Party City Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gastonia, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2014.

I saw a now hiring sign on the door, walked in asked a cashier for an application, filled it out in store and turned it in the same day, i've had two previous jobs (subway and mcalister's deli) so i put those down, i also put i have excellent customer service and communication skills, i received a call about an hour later asking could i come in the next day for an interview (i was informed that it was going to be a group interview), i agreed (the interview was at 3pm) (it was myself and 3 girls) he started off with yes/no questions and then asked us questions like what would our previous employer say about us?, describe with customer service means to us etc. then he said he was going to talk to us 1on1 so i was second, he asked why should we hire you and not the others? my response was "bc i'm always reliable, i listed my skills, said that i look for a role model in my manager to teach me and eventually end up where they are and so on. i shook his hand and left and about two hours later received a job offer.

Interview Questions
a week off for christmas cruise, easy process.

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Party City in August 2014.

I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four weeks after.When the manager called back we set a date and time for the actual interview and, and when i went i showed up maybe a few minutes early, which was a big pointer for her, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes tops. I was nervous in the beginning but she was kind and helpful knowing it was my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • none, the manager pretty much guided me through the whole interview, they were all basic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

The interview was very awkward and you sit in a table located IN the sales floor, where customers can see you being interviewed as they shop around. The questions were so bland like, "Do you like helping people with parties?" and "How many times do you go out in a month?"
    I really did feel like the hiring manager was just throwing random questions at me and in the end, I got hired.
    After I got hired, in about... maybe, a week: I was called in to the break room where the new employees and I were made to watch a video about how the work area must be kept and how we can best help the customers. It contained a tutorial on lifting heavy items and heavy boxes, how to speak to customers without scaring them or making them feel uncomfortable, and how to clean up spills.
    The video was so old, it looked like it was made in the middle 80's

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time you had to take charge and supervise a certain amount of employees and if so, how did it go and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

The interview was very easy general questions, nothing complex.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mays Landing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Very laid back interview with manager and assistant manager. We ended up joking around about random stuff that had nothing to do with the interview. They hired me on the spot and i started orientation a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about your background. Asked if i hosted alot of parties, if i liked Halloween, how i dealt with stress and a busy store.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, $8.00 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Submitted resume online, got a call to set up an interview. Got the job. The interview was like any other retail.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer who wanted you to do something out of store policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Matteson, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Party City in July 2013.

I walked in and applied. I was told to come back in a few days for an interview. This was my first interview, so I was really nervous. The lady had to try to get answers out of me because I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't prep the night before.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is looking at birthday balloon, what do you do?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

I went in and filled out an application. They called me a week or so later, and set up an interview for the following day. I came in early, the assistant manager asked me a few basic questions. Was told to come in the next day to talk to the manager, he told me to come in the next day to start training.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City in June 2012.

I met with two managers, the first of which conducted the bulk of the interview, asked me the usual interview questions (sorta unscripted), and conversed with me a bit on the subject of each one after I gave my answers, and then read off a list of scripted, obligitory questions like could I physically do the job, etc. Then the other Mgr. came in, read from the list, to which I answered the same as before, then he left and several min. later came back to say they wanted me for the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any. I was expecting worse, and came prepared.   Answer Question
    There was none. I was careful to inform them of my desire to attain a full-time, 40hr/wk work schedule, through multiple part-time jobs if necessary, & they seemed to understand and accept what I was telling them. It really should not have come as a suprise when I eventually did just that, and informed them of my more limited availability, yet somehow they acted offended and unfairly burdened by the news, like my actions were in breach of some unspoken implicit contract wherein I would work <20 hrs a week but keep my availability each week entirely free and open to make their scheduling duties as convenient as possible, despite my informing them explicitly at the outset to the contrary. :-/

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Party City in May 2012.

My interview was with the General manager. He was very polite once I actually got to see him. The cashier called for him on their radio, and the cashier continued to check out people and told me to have a seat in Inscribe area. I sat their watching the customers and listening to the cashier. She glanced over at me and asked if anyone had come up to me in which I replied, "no." She got on the radio again, much louder, told them I was waiting for the past ten minutes. The general manager then came up and greeted me, the ushered me to the back, that was when I declined to do so because he did not apologize for keeping me waiting.

Interview Questions

The manager was not very courteous, I could not imagine working for a man like that, and can not imagine what the employees have to endure.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!