Party City

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Executive Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Party City

Interview Details – Start out with a interview with the regional HR manager to see your interest in the company. Then would speak with one of the district managers to where you had interest in employment. After that would be placed into a store after hired and would work under the general manager to get trained for your position.

Interview Question – Halloween is their biggest season so would be asked your thoughts on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just tell them what your looking for the can work with you very well.

Personalization Specialist Interview

Personalization Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Party City in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received call for interview with District Manager. However,the position at the location in ad was filled and I was interviewing for a different location. Interview lasted about forty minutes. Questions included: 1. How I would handle a sale, from start to finish. There are about 8-10 steps they want to hear about. 2.How did I handle a difficult situation. 3. How would I handle a bride and her difficult mother while taking an order for wedding invitations. Next interview was set with Human Resources Manager and took place about three weeks later. I traveled to a store about 40 minutes away and spoke about an hour to the HR Manager. Questions included: 1. Take me through a sale for a bridal shower, pretending I'm the bride.2. Are you interested in crafts and what are some websites you view for information? 3. Do you know what the current styles are for weddings and how do you keep up to date. A third interview was sent with the Training Director and this was a phone interview. It took about 40 minutes and some of the questions were similar to the previous ones. Additionally, I had to speak about my interests, how I would keep up to date with current trends, how would I up-sell, how would I deal with upper class customers.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected because I researched the company, the position and the people who would be interviewing me. I practiced questions and answers. I also prepared questions to ask.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – In the end, the location was too far away from my home, so the commute would have been horrible. Also, the wage offered was considerably less than I was asking, so the commute and lower wage made taking job a financial hardship. The Training Director did ask what I suggested for future candidates and of course, salary was the main point. Especially since these departments, in some of their stores, bring in over $100,000 per year. They do offer nice benefits and the schedule is a mid day schedule with regular days off and they are flexible when you need to change your schedule.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2009.

Interview Details – Just have to do an interview usually with the Assistant Manager. They just ask general questions unless your interviewing for Halloween Season. Otherwise, they go off a questionaire. If applying for Management, you have to go through a drug test and a background check.

Interview Question – What have you done last Halloween and who where you. Do you like Halloween.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Online Merchandiser Interview

Online Merchandiser

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – Through a temp agency

Interview Question – Do you mind taking direction?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No options.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews are rarely done during a time that is not Halloween. You come in and fill out an application during this time and 90% of anyone who can spell their name correct is called back for an interview. Hiring is done based on first come first serve. As long as you aren't a full time criminal you'll get the job as a Halloween temp and count on being let go the day after Halloween.

Interview Question – The questions in the interview are simple ones such as " can you lift a box of 30-35 lbs", or, " do you have a problem working on ladders?" Nothing technical is asked of you at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you either want the job or you dont.

Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Cashier, Customer Service
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

Interview Details – I handed in an application, waited a couple weeks, called for an interview. Once I showed up, I had to wait like an extra half hour over my time to start the interview. Mostly basic question like you'd see on an online questionnaire. Past employment, describe yourself in 3 words, and then I was asked to come back a couple days later in uniform to start job training.

Interview Question – Probably be 3 words other people would use to describe me. That's only because that's not something I'd normally think about and I also don't have a large selection of people to pull ideas from.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – 6 wk process, 5 interviews. 1st w/ recruiter. 2nd w/ dist. mgr. 3rd with HR. 4th with mgr. of neighboring dist. and 5th with national mgr. Was told on 4th interview I would have an offer as soon as they decided what district I would go to.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about any of the interviews. Text book interviews.   Answer Question

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Halloween Sales Associate
Bloomington, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

Interview Details – He asked if I had any after school activities and explained my responsibilities. Wasn't really an interview, more like a orientation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – Ask a buch of questions about lifting things and customer service

Interview Question – why should I hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none ( minimum wage)

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and in store. Got called a couple of weeks later. Got interviewed by a supervisor and then a manager. Started working within a week.

If applying during the halloween season getting hired should be a breeze.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a costumer stealing merchandise?   View Answer