Party City

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in January 2011.

Interview Details – Simple evaluation questions, what you would do during this party situation(what you might need : inv, party favors, deco, table wear, servewear, candy, balloons, wearables, thank you's) and you love Halloween and or parties

Interview Question – Being asked if I meant to do something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a flat rate.

Very Easy Interview

Team Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – The interview was with the district manager and store manager. They let me ask the questions I wanted to know and judged me from that.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was asking me what I wanted to know. I wasn't prepared for this.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a wage that was lower than I wanted but close. They made it seem like it was decided with the regional manager so I couldn't really negotiate more.

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details – You will go through two interviews. The first will be with the store manager and assistant manager. Your second will be with the District Manager.

During the first interview they ask pretty basic questions. The store manager will ask the questions on the interview sheet, you'll answer all of the. Then they will get their assistant manager to basically ask similar questions and get a feel for your personality. After that they will wait a few days and have you come back in to interview with the District Manager. It could take many days for this to happen because depending on the location the District Manager could be in another state. After that they will submit you to a drug test. They they will have you come in a day to tour the store and get a feel for your position an then you will start work.

Interview Question – Name a difficult situation and/or task in which you were under a lot of stress and had to take on a leading role. Explain how you took the steps to complete the task and how was your outcome   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will try and downplay the hour rate that you want. Do not budge.

Team Lead

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was your basic questions. why do you want to work for comp.ny. why should we hire. asked about experience and so on.

Interview Question – I was aked if its better to serve the customer or sell to them   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating. human resources offers pay not person interviewing

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!