Patton Boggs Interview Questions

2.5

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patton Boggs.

The process was a standard law firm interview process: initial interview on grounds with a partner, then a call to fly out to the office for a day of interviews followed by lunch. There were five interviews, mostly with partners. The initial interviewing partner from the on campus interview is your 'guide' for the day. The lunch is attended by both partners and associates. Of course it is still an interview as well, but there was more of a relaxed and casual feel about it, as if they were trying to get more of a sense of you as a person. Unlike other firms I'd interviewed with, people at this firm seemed to enjoy each other's company.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me detailed questions about an undergraduate neuroscience project I'd worked on. It was a very complex project that didn't have any direct relationship to the role I was interviewing for, so I wasn't expecting to have to explain the inner workings of the hippo-campus.   Answer Question
    This was right at the onset of the recession- no negotiation.

Public Policy Intern Interview

Hired shortly after one phone interview with partners, specialists, and current interns. No case questions or anything too difficult. Be ready to talk about why you would work in their environment.

Interview Questions
    • What would someone who I've worked with/for in school so far say about me?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The partner and public policy specialists who lead the intern program will conduct a 30-minute interview with candidates over the phone. The questions they ask relate to interest in public policy, academic history, and career goals. Interviewers are very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult, per se. It's important to know why you want the position and to explain how working in the top public policy practice in the country will help you get to the next step.   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Patton Boggs in October 2011.

friendly but must be able to clearly explain your past experience/education and how it lines up with the job.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Patton Boggs in September 2010.

Formal one on one interview. No interview with tech department. direct interview with HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Patton Boggs in June 2010.

The process for this position was very easy going and casual. The response time for follow up phones calls and interest letters was very professional. The experience was a a good opportunity. There was the opportunity to meet with different individuals, but the process was not too stressful. All the interactions I had with the department and HR were pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was mostly standard. The biggest challenge was a question that is normally asked in other interviews: "Tell me about a difficult situation and how you over came it"   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate so I don't know.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patton Boggs in June 2010.

There was a very short interview process. Submitted a resume, had one phone call with the departmental manager, and one in person interview with departmental manager and who would be direct manager. Hired two weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • Had to be creative when answering how to deal with a irate attorney's who's computer may have just crashed and they lost their document they were working on.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation, I was an intern so I took what I was offered. Paid internships can be hard to find.

Secretary Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patton Boggs in July 2012.

Recruiter agency had fixed the appoitnment with the employer.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Patton Boggs in March 2010.

The interview process is very relaxed and comfortable, although a bit rushed. The office was beautiful. Attorneys interviewing (a mix of associates and partners) seemed less interested in credentials, more interested in personality. Still, seems to have a solid firm culture, with reasonable work-life balance. Overall, seemed like great people to work for.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls, just general questions. "Tell us about ___ on your resume; What attracts you to Patton Boggs."   Answer Question

Office Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Patton Boggs in April 2008.

I was contacted by a recruiter about this great position. I came in, interviewed and was given the job description as well as a tour of the facilities. I left the interview feeling very good and wanting to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question