Patni Computer Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems.

It was a campus recruitment. First we needed to go through an aptitude test followed by a Group Discussion (GD). In GD we were given a topic and we needed to discuss and and find an answer to the specific situation. Those who got through this phase were called for the interview. The interview was simple, some situational questions and some puzzles.

Interview Questions
It was my first job, campus recruitment, so no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Patni Computer Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in May 2010.

1> apptitude test: average apptitude and english questions
    2> technical interview: basics-loops and database questions
    3> HR

Interview Questions
    • interviewer asked Computer Organization subject related question like: parallel programming etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, for freshers its fixed.

Software Engineer Interview

Written test consisted of Quant and reasoning. Also, there was one english proficiency test.
    the written test is somewhat is average, a person who has completed the RS Agarwal book can crack the written test comfortably. Then there comes the Technical Interview which revolves around your technology interest and would suggest you to dig down in your domain hence it would be easier for you to clear this interview. HR is ok .

Interview Questions
    • Applicant should be very thorough in his/her domain as the interviewer is after all experienced person. Don't bluf them, if you don't know the answer straight way say no.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in March 2010.

Had three rounds wherein first round was aptitude round followed by Technical interview and HR interview.

Had 60 questions with negative marking. For each wrong answer it was -.25

Technical round was based on the project that i had done in my engineering.
    The interviewer went in-depth of the concepts behind the project.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer had good knowledge due to which i faced difficulty in answering him on technical questions asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

The interview started with discussion on the final year project I did during my BTech. They asked me why I used java why not cpp. Some more question on Core java. Tested on my knowledge on SQL.

Interview Questions
    • They had given a senario and asked me is this a valid senario to fit in my final year project. If so why and how.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in July 2010.

i was contacted by a third party recruiter.
    I was accommodated very well. And the interview process was good

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. There were queries on C , then discussion on projects   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in June 2009.

Good enough and drilled to the max of tech Quo as well as Personality

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most difficult task you have undertaken???   View Answer
    They offer comparatively less than their peers & quite nasty in negotiation...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in December 2009.

Written test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR interview

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

There was an IQ/aptitude which consisted basic math/arithmetic,probability,percentage questions.after which there was a group discussion round. which lasted for 20 minutes.After that there was an 1:1 interview. It consisted both technical and HR questions. Basic Hr questions like tell em about your self,likes,hobbies ,extracurricular .Then technical consisted write code/algorithm for finding GCD, logic was important not language.Some questions about the course which I took during engineering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in April 2010.

simple and standard indian it recrutment style.

Interview Questions
    • simple standard question.. abt ur self and what are ur hobbies..   View Answer
    no negotiation. they have a fixed every thing.

Worked for Patni Computer Systems? Contribute to the Community!