Patni Computer Systems

Patni Computer Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin Park, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

I sent them an email thro a job website. Interestingly, they responded within a day or 2. The interview was setup in the next 2 days giving me very less time to prepare. However, with my past experience I was able to knock their socks off. The interview was fairly technical since it was with a Technology expert. Of course I was not able to answer some questions. But they understood that my skills were slightly differnet. I was able to answer everything from that side. I also had an interview with their client where they wre to place me. It all went well.

Interview Questions
  • While unit testing your software, if you see the error - 'there is no line at position 0', how would you proceed?   Answer Question
Stick to your numbers if you think you've done a good job with the test.
Remember they're an Indian IT company. So you can't ask for too much either. with 5 years of experience about 70k and 2 k with every year thereafter is what I would expect
Make sure you confirm that they will pay for relocation, temporary accomodation and travel expenses - WITH NO CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED.

Other Interview Reviews for Patni Computer Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2013.

Scheduled phone screen with enterprise architect and product development manager. Asked a lot of questions staring with "tell us about yourself". questions about skills in the resume. MS products knowledge a must. support answers with examples.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in February 2011.

Got a call from HR about technologies, Attended one to one interview which happened for 35 minutes, and then got inside next HR round, discussion about last project and company and other HR related stuffs, then salary discussions and possible date of joining. Finally got an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in December 2010.

- Got call from Patni for post Sr. Software Engineer.
    - Scheduled telephonic interview, Took 45 min. in call
    mostly asked technical questions, 1 problem solving (logical puzzle ) question.
    - in 2 days got call for 1:1 manager round from Patni Bangalore office.
    - mostly asked process related questions in manager round.
    - got HR call same day.

Interview Questions
    • You are given 8 identical-looking balls, one of which is heavier than the other 7 (all of which weigh the same). Using an old-fashioned mechanical set of scales you must identify the heavier ball using the scale as few times as possible. The scale is constructed using two bowls and an arm enabling the bowls to either balance or have one bowl rising while the other (and heavier bowl) falling. You can't just add one ball at a time thinking its one weighing, however, you may put any number of balls in each bowl.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in August 2010.

Rememer to take contact of person contactable after Interview and Continuously follow up with e-mails and phone calls else you might never hear back unless the position is very urgent and critical.

Interview Questions
    • work upon your interview skills. this is your career ...   Answer Question
    • work upon your technical skills. this is your career ...   Answer Question
    One may not have any big choice except salary as you will be said the company has some grids blah blah blah !!! which is just fooling the candidate. Just try upon your luck. Study market before quoting.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in July 2010.

it was easy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2009.

Two interviews :
    First interview : purely technical .
    Second interview :
    everything : technical + functional + academic + personality etc. etc. (whatever you can think of)

Interview Questions
    Did not get a chance to negotiate. They directly sent me the offer letter.