Patni Computer Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in March 2009.

Some representatives from Patni visited our campus for recruitment. Started of with the presentation highlighting company achievements and the 2/3 year bond terms and conditions. This is then followed by an aptitude test. The short listed candidates are communicated to the college authorities. The presentation was very standard and team didn't look quite excited. The short listed candidates have to go to the company campus for a 1:1 interview. Before the interview we are asked to write a letter on a given topic. After this the process gets a little disorganized with a long list of students waiting to be interviewed. My turn came after 4 hours and I was fed up of being nervous by this time. The interview was pretty simple. Very basic technical questions being asked considering the fact that we are being hired as freshers. They were mainly looking for confidence and decent communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • A basic table structure of employee and dept with the the potential primary keys involved.   View Answer
    • If you have a senior person who is working under you how will you handle the situation.   View Answer
    The compensation was not negotiable with standard salary being offered to all the freshers

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in December 2008.

Initially I was contacted by a head hunter, where there was a 2 step face to face interview. I was asked to undergo a personality test, and was also briefed about the opportunity. Quite a detailed brief was given. The role was to sell software services for one vertical that the company was expnading its services in.
    Next I had a telephone interview with the business unit head. He was very clear that he was looking for somebody who had sold to very large organisations. he wanted somebody who could bring the internal team together to present a compelling solution to the prospect. He was open about his expectations

Interview Questions
    • How do you make a sale from scratch, for a $3 million+ annual outsourcing deal?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2008.

The interview consisted of 3 rounds.
    The first round was an aptitude round. People clearing this round made to second round which was Group discussion.
    After passing through the GD the next round was personal interview. The round was a combined Technical + HR round.

Interview Questions
    • How can you use cyclomatic complexity to determine the testing strategy?   View Answer
    I had attended the interview as fresher so there was scope of any negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2008.

The interview process included even the clients interviewing me to find out if I am a suitable candidate

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate much

Software Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in February 2008.

2 hours of interview - 1 hour from HR and 1 hour from project manager. Most questions were about previous experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

The interview started with discussion on the final year project I did during my BTech. They asked me why I used java why not cpp. Some more question on Core java. Tested on my knowledge on SQL.

Interview Questions
    • They had given a senario and asked me is this a valid senario to fit in my final year project. If so why and how.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

Detailed technical interview around various Microsoft Technologies. Lasted over 1 hour. Followed by this was routine HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

Recruitment Process (Filtration at every stage) - For every 100 people who attended the drive
    For example, 100 people attended the drive.
    - Entrance Test : Aptitude/GK (100% attended, 40% selected) ---- 150, 60
    - Group Discussion (100% attended, ~50% selected) ---- 60, 32
    - Personal Interview (100% attended, ~25% selected) --- 32, 9
    In this case, 9 people were selected. However, this can vary based on time of hiring, class size, college, company, requirements and so on

Interview Questions
    • If you had to design manhole covers for a local municipal corporation, what shape & material would you make them, and why?   Answer Question
    • Your prediction - Open source vs. proprietary technologies. What would be the trend in the future, and what is the reason for their success?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

There was an IQ/aptitude which consisted basic math/arithmetic,probability,percentage questions.after which there was a group discussion round. which lasted for 20 minutes.After that there was an 1:1 interview. It consisted both technical and HR questions. Basic Hr questions like tell em about your self,likes,hobbies ,extracurricular .Then technical consisted write code/algorithm for finding GCD, logic was important not language.Some questions about the course which I took during engineering.

Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

Interview consisted of written test,GD and combined HR+technical interview

Interview Questions
    • details about the graduations project after 5 years of work ex.   Answer Question