Party City Personalization Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Personalization Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Party City in March 2013.

Applied online. Received call for interview with District Manager. However,the position at the location in ad was filled and I was interviewing for a different location. Interview lasted about forty minutes. Questions included: 1. How I would handle a sale, from start to finish. There are about 8-10 steps they want to hear about. 2.How did I handle a difficult situation. 3. How would I handle a bride and her difficult mother while taking an order for wedding invitations. Next interview was set with Human Resources Manager and took place about three weeks later. I traveled to a store about 40 minutes away and spoke about an hour to the HR Manager. Questions included: 1. Take me through a sale for a bridal shower, pretending I'm the bride.2. Are you interested in crafts and what are some websites you view for information? 3. Do you know what the current styles are for weddings and how do you keep up to date. A third interview was sent with the Training Director and this was a phone interview. It took about 40 minutes and some of the questions were similar to the previous ones. Additionally, I had to speak about my interests, how I would keep up to date with current trends, how would I up-sell, how would I deal with upper class customers.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected because I researched the company, the position and the people who would be interviewing me. I practiced questions and answers. I also prepared questions to ask.   Answer Question

In the end, the location was too far away from my home, so the commute would have been horrible. Also, the wage offered was considerably less than I was asking, so the commute and lower wage made taking job a financial hardship. The Training Director did ask what I suggested for future candidates and of course, salary was the main point. Especially since these departments, in some of their stores, bring in over $100,000 per year. They do offer nice benefits and the schedule is a mid day schedule with regular days off and they are flexible when you need to change your schedule.