Paul Weiss Rifkind Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (New York, NY).

Interview

The firm recruits through specific schools. You'll have one review off-site. You will then have a second round in the office. Interviews are very informal and have a collegial feel, which accurately represents the firm. They ask the basic questions, no surprises. Easy interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (New York, NY).

Interview

Only had an introductory interview taken through a college. It was at a college fair with a multitude of other interviews, so wasn't exactly thorough. Only was about 15 minutes, standard questions asked from a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions going through the resume and then behavioral questions such as "when is a time you handled a problem in a group/team situation?"   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview took place in my college's campus. I met with two Paul Weiss employees (both paralegals) and they asked me some of the usual interview questions. It was a pretty relaxed interview in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Have you taken the LSAT?/What score? How do you manage your time? Do you work well under pressure? Strengths/Weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Mostly behavioral, with questions meant to elicit reflections on your strengths, weaknesses, compatibility with the work flow and culture of the firm, etc. The setting is conversational, and you will do better if you come in happy, and establish yourself first and foremost as an affable and bright person. The HR staff know that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to do an intern's job--they want to select the best and most socially competent talent they can find.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult work situations with lots of expectations and strict deadlines?   1 Answer

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Interview

Two interviews -- one with paralegal manager & other paralegals, one with partner in charge of paralegals. I submitted my resume via their website and heard back within a week or two. I believe the process is different in NYC because they have more paralegals...I'm not sure that you interview with the other paralegals or a partner there, and they do more recruiting in general.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard interview questions with specificities about interest in the law, flexibility, and future plans (they like people who can stay at least two years).   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

On campus interview

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in paul weiss.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Typical big-firm hiring

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview with HR managers, then meeting with current paralegals

Interview Questions

• pretty standard behavioural questions- why this position, time management skills, etc   Answer Question

I was attracted to another industry.

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with HR, Desktop Manager, Desktop Systems team and global head of information systems. Overall excellent interview process.

starting salary

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Weiss Rifkind (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call to set-up appointment. Meet with HR rep and Managing Attorney & team. Call with offer negotiation. Pick up offer letter in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Conducted over telephone. Not flexible. Decent salary.