Pathway Genomics Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pathway Genomics

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pathway Genomics in February 2012.

Original phone screening was pretty standard:
    They asked questions like, if you had a number between 1 and 1000 how many tries would it take to get it right, about MVC, and other patterns. They also asked about SDLC and other things relating to development (including code versioning/repositories) etc.

A few days later, the in-person interview:
    Receptionist was not so friendly. I tried to make small talk but she was more interested in playing with her cellphone.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview started:
      Asked highlevel development questions, what would you use an adapter pattern for, what different patterns do you have experience with, what function would you use for...etc.
        View Answer
    • Asked to solve two problems: Write a function that translates time to degrees on a circle, and solve an interview 2.0 problem.   Answer Question

They ultimately low-balled the offer.

Programmer-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pathway Genomics in May 2011.

Skills test before phone interview. Apparently did well enough to get phone interview. Did well enough to get group interviews.

Group interviews conducted by several panels of 2 to 5 people. Major focus on PHP programming principles. Stressed pretty strongly that it was a Linux shop. No Windows there.

Last panel was horrendous:

Consisted of two people, an older lady and a young man. The man was literally falling asleep during the interview process. At one point, he asked a question, nodded off, and while I was answering the question, the lady interrupted me to ask another question. When I asked her if she wanted me to finish answering the sleeping guy's question, she told me she thought I was done because I was rambling.

Most unprofessional interview I've ever been to or heard of.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate than all of our other candidates?   View Answer
    • How many tries would it take to successfully choose a randomly-picked number from between 1 and 1000?   View Answers (2)

Front End Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Pathway Genomics in August 2011.

Question: What is the difference between <b> and <strong>
    Question: Suppose we have a listnav and we want to do something when a user hovers around it, what would you do?
    Answer: I'd capture the onmouseover event...
    Question: To pick a number between 1 to 1000 how many trys would it take?
    Answer: I thought it had something to do with the big O notation of simple sort/traverse...

Interview Questions
    • To pick a number between 1 to 1000, how many trys would it take?   Answer Question

Worked for Pathway Genomics? Contribute to the Community!