PayPal Customer Solutions Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE) in June 2012.

Interview

After applying online via careerlink.com, I was contacted about a week later and had a phone interview with a recruiter consisting of reviewing my job history & experience, why I applied to Paypal and where I wanted to be in 5 years with the company. (Pretty basic questions.) The recruiter set up a time to come in & take a skills assessment the next day on campus. The skill assessment took about 45 minutes, which consisted of a typing test (wpm) and an internet navigation test. I found out that I passed the same day, and was instructed to come in the following day for a 1:1 interview. My interview went very well and she was very friendly, and she answered all the questions that I had for her. My interview lasted for 30-45 mins. Overall my experience was very positive!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've had to handle in your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online & a acquaintance informed HR of my interest in the company. HR recruiter called me for a telephone interview. She informed me of quite a bit of information which was exiting to hear and a 1:1 interview was scheduled. This interview included a skills test to test your computer knowledge as well as speed, which I passed. The 1:1 interview was with a different HR Sr. Recruiter who pretty much had not coordinated with the intiital telephone interviewer. He pretty much contradicted everything positive I had heard from my telephone interview.

Interview Questions

This company was very new the the Valley and the Sr. Recruiter left a a negative feeling about the company in general, using statements such as "they were just trying to fill seats". As exctied as I was about the opportunity to meet with the Hiring Manager I said NO thank you. I saw no opportunity for career growth and declined the final offer.

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in December 2010.

Interview

Met PayPal at a job fair. They went to extra mile to meet and talk to people.

Filled out online application and sent in resume.

Came into their office, did a live interview, more paperwork and did a typing test 30 wpm and a internet explorer skills test. (You could try different things until you got them right) and did a 1 on 1 interview.

Then another phone call. Intricate Background check.

Job offer once the background check was done. Got the benefits package etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to solve a problem or improve your work environment.   1 Answer
    • What type of management style do you like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair. Presented my experience and received top wages. Very transparent and cool.

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied, got phone call inviting to job fair. Invited to do skills test...this involved IE6 questions and typing test and then one on one interview. Process over 2 week period of time.

Interview Questions

• Descirbe what you did when handling and angry customer   Answer Question
    • Give me and instance when very busy, what did you do when interrupted?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PayPal (Lavista, NE) in November 2009.

Interview

I showed up to a job fair held at papal where I took a typing and computer knowledge test. Once passed they automatically schedule you an interview. I went in later that week where I did a one on one interview with a supervisor from customer solutions. She was very nice and laid back. She wanted to know about my customer service background and examples of difficult situations and how I solved them. I passed the interview process and went on for a background check that is scrutinizing. With absolutely no criminal background and being honest throughout the application process I was declined. So don't get your hopes up before you actually recieve a call setting up your schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a fellow employee and how you solved the problem?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a customer who is very upset?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE) in January 2008.

Interview

After applying, it took about 30 days before I was called for an interview. At that point I was given a typing test before meeting with an interviewer in order to meet or exceed the words per minute typing requirement. Once in the interview room, I was 1:1 interview and was asked a series of questions both related to my experience per my resume as well as situational questions that do not necessarily apply to the job itself. One question was if a building was on fire, who would I save first? My answer actually was call 911 from the side rather than enter a fully engulfed building. At that point I was thanked for my time then called back for a phone secondary interview where I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If a building was on fire, who would you save   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was not given any option to negotiate salary, hours, or anything. I was told "well we you do not qualify for this position, however, we have this one (which pays over 2.00 less but they do not tell you that) that we can give you instead." Overall it wasn't a great position to be in since there was no negotiating room at all.

Customer Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview first, questions were like:
    - What’s your education background
    - Why did you apply for this job/want to leave your currant employer
    - What difficult/challenging situation did you encounter in your present role
    - Did you make any bad mistakes at work
    - Were did you see yourself in one year’s time
    - What qualities do you think required for this position