Paul Weiss Rifkind

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind in October 2010.

Interview Details – Well, it all depends on who your interviewers will be. Some are nice and will go easy on you when asking questions. But there are people that are really tough (especially when they are in a bad mood for one reason or another). I get the feeling that some partners and senior associates do not like to interview applicants but they generally have to do it when asked by the firm. Well, I guess in addition to your background and experience, you really do need some luck to get hired by this firm...

Interview Question – Sometimes you will be asked a political question, and you will have to guess what your interviewers' position is so as not to offend him or her...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got some other offers.

Staff Attorney Interview

Staff Attorney
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. lockstep.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind

Interview Details – Typical big-firm hiring

Interview Question – What was your favorite class in undergrad?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Corporate Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with HR managers, then meeting with current paralegals

Interview Question – pretty standard behavioural questions- why this position, time management skills, etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was attracted to another industry.

Desktop Engineer Interview

Desktop Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind.

Interview Details – Met with HR, Desktop Manager, Desktop Systems team and global head of information systems. Overall excellent interview process.

Interview Question – Technical Questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – starting salary

Law Clerk Interview

Law Clerk
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind.

Interview Details – Phone call to set-up appointment. Meet with HR rep and Managing Attorney & team. Call with offer negotiation. Pick up offer letter in person.

Interview Question – Why are you attracted to Paul, Weiss LLP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Conducted over telephone. Not flexible. Decent salary.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind in January 2010.

Interview Details – I felt very at ease with my two interviewers. They were very friendly and open throughout the interview. They asked standard questions--why I was interested in the job, what kind of leadership experiences I could bring to the position, how my previous work experience related to the skills I would need for the job. The interview went by quite quickly.

Interview Question – How have you handled working with mundane assignments for class?   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Lawyer

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind in March 2012.

Interview Details – everybody is nice. smiles. dressed well. office is clean. support staff were friendly.
human resources interviewers are typical human resources interviewers. one question was "can you describe your commitment to diversity." (i'm a minority.)
interviewing attorneys were intimidating but no more than is normal. some questions tougher than expected but nothing that surprising.
it was a busy day and I do not remember too many details.

Interview Question – Can you describe your commitment to diversity.   View Answer

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Litigation Paralegal

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind in March 2012.

Interview Details – Open interviewers, long process

Interview Question – How do you handle mundane projects?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Paul Weiss Rifkind? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paul Weiss Rifkind interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paul Weiss Rifkind employees and interview candidates.