Party City

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Halloween Part-time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

Applied online and received a call a month later, got a call and went to the interview didn't take long only 15 minutes. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what did I dress up for halloween last year and if you can work well with customers. Was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for party city?
      What did you do last halloween?
      Mainly questions about customer service

Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Party City in September 2014.

Did the online application. There was an assessment afterwards. It took me about 40 minutes to take it. Got a call a week after. The interview was fast. They asked to fill out a form with job history , references and work availability.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Party City in September 2013.

The interview was very awkward and you sit in a table located IN the sales floor, where customers can see you being interviewed as they shop around. The questions were so bland like, "Do you like helping people with parties?" and "How many times do you go out in a month?"
    I really did feel like the hiring manager was just throwing random questions at me and in the end, I got hired.
    After I got hired, in about... maybe, a week: I was called in to the break room where the new employees and I were made to watch a video about how the work area must be kept and how we can best help the customers. It contained a tutorial on lifting heavy items and heavy boxes, how to speak to customers without scaring them or making them feel uncomfortable, and how to clean up spills.
    The video was so old, it looked like it was made in the middle 80's

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time you had to take charge and supervise a certain amount of employees and if so, how did it go and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Submitted resume online, got a call to set up an interview. Got the job. The interview was like any other retail.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer who wanted you to do something out of store policy?   Answer Question