Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Pason Systems
- Software Engineer (2)
- Technical Communicator (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Senior Developer (1)
- Field Service Technician (1)
- Manager (1)
- International Field Technician (1)
- Field Instrumentation Tech (1)
- Modeling and Control Systems (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.
Initial phone call, then in person interview with discussion of a follow up. Got email for follow up that we retracted over night with no response to me email query.
- Very generic HR questions Answer Question
- No OfferNo Offer
Telephone interview. First introduce yourself, talk about your experience and skills. Sometimes you need to explicitly explain the techniques and skills you applied to the projects you did.
- What kinds skills you have Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.
This is a very professional company, they handled all the details allowing me to focus on the interview.
It started with a phone interview covering previous experience, education and workplace skills. Pason's HR did an excellent job of describing the position and what is required to be successful. They were happy with phone interview and arranged in-person interview within 2 weeks; taking care of every detail to fly me to Calgary. I found the experience to be professional, well planned and considerate of my comfort and convenience.
- Questions were well thought out, and dealt with all aspects of experience, skills, and behaviour. There were no real difficult questions for someone who answers honestly, the job requires long hours in remote areas. The questions related to someone's behaviour and work place safety in this type of environment. They were very informative and answered all questions posed to them. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.
Rhe hiring process was pretty simple. The interview was a two interview process. The interview with the manager I found out later was full of misrepresentations. If I knew what the situation really would have been like I wouldn't have taken the job. From not being honest about the management style to not being honest on the philosophy of the department, it created a rude awakening when the real behavior came out. It wasn't long (3 weeks) before I decided that this department was not a department I wanted to work in.
- What is your management style. 1 Answer
Touchy. A figure that was quoted in the interview was "changed" in the negotiation process and I did not get what I was hoping to get.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2011.
Previous co-worker now working there recommended me to his boss. Emailed my resume to him and
after long delay due to arranging panel of team members, received invitation for interview. The interview
consisted of 3 sessions, first about 1 half hour with 2 managers, and the second about 1.5 hours with
4 team members asking a long list of technical questions (basically a verbal exam). Final part of
interview included follow-up with one of the managers and some further discussion on my suitability.
About 6 days after the interview, I received a rejection indicating that I was over-qualified for the position
they were trying to fill. My inside contact indicated that they felt they could not afford me, so did not even
want to make an offer (as it would have been only about 2/3's of my previous salary).
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2010.
Performed a series of interviews both in person and phone. Technical interview included being asked to code a linked list using any language. Interviewers sat back and poked holes in design during the process.. .also commented on time. Wasn't sure if was trying to keep the pressure on or were legitimately not engaged. Was also requested to do a take home coding assignment which they said would take an hour or two but in reality was more like a 4-5 hour task.
- Code a linked list using any language you want. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Salary was not what was expected and benefits were average at best. After going through such a lengthy interview would have expected more room for negotiation, but they would not budge on their offer.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review