers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Party City in October 2014.

Interview

I got an application from the store and brought it to the open interview. There was a long line of people waiting to be interviewed. When it was my turn I walked to the manager's office where he asked me three questions. After the third question, he said I was unfit. He asked me what times I was available, and I told him in the afternoons, evenings, weekend, etc. (because I have school until 1). He said that wasn't enough. He was quite rude. This interview lasted for less than 5 mins. Overall, it was disappointing.