Pason Systems Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call, then in person interview with discussion of a follow up. Got email for follow up that we retracted over night with no response to me email query.

Interview Questions

Interview

Telephone interview. First introduce yourself, talk about your experience and skills. Sometimes you need to explicitly explain the techniques and skills you applied to the projects you did.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

This is a very professional company, they handled all the details allowing me to focus on the interview. It started with a phone interview covering previous experience, education and workplace skills. Pason's HR did an excellent job of describing the position and what is required to be successful. They were happy with phone interview and arranged in-person interview within 2 weeks; taking care of every detail to fly me to Calgary. I found the experience to be professional, well planned and considerate of my comfort and convenience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were well thought out, and dealt with all aspects of experience, skills, and behaviour. There were no real difficult questions for someone who answers honestly, the job requires long hours in remote areas. The questions related to someone's behaviour and work place safety in this type of environment. They were very informative and answered all questions posed to them.   Answer Question

Technical Communicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Rhe hiring process was pretty simple. The interview was a two interview process. The interview with the manager I found out later was full of misrepresentations. If I knew what the situation really would have been like I wouldn't have taken the job. From not being honest about the management style to not being honest on the philosophy of the department, it created a rude awakening when the real behavior came out. It wasn't long (3 weeks) before I decided that this department was not a department I wanted to work in.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Touchy. A figure that was quoted in the interview was "changed" in the negotiation process and I did not get what I was hoping to get.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

quick and painless, go to the point, didn't mix words. didn't use typical interview type q&a, just gave the straight goods and let you ask questions. It was refreshing to not be bombarded with strengths and weaknesses, and all the typical cliché interview questions.

Interview Questions

• no real questions, described job and asked if I would still want based on what they told me.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Previous co-worker now working there recommended me to his boss. Emailed my resume to him and after long delay due to arranging panel of team members, received invitation for interview. The interview consisted of 3 sessions, first about 1 half hour with 2 managers, and the second about 1.5 hours with 4 team members asking a long list of technical questions (basically a verbal exam). Final part of interview included follow-up with one of the managers and some further discussion on my suitability. About 6 days after the interview, I received a rejection indicating that I was over-qualified for the position they were trying to fill. My inside contact indicated that they felt they could not afford me, so did not even want to make an offer (as it would have been only about 2/3's of my previous salary).

Interview Questions

• How would I maintain the desire to perform in the position when I was obviously more than qualified and looking for something more senior?   Answer Question
    • Review the following source code (handed me a sheet) and identify and explain at least 6 issues in it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pason Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

Performed a series of interviews both in person and phone. Technical interview included being asked to code a linked list using any language. Interviewers sat back and poked holes in design during the process.. .also commented on time. Wasn't sure if was trying to keep the pressure on or were legitimately not engaged. Was also requested to do a take home coding assignment which they said would take an hour or two but in reality was more like a 4-5 hour task.

Interview Questions

Salary was not what was expected and benefits were average at best. After going through such a lengthy interview would have expected more room for negotiation, but they would not budge on their offer.