Patni Computer Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.1

Software Specialist Interview

Interview

Neutral with quick turn around. Took around 1 to 2 weeks from interview. 2 rounds of technical. One Sr. management and one HR. More discussion on leading capability and some on development.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Baldwin Park, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I sent them an email thro a job website. Interestingly, they responded within a day or 2. The interview was setup in the next 2 days giving me very less time to prepare. However, with my past experience I was able to knock their socks off. The interview was fairly technical since it was with a Technology expert. Of course I was not able to answer some questions. But they understood that my skills were slightly differnet. I was able to answer everything from that side. I also had an interview with their client where they wre to place me. It all went well.

Interview Questions

• While unit testing your software, if you see the error - 'there is no line at position 0', how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stick to your numbers if you think you've done a good job with the test. Remember they're an Indian IT company. So you can't ask for too much either. with 5 years of experience about 70k and 2 k with every year thereafter is what I would expect Make sure you confirm that they will pay for relocation, temporary accomodation and travel expenses - WITH NO CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

2 Telephonic interview 1) technical discussion with few logical puzzles. 2) managerial round from patni office but on call. 3) HR discussion multiple time as I wanted base location as a Pune.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Delhi (India)).

Interview

I was hired through campus placement. I felt the interview was fairly relaxed and easy. There were some questions on my prior experience.

Negotiation

Salaries in Patni were not very competitive. That's one of the reasons why it had a very high attrition rate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

It was a campus recruitment. First we needed to go through an aptitude test followed by a Group Discussion (GD). In GD we were given a topic and we needed to discuss and and find an answer to the specific situation. Those who got through this phase were called for the interview. The interview was simple, some situational questions and some puzzles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job, campus recruitment, so no negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Written test consisted of Quant and reasoning. Also, there was one english proficiency test. the written test is somewhat is average, a person who has completed the RS Agarwal book can crack the written test comfortably. Then there comes the Technical Interview which revolves around your technology interest and would suggest you to dig down in your domain hence it would be easier for you to clear this interview. HR is ok .

Interview Questions

• Applicant should be very thorough in his/her domain as the interviewer is after all experienced person. Don't bluf them, if you don't know the answer straight way say no.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

i had two technical rounds with two different managers.they had asked mostly my domain network basics...and real time situations -how will i tackle particular circumstance.....what will be steps will i take to handle particular scenario during stress time...how will i handle pressure in given scenario....and 1 sr manager hr round

Interview Questions

• if ur manager is not satisfied with team task; how will you handle it and convincve your manager if u were team lead?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didnt negotiate

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Average - not at all great

better offers and companies in the market

Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Mumbai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Aptitude Test

Not got gud result

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend for the interview, and meet the Head of the business... One of the best part of the process was that it was quick and efficient even at senior positions I was judged fairly based on my experience, and more imprisonment on my capabilities and potential to do the job rather