Patient First

Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Service Representative Interview

Patient Service Representative
Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Patient First in February 2013.

Interview Details – -Applied online
-2-3 weeks later I received a 5 min. phone call
Then a
-40 minute phone interview
-40 in-person interview HR
Finally
-30 minute interview with manager.
Before the 40 min in-person interview with HR there is a spelling test, a small med. comprehensions test, and a typing test. They were all easy enough.

Interview Question – Mostly geared toward customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what the hourly pay was going to be during the phone interview. Didn't feel it was a good time to negotiate. The hourly pay is above average.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Patient Service Representative
Manassas, VA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Patient First in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially very impressed with the company. Received a call to schedule an appointment with the HR recruiter and attended the interview. It started by filling out information about references, doing an intelligence test (spelling, etc.) and then a 1-on-1 interview where we went over work history, skills, and work philosophy. The questions were in depth and the feel of the interview was very professional. He also went over pay (which was generous compared to what other small doctor's offices offer) and benefits. I was called back to a second interview at the location a couple days later and met with the office manager and the head nurse. They also asked me questions about work history, but the feel of the second interview was very informal and little unprofessional. The interview steered way off topic and was overly friendly (i.e. telling personal health stories). I was asked after that interview to come in and observe the position for an hour or two and then call back the next day to talk about how everything went with the office manager. At that point I believed I had been hired (the office manager and head nurse talked about scheduling and uniform requirements). So I came in to observe (for free on my own time) and called the office manager as instructed the next day. I had to leave a message and my call was never returned. I never heard from the company again. I reached out to the original HR recruiter to follow up two weeks later (and explained what had happened) and he replied with a very short, impersonal email stating the position was closed. I found that to be very unprofessional and at least expected a "no thank you" call from someone in the company. The whole process after the HR meeting seemed very mishandled.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model and why?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker or customer and explain how you solved it.   Answer Question

Worked for Patient First? Contribute to the Community!