Patni Computer Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in December 2010.

- Got call from Patni for post Sr. Software Engineer.
    - Scheduled telephonic interview, Took 45 min. in call
    mostly asked technical questions, 1 problem solving (logical puzzle ) question.
    - in 2 days got call for 1:1 manager round from Patni Bangalore office.
    - mostly asked process related questions in manager round.
    - got HR call same day.

Interview Questions
    • You are given 8 identical-looking balls, one of which is heavier than the other 7 (all of which weigh the same). Using an old-fashioned mechanical set of scales you must identify the heavier ball using the scale as few times as possible. The scale is constructed using two bowls and an arm enabling the bowls to either balance or have one bowl rising while the other (and heavier bowl) falling. You can't just add one ball at a time thinking its one weighing, however, you may put any number of balls in each bowl.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in November 2010.

The Interview that I faced was challenging and it was an HR cum technical interview. They ask you questions mostly based on your final year project and since my branch was Electronics and telecomm., I was questioned on some subjects like microprocessors and microcontrollers. An unexpected question that I faced was, 'How would you implement your final yr project in a business model?' which stumped me but I managed to give him a satisfactory answer. And I was finally selected by them. They took 121 candidates from 2700 people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement your final year project in a business model?   Answer Question
    The best Company for Electronics and Telecomm. engineers like me. Ample scope for growth.

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

Telephonic technical interview as I was not available for the week-end drive.
    Face to face Second technical + HR round

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

I was asked very little technical stuff. No coding related questions. But more of the what would you do in so and so scenario. There were two interviews; technical and HR.

Interview Questions
    • If you are reported a production problem, how would you go about soliving the problem on a priority bases?   Answer Question
    • What is most difficult problem you faced in your previous job?   Answer Question

48-50 hrs a week working hours and travel on a short notice

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

Rememer to take contact of person contactable after Interview and Continuously follow up with e-mails and phone calls else you might never hear back unless the position is very urgent and critical.

Interview Questions
    • work upon your interview skills. this is your career ...   Answer Question
    • work upon your technical skills. this is your career ...   Answer Question
    One may not have any big choice except salary as you will be said the company has some grids blah blah blah !!! which is just fooling the candidate. Just try upon your luck. Study market before quoting.

Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

I had a Phone and 1-1 interview. Phone interview was basically about skills used in my project and basic technical questions about the technologies mentioned in my resume. If you are good with ur basics, u wil be able to clear the phone screen. 1-1 is simpler than phone. it was interview with the clients. Basically abt the projects and nothing in detail abt technology. This is again for this particular client position I was interviwed for. It might vary for other client positions. Not sure.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions related to technology that was mentioned in my resume but not required for tht position. that was surprising.   Answer Question

Nothing wrong with tht offer, but I was held up with something else, so could not accept that job.

Release Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

i got a call from oracle India Bangalore it was telephonic round with resource manger it was quite process oriented round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in July 2010.

it was easy

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in July 2010.

i was contacted by a third party recruiter.
    I was accommodated very well. And the interview process was good

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. There were queries on C , then discussion on projects   View Answer

Mainframe Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2010.

It basically depends on the interviewer who interviews you and the urgecy of the position, for which you are being interviewed and also your previous employer.
    The guy who questioned me was pretty cool and the interview also was carried on very smoothly, with out many in-depth questions. I felt like, there was huge and urgent requirement with the project, which this interview is meant for. He asked some basics and my first Technical Round was completed within 15 minutes. And i was pretty confident that, i will be selected for the next round, with the way i answered him.

Then i had to wait 4 long hours for my next round. That was the PM round and he again talked about my stuff, previous project and to my surprise he started negotiating my salary, which i quoted in the form and he finalised it to 5 lakhs, my current salary being 3.8 (working with TechMahindra with an exp of 3 yrs).

I thought I will have another round of HR interview, where i thought of discussing about my package.
    But they have sent me the offer directly without HR interview the next day.

I was expecting 5.5, which i think i am worth of