Patient First Patient Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patient First (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out the app online. The very next day human resources set me am over the phone interview and an in person interview at the administrative office. Phone interview was maybe 35 mins and the on person interview was 2 days later. I wouldn't of called it an interview just describing the training in more detail. Took an extremely easy spelling test and other paper about your knowledge about insurances. This does not determine your hiring, it just show what type of training you'll need. A week later after the interview I found out they gave the position to the internal candidate. The human resources man was very polite and helpful. He ended up sending my information to another hiring patient first location. 2 weeks after him sending my information off, I finally got scheduled an interview with the manager of the location with her assistant sitting in on the interview as well. More interview questions slightly more than the telephone interview questions. They're basically looking for someone that is extremely customer service orientated. Don't know if I have the job yet because I just left the interview and they said wether I get it of not, they'll make sure to contact me by Wednesday. I'm putting that the interview is difficult only because I went on 3 interviews in total for this job, and all 3 interviews asked different questions. And I'm putting yes because Hope I have the job :)

Interview Questions

• Q: who's your rolemodel an why Q: how would you deal with a ln angry customer Q:why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Patient First

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patient First in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a brief phone call about 4-5 days later to schedule a phone and in person interview. The phone interview was 40 minutes and had detailed questions geared towards customer service. Then the in person interview was brief, it included a small spelling test and health care information test (very simple). Then i met with the same person who interviewed me over the phone and we went over some basic things about my career and future goals. After that i got a call the next day from the hiring manager for the location i applied to and he was very vague in his interview. He skipped questions and made notes and showed lots of interest in hiring me. Then he said he'd call me if not the next Tuesday then Friday (christmas was in between). Today is Friday and i haven't received any information from him. I find that to be extremely rude as i had to take off work to schedule both in person interviews. A courtesy call or email would have sufficed. I dislike how they made me wait a week just to find out they don't even care to call back. So much for him talking about "i highly value customer service". Well this isn't good ethics so i wonder what he considers customer service. He said he really appreciated the fact that i was a healthcare major and had previous experience managing money. However, at this point i really don't care any more. I wouldn't want to work for a company with such ethics. Waste of my time. I think he hired someone who he must have known because i know my credentials were above the requirements. I am almost done with my bachelors in healthcare administration and have good experience with customer service. However, the girl sitting at the front desk had zero college experience and didn't even know how to deal with customers (I had to shadow her for about 20 minutes prior to my interview). Overall, this was a waste of my time. After my interview was over i asked him some tough questions which he didn't expect from me like the company culture, his expectations for this position and what they were looking for. He was happy about that at the time but now I'm thinking he probably realized i knew more than enough for this position. Smh. Again, big waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Patient First? Why do you think youre a good candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patient First (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Fill out app & await a phone call from recruiter , get called in to do a simple written test it's based on medical knowledge && spelling things you should already know & then they do a computer text 60 seconds to type I gues they're looking for typing errors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Patient First (Laurel, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

-Applied online -2-3 weeks later I received a 5 min. phone call Then a -40 minute phone interview Followed by -40 in-person interview HR Finally -30 minute interview with manager. Before the 40 min in-person interview with HR there is a spelling test, a small med. comprehensions test, and a typing test. They were all easy enough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me what the hourly pay was going to be during the phone interview. Didn't feel it was a good time to negotiate. The hourly pay is above average.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Patient First (Manassas, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was initially very impressed with the company. Received a call to schedule an appointment with the HR recruiter and attended the interview. It started by filling out information about references, doing an intelligence test (spelling, etc.) and then a 1-on-1 interview where we went over work history, skills, and work philosophy. The questions were in depth and the feel of the interview was very professional. He also went over pay (which was generous compared to what other small doctor's offices offer) and benefits. I was called back to a second interview at the location a couple days later and met with the office manager and the head nurse. They also asked me questions about work history, but the feel of the second interview was very informal and little unprofessional. The interview steered way off topic and was overly friendly (i.e. telling personal health stories). I was asked after that interview to come in and observe the position for an hour or two and then call back the next day to talk about how everything went with the office manager. At that point I believed I had been hired (the office manager and head nurse talked about scheduling and uniform requirements). So I came in to observe (for free on my own time) and called the office manager as instructed the next day. I had to leave a message and my call was never returned. I never heard from the company again. I reached out to the original HR recruiter to follow up two weeks later (and explained what had happened) and he replied with a very short, impersonal email stating the position was closed. I found that to be very unprofessional and at least expected a "no thank you" call from someone in the company. The whole process after the HR meeting seemed very mishandled.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker or customer and explain how you solved it.   Answer Question