PayPal

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Engineering Manager Interview

Database Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in January 2012.

Interview Details – The process started with me seeing a job advertisement on LinkedIn, then reaching out to a contact who already worked in that company. Through that contact, provided my resume and within a day or two, received my first phone screening call from the hiring manager. My interview with the team was set up the very next day and took place within a day or two after that. It was half an hour each on a 1:1 basis with six different persons, covering both management and technical topics. A couple of weeks later was asked to speak to 3 different persons on the phone - each of which was 30 minutes long once again. Verbal offer came through in a day or two from that point and written offer was also pretty quick, right after a background check process that was well facilitated by the company's talent scouting team.

Interview Question – How do you ensure good team dynamics?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple and straightforward. Got what I asked for.

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!