Party City Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

The general manager called me in to do an interview and when I got there he greeted me at the door and took me to the back. He started with the basic questions that where on the application then started getting into the more complex things. He told me he had two more interviews to do and that he would call me. By that night he called me offering me the position and I went in the next day for paper work and training.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Cashier, Customer Service At Party City Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Royal Palm Beach, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application and the next day called the manger and was ask to come in for a interview like a hour later . I wore a tank top with white shorts and was offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are looking to work for party city I advise you to call the manger and show your face

Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

They ask you why you want to work there and how to put a costume together.Things of that natural it a very simple job that can be fun if you get along with your co worker . you going to have to watch so educational tutorials once you get hired and you learn to do everything in the store balloons cashier , stock all of it

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application got a call the next week to come in for a interview after the interview i was hired on the spot.I was told to the uniform and when to arrive for my first day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Kissimmee, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four weeks after.When the manager called back we set a date and time for the actual interview and, and when i went i showed up maybe a few minutes early, which was a big pointer for her, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes tops. I was nervous in the beginning but she was kind and helpful knowing it was my first interview.

Interview Questions

• none, the manager pretty much guided me through the whole interview, they were all basic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one offer was what I requested.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

The process seemed similar to other companies; a telephone interview with recruiter, then personal interview with DM and then phone interview with RM, background check process. The DM interview was good and detailed, including a walk of the sales floor together.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult for me was when asked about my weaknesses. It's always hard to define weaknesses in an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation possible.

Seasonal Halloween Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

applied online,got a phone call three days later.interview with one of the managers was easy and relaxed.spoke about school,availability,experience.received a call two days later to come in a sign paper work.it was a seasonal job so they were basically looking for extra help for Halloween.

Interview Questions

• none.mostly questions about availability and experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process