Party City Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application got a call the next week to come in for a interview after the interview i was hired on the spot.I was told to the uniform and when to arrive for my first day.

Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

They ask you why you want to work there and how to put a costume together.Things of that natural it a very simple job that can be fun if you get along with your co worker . you going to have to watch so educational tutorials once you get hired and you learn to do everything in the store balloons cashier , stock all of it

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one offer was what I requested.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

The process seemed similar to other companies; a telephone interview with recruiter, then personal interview with DM and then phone interview with RM, background check process. The DM interview was good and detailed, including a walk of the sales floor together.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult for me was when asked about my weaknesses. It's always hard to define weaknesses in an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation possible.

Seasonal Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Party City (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

applied online,got a phone call three days later.interview with one of the managers was easy and relaxed.spoke about school,availability,experience.received a call two days later to come in a sign paper work.it was a seasonal job so they were basically looking for extra help for Halloween.

Interview Questions

• none.mostly questions about availability and experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Party City (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, talked to a manager and then scheduled a time for him to ask a few questions and review my applications. He was really desperate, only because corporate was down his back about big mistakes he already made. It was easy and is an easy job. They pay a low rate of 7.25 and only 25 cent raise after a year.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Party City in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview about a week latter. It lasted less than 30 minutes and got told I would get a call latter that next week if I got the job. I got the call about 3 days latter and went to my first day that next Monday.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest I wear if I wanted to be a pirate for Halloween?   1 Answer
    • How would your past employers describe your attendance?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Interview

was not interviewed because they need people immediately to work Halloween season.