Party City

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.0

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied in person and was called about an hour later for an interview about a week away. The interview went well and the questions were relatively easy (mostly about availability). I was available any time after 9:30 and open on Saturdays and Sundays but wasn't available at all for an entire week during October but I was still offered a position.

No negotiation, minimum wage

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in August 2014.

Filled out online application got a call the next week to come in for a interview after the interview i was hired on the spot.I was told to the uniform and when to arrive for my first day.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Party City.

Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   View Answer
    There was not one offer was what I requested.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Party City.

The process seemed similar to other companies; a telephone interview with recruiter, then personal interview with DM and then phone interview with RM, background check process. The DM interview was good and detailed, including a walk of the sales floor together.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was when asked about my weaknesses. It's always hard to define weaknesses in an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Party City.

You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation possible.

Seasonal Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City.

applied online,got a phone call three days later.interview with one of the managers was easy and relaxed.spoke about school,availability,experience.received a call two days later to come in a sign paper work.it was a seasonal job so they were basically looking for extra help for Halloween.

Interview Questions
    • none.mostly questions about availability and experience.   View Answer
    none

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City.

they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process

Stocker Interview

was not interviewed because they need people immediately to work Halloween season.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Party City.

Applied online and got a interview 2 days later.

Team Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City.

The interview was with the district manager and store manager. They let me ask the questions I wanted to know and judged me from that.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was asking me what I wanted to know. I wasn't prepared for this.   View Answer
    They offered me a wage that was lower than I wanted but close. They made it seem like it was decided with the regional manager so I couldn't really negotiate more.