Pason Systems Interview Questions & Reviews in Canada

Updated Mar 4, 2014
3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Communicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pason Systems in April 2012.

Rhe hiring process was pretty simple. The interview was a two interview process. The interview with the manager I found out later was full of misrepresentations. If I knew what the situation really would have been like I wouldn't have taken the job. From not being honest about the management style to not being honest on the philosophy of the department, it created a rude awakening when the real behavior came out. It wasn't long (3 weeks) before I decided that this department was not a department I wanted to work in.

Interview Questions
    Touchy. A figure that was quoted in the interview was "changed" in the negotiation process and I did not get what I was hoping to get.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pason Systems in May 2010.

Performed a series of interviews both in person and phone. Technical interview included being asked to code a linked list using any language. Interviewers sat back and poked holes in design during the process.. .also commented on time. Wasn't sure if was trying to keep the pressure on or were legitimately not engaged. Was also requested to do a take home coding assignment which they said would take an hour or two but in reality was more like a 4-5 hour task.

Interview Questions

Salary was not what was expected and benefits were average at best. After going through such a lengthy interview would have expected more room for negotiation, but they would not budge on their offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pason Systems in March 2011.

Previous co-worker now working there recommended me to his boss. Emailed my resume to him and
    after long delay due to arranging panel of team members, received invitation for interview. The interview
    consisted of 3 sessions, first about 1 half hour with 2 managers, and the second about 1.5 hours with
    4 team members asking a long list of technical questions (basically a verbal exam). Final part of
    interview included follow-up with one of the managers and some further discussion on my suitability.
    About 6 days after the interview, I received a rejection indicating that I was over-qualified for the position
    they were trying to fill. My inside contact indicated that they felt they could not afford me, so did not even
    want to make an offer (as it would have been only about 2/3's of my previous salary).

Interview Questions
    • How would I maintain the desire to perform in the position when I was obviously
      more than qualified and looking for something more senior?
        Answer Question
    • Review the following source code (handed me a sheet) and identify and explain at least 6 issues in it.   Answer Question

Worked for Pason Systems? Contribute to the Community!