Patch

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.3

Local Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Patch.

It was a very casual but a thorough interview. Questions were generally about practical reporting skills such as "How would you go about covering a break-in at a local store? Who would you speak with? What is the most important information?" The company was a start-up expanding across the country very quickly. Later interviews became more detailed and included interviews with several different staff members.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with digital news coverage, creating photo galleries, taking videos.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patch.

I was hired as a contract worker, I had one phone interview and that was it, they were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What do business owners value the most?   View Answer
    No negotiation, it was through a temping acency

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

It was a quick process the team was positive when interviewing and I enjoy the conversation and honesty of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were a set of question to be required to ask I thought it was a good use of brain skills to come up with the answers for these questions.   Answer Question

Local Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Patch.

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with a manager. You may also have a peer interview and writing test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to juggle multiple responsibilities. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

I reached out to the regional editor by email and asked about the open position. She asked for a current copy of my resume and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The second interview wasn't really an interview, but a series of online tests that took four hours!   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Recruiters contacted me on LinkedIn. Interview process lasted a week. Really nice people that I talked to. Very efficient in getting the process done with. Interview with my manager was relaxed, talked a lot about me and what I wanted from the job and how it aligned with Patch, made small talk.

Interview Questions
    • There were some situation questions where I had to think on my toes. "Tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Local Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Patch.

Initial human resources phone interview, management interview with 3-4 people, writing test that takes several hours, behavioral interview over phone, interview with another local editor in the region.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Interview can be challenging if you aren't prepared, many "what would you do" or "how did you handle such and such" situational questions.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation, what they pay is what they pay.

RCLC Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Patch.

Replied to an ad on Craigslist, after which I was called into the office to interview. The interview was simple enough, and the people doing the hiring were pleasant and fun. Very little in the way of experience required, and I was told that same day that I'd gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected, the hiring process was relatively quick and painless. I got the feeling that most of the deliberation was done before I showed up, and the interview was a formality.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Initial phone call by recruiter then asked to come in. Very chaotic with little process and no structure.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Patch.

Interview process was great. I left and felt like I interviewed them too! There was a pre screening phone interview, in office interview which included 3 parts, and a follow up cultural assessment. the entire process was over the course of about a week. I liked the CA because it showed they care about the work environment.