Party City Team Lead Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.2

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Party City.

Interview

The interview was with the district manager and store manager. They let me ask the questions I wanted to know and judged me from that.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was asking me what I wanted to know. I wasn't prepared for this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a wage that was lower than I wanted but close. They made it seem like it was decided with the regional manager so I couldn't really negotiate more.

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Party City (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

You will go through two interviews. The first will be with the store manager and assistant manager. Your second will be with the District Manager. During the first interview they ask pretty basic questions. The store manager will ask the questions on the interview sheet, you'll answer all of the. Then they will get their assistant manager to basically ask similar questions and get a feel for your personality. After that they will wait a few days and have you come back in to interview with the District Manager. It could take many days for this to happen because depending on the location the District Manager could be in another state. After that they will submit you to a drug test. They they will have you come in a day to tour the store and get a feel for your position an then you will start work.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and/or task in which you were under a lot of stress and had to take on a leading role. Explain how you took the steps to complete the task and how was your outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will try and downplay the hour rate that you want. Do not budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Party City (Akron, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple evaluation questions, what you would do during this party situation(what you might need : inv, party favors, deco, table wear, servewear, candy, balloons, wearables, thank you's) and you love Halloween and or parties

Interview Questions

• Being asked if I meant to do something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a flat rate.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Party City (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two interviews. First with the store manager and assistant store manager and the second with the district manager. The interview functioned like a reverse interview, where I was asking the questions. It felt more like a conversation (the interviewers did not take notes) which was a refreshing change of pace.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Party City in April 2011.

Interview

It was your basic questions. why do you want to work for comp.ny. why should we hire. asked about experience and so on.

Interview Questions

• I was aked if its better to serve the customer or sell to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiating. human resources offers pay not person interviewing