Patni Computer Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – i was contacted by a third party recruiter.
I was accommodated very well. And the interview process was good

Interview Question – No difficult questions. There were queries on C , then discussion on projects   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Fresher Interview

Fresher
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Aptitude Test

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not got gud result

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in March 2009.

Interview Details – Some representatives from Patni visited our campus for recruitment. Started of with the presentation highlighting company achievements and the 2/3 year bond terms and conditions. This is then followed by an aptitude test. The short listed candidates are communicated to the college authorities. The presentation was very standard and team didn't look quite excited. The short listed candidates have to go to the company campus for a 1:1 interview. Before the interview we are asked to write a letter on a given topic. After this the process gets a little disorganized with a long list of students waiting to be interviewed. My turn came after 4 hours and I was fed up of being nervous by this time. The interview was pretty simple. Very basic technical questions being asked considering the fact that we are being hired as freshers. They were mainly looking for confidence and decent communication skills.

Interview Questions

• A basic table structure of employee and dept with the the potential primary keys involved.   View Answer
  • If you have a senior person who is working under you how will you handle the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The compensation was not negotiable with standard salary being offered to all the freshers

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – Rememer to take contact of person contactable after Interview and Continuously follow up with e-mails and phone calls else you might never hear back unless the position is very urgent and critical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – One may not have any big choice except salary as you will be said the company has some grids blah blah blah !!! which is just fooling the candidate. Just try upon your luck. Study market before quoting.

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked very little technical stuff. No coding related questions. But more of the what would you do in so and so scenario. There were two interviews; technical and HR.

Interview Questions

• If you are reported a production problem, how would you go about soliving the problem on a priority bases?   Answer Question
  • What is most difficult problem you faced in your previous job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 48-50 hrs a week working hours and travel on a short notice

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR about technologies, Attended one to one interview which happened for 35 minutes, and then got inside next HR round, discussion about last project and company and other HR related stuffs, then salary discussions and possible date of joining. Finally got an offer.

Interview Question – Hibernate Mappings   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Average - not at all great

Reason for Declining – better offers and companies in the market

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in December 2010.

Interview Details – - Got call from Patni for post Sr. Software Engineer.
- Scheduled telephonic interview, Took 45 min. in call
mostly asked technical questions, 1 problem solving (logical puzzle ) question.
- in 2 days got call for 1:1 manager round from Patni Bangalore office.
- mostly asked process related questions in manager round.
- got HR call same day.

Interview Question – You are given 8 identical-looking balls, one of which is heavier than the other 7 (all of which weigh the same). Using an old-fashioned mechanical set of scales you must identify the heavier ball using the scale as few times as possible. The scale is constructed using two bowls and an arm enabling the bowls to either balance or have one bowl rising while the other (and heavier bowl) falling. You can't just add one ball at a time thinking its one weighing, however, you may put any number of balls in each bowl.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Good enough and drilled to the max of tech Quo as well as Personality

Interview Question – Explain the most difficult task you have undertaken???   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer comparatively less than their peers & quite nasty in negotiation...

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Two interviews :
First interview : purely technical .
Second interview :
everything : technical + functional + academic + personality etc. etc. (whatever you can think of)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not get a chance to negotiate. They directly sent me the offer letter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Patni Computer Systems