PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PayPal.

I applied online, received an email the same day from the recruiter going over the position and asking me if I this was something I was interested in to give her a call. Did a brief phone interview the next day she gave me good advice on what to do at the actually interview and what the person interviewing me would be looking for. Had the interview two days later with a supervisor. Asked very basic situational questions, just try to be confident and be energetic and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to break a rule or wanted to break a rule   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult goal   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Basic coding questions, and some simple design questions. Focusses mainly on simple whiteboard questions and how well you know some data structures. Not difficult and if you are a decent coder you should be able to crack this

Software Engineer Interview

Took 2 months from start to finish. These guys move super slow unless you take initiative. But once you get your foot in the door, it's smooth sail ing. The interviews consisted of a phone screen, tech screen, take home project and an invitation to an on site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Applied for multiple positions. was told to come in for an interview, so I did. they said that they would call me, never did. just sent me the computer generated email to let me know. so I keep applying and I am contacted via email and told to give this person a call regarding a position. I call him an email him multiple times, he never did get back to me. I had called a member of the requisition team and she said that I should have never gotten an interview and that it was an error. So I asked what I could improve on and she said to stay at my current job for a year. so I re-applied as soon as I could. got the assessment sent to me, did it, an went in for an interview. I was interviewed by the same lady. she said that she already knew all my stuff and that she was going to present me really well at the team meeting at four, by the way my interview was at 10 am. I was done with the interview by 1030 and when I got home 1115 I had received the same computer generated email saying I didn't get the position.. I call about it and was told that I would be called back that day. I called the hiring manager again and was told that the email was an error and that I wasn't selected. I then asked what I could improve on for future references. she said she couldn't tell me. I cannot believe that such a well respected company would treat a prospective employee that way.

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions, they just ask a lot of open ended questions.   Answer Question

Java Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

First got a phone interview, the interviewer introduced the company and his team at the beginning. This process lasted about 15 minutes. Then I was asked to introduce myself and paraphrase the projects.

Interview Questions
    • Be asked about basic OS concepts, Java concepts, and the difference between Java and C++   Answer Question

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Interview process took 2 months, went positively till end and final process got delayed and finally got automated mail saying that position got closed. This happened couple of times, they will post for a requirement , they will take the interview and after some time they use to close that position , saying some reasons .

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PayPal.

It is typically a few rounds that one has to clear before the offer. The hiring and interview process is great. This is a very good company to work for and has opportunities to grow and some very good projects to work on

Interview Questions
    Normal as on would expect

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

AWF-1st I had phone interview for 30 minutes. Then an in-person interview with 5 people,one at a time. Agency said they wanted to hire me and said it paid $28 hr. I pushed and got $30 an hour. After 6 months I got $32.50 an hour. Still AWF and they are not allowed to renew a contract AWF after 1 year. They can convert you to a perm employee but that requires a lot of work on managers part. Best to stay a year then look for something else. They will string you along and tell you they are converting you while they are not. They will stall while they interview new AWFs behind your back. You're a number not a person in this place. Use them for the experience then move on.

Interview Questions
    You negotiate with your agency not PayPal.

Executive Escalations Senior Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal.

Rather than interviewing candidates for the position you are selected by the desired career path. All you have to do is indicate you are interested in the position, and wait for a tap on the shoulder for an internship.

Position is not negotiable but the offer was fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

I applied online 7/7, received invite to do online assessments 7/8, received a call from the recruiter 7/11 asking. She asked about my availability, and explained, in depth, the details of the position, and she asked when would be a good time to interview. Since I was out of town on family business, I told her 7/18. I ended up having two interviews. They were both really relaxed. The focus of the first was on job history, and learning more about the position/training etc. After that interview was over, the recruiter said she'd recommend me for an interview with a hiring manager, and gave me a heads up of what to expect. (Answer questions with an exact example, let your personality show, be confident) When the second interviewer came to get me from the waiting area, she was very welcoming and I immediately felt at ease. The interview was more of a conversation. They seem like they really want you to succeed, it wasn't the typical straight-faced interviewer, but real people with emotions! This was yesterday (Friday), so I am waiting to hear back from them next week once my background check comes back. Good luck!

Update: GOT THE CALL!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were tempted to break the rules?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were unable to resolve a customer's complaint, what did you do, what was the outcome?   View Answer
    • What did you dislike about this employer?   View Answer
    Offered option of two shifts, one with a differential.