Party City

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Party City.

Interviewed by HR Mgr and DM. DM had his cell phone and was there for 40 seconds of my interview. Too busy to deal with the interview. Sat in the bck office. Store Manager was happy to have me on the tem!! the 7 other SM I went thru the next 4 years could really care less of team envolvement

Interview Questions
    • Everything that you would expect...Do you like dressing up and do you like Halloween were the main focus.   Answer Question

Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City in October 2013.

I was initially contacted for an interview after filling out online application for a part time seasonal job. The interview was rather basic with the questions asked. At the end of the interview, I was asked to fill out my availability calender and told I would be contacted to schedule a pre-employment drug screen. After two days, I was contacted a submitted drug screen. Then, they contacted me and said they were going to make a schedule and I could start working within the next week. Then, they did not call for two weeks to finally schedule me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in October 2013.

Really basic, "Why do you want to work here?" "When are you available?" questions. With the seasonal stuff, I assume if they call, you've already got the job and they're just ironing out the details of when you're available and stuff.

Interview Questions
    • I think they asked what my weaknesses were but it's been a while so I'm not too terribly sure anymore   View Answer
    It was a part time seasonal sales associate position. There's not a lot to negotiate.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City.

My interview with Party City was probably the easiest interview I have done. Management was very friendly and questions were easy. My first interview was with the Assistant Manager, she simply read off through a list of questions that she had to write down my answer to. Questions included : Can you read a computer? Can you lift over 15lbs? What were you for Halloween last year? Then once this interview was over, I met the General Manager for my 2nd interview. Questions included: Name a time where you have provided excellent customer service? and so on..

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected "question" or situation for me was: " Here at Party City we try to dress characters from head to toe. As an associate try to dress a customer if they were to be a witch."   View Answer

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

I applied, went in the following day to speak to the Hiring Manager and got the call for the interview the next day. Interview was very easy. Two managers were there. They asked basic interview questions: why do you want to work here? What would a previous employer/teacher say about you? etc. Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

The interview was very awkward and you sit in a table located IN the sales floor, where customers can see you being interviewed as they shop around. The questions were so bland like, "Do you like helping people with parties?" and "How many times do you go out in a month?"
    I really did feel like the hiring manager was just throwing random questions at me and in the end, I got hired.
    After I got hired, in about... maybe, a week: I was called in to the break room where the new employees and I were made to watch a video about how the work area must be kept and how we can best help the customers. It contained a tutorial on lifting heavy items and heavy boxes, how to speak to customers without scaring them or making them feel uncomfortable, and how to clean up spills.
    The video was so old, it looked like it was made in the middle 80's

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time you had to take charge and supervise a certain amount of employees and if so, how did it go and what did you do?   Answer Question

Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Extremely easy. I was hired on the spot. Easy questions like what were you for Halloween last year, explain a time you went above and beyond for someone, stuff like that. It's more about availability throughout the season.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any hard questions besides "how would you dress someone head to toe like a witch".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Quick, fast, and easy. Hired on the spot.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The interview was very easy general questions, nothing complex.

Halloween Expert Interview

The hiring process was incredibly quick. I applied online on a whim. Less than an hour later I got a call to schedule an interview for the very next day. The interview itself was very laid back and the manager was a really nice guy which took away from the nerves. A couple of questions were asked, mainly concerning my past with Halloween and about what I would do in certain situations like handling difficult people or of I encountered a task I couldn't do, etc. After about half and hour, I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I encountered a customer who was in a bad mood and didn't know what costume to choose, how would I handle the situation?   Answer Question