Pathmark

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

1.2

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pathmark.

You apply online and they call you back in about a week or so if they like you. The customer service manager usually interviews you. This interview has a business casual dress code. They pretty basic questions and take down your availability and do a background check. If everything turns out good you'll get a call back telling you your first day.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Pathmark in July 2014.

Wasnt really an interview, just asked availability and why i didnt go to college. overall it was easy. just be yourself. i had two cashier jobs before so it helped me. just need to pass a back ground check

none

Overnight Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pathmark in June 2014.

Walked in for scheduled interview. 10 minutes early, waited 15 minutes. met with manager was hired in less then 10 minutes. That's were the problems started. The on boarding process is painfully long and team member not knowledgeable on system. Blamed all issues on system.

During Orientation, the team member performing orientation was leaving for vacation the next day. she out right told us that she was going to go over the information fast because she wanted to get out of work to get home early.

I was told A&P does not allow them to offer more than minimum wage.

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pathmark.

Called in for a interview, it was a very basic interview with basic interview questions and different scenarios about catching shoplifters. I waited for a week and they called me back with the job offer and to come in to fill out paper work. F.Y.I I didn't have any experience in LP but my interview went well and thy took a chance. Its a good company and a fun job if your into catching shoplifters. If you make any mistakes DO NOT hesitate to contact your boss. That will help you save your job in the long run.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was abut scenarios because i have never worked LP before.   View Answer
    no Negotiation they pay $13 per hour no raises. Great benefits. 6months in you get your benefits..

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pathmark.

the hiring process took about month i applied online in April and called the next day and after that i was called for an interview. took alil while to receive my email but it was worth it

Interview Questions
    • there were no unexpected questions i was only asked about my availability and i was hired on the spot it was a very easy process   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pathmark.

Simple interview with basic questions to see if I could do what they needed, pretty much took whoever they could get it. Fairly easy to complete and was pretty much hired on the spot just for saying yes to everything. Minimum wage!

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any talents? Like singing, dancing and if so can you do them?   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Pathmark in February 2014.

Filled out online application, got an interview almost immediately after. Basically a very quick process, not really a job you can be under qualified for regard less. My interview went well, the interviewer was kind and just asked basic questions. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What goals I was planning to accomplish next, and how the job would lead me to it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Bare minimum interview, customer service and skill related questions, no real depth to interview at all, quick 5 minute 'who are you?' basic interview. Be prepared to answer shallow questions with shallow answers, they know what they want to hear and if they dont hear it you will be dismissed.

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield Gardens, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield Gardens, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Pathmark.

Interview was very basic and easy.. It was more like a questionnaire of experience and availability rather than scenario questions.

Patmark Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pathmark in July 2012.

Asked me simple questions and I answered them. Easy interview. He asked stuff such as what brings you here? He also complimented my outfit because I wore a suit.

Interview Questions
    • If someone needs help, what do you do?   View Answer
    Nothing