PayPal

Average Difficulty
265 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online 7/7, received invite to do online assessments 7/8, received a call from the recruiter 7/11 asking. She asked about my availability, and explained, in depth, the details of the position, and she asked when would be a good time to interview. Since I was out of town on family business, I told her 7/18. I ended up having two interviews. They were both really relaxed. The focus of the first was on job history, and learning more about the position/training etc. After that interview was over, the recruiter said she'd recommend me for an interview with a hiring manager, and gave me a heads up of what to expect. (Answer questions with an exact example, let your personality show, be confident) When the second interviewer came to get me from the waiting area, she was very welcoming and I immediately felt at ease. The interview was more of a conversation. They seem like they really want you to succeed, it wasn't the typical straight-faced interviewer, but real people with emotions! This was yesterday (Friday), so I am waiting to hear back from them next week once my background check comes back. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were tempted to break the rules?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you were unable to resolve a customer's complaint, what did you do, what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • What did you dislike about this employer?   View Answer

Merchant Services Agent Interview

Merchant Services Agent
Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at PayPal in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview first then in oerson intverview. I applied about 5 times before hearing anything back and even when I applied for the last position when I did get a callback, it took almost 6 months from the time I applied.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview. No difficult questions really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a set salary

Very Easy Interview

Executive Escalations Senior Specialist Interview

Executive Escalations Senior Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PayPal.

Interview Details – Rather than interviewing candidates for the position you are selected by the desired career path. All you have to do is indicate you are interested in the position, and wait for a tap on the shoulder for an internship.

Negotiation Details – Position is not negotiable but the offer was fair

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PayPal in August 2013.

Interview Details – The whole process was soooo long. It took almost 4 months from the screening call to the last step which was getting the background check results. Kroll is so slow on International hires.

Interview Question – solve a couple of business cases   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had nothing to negotiate since it was a good offer.

Hunt Valley, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on 6/15..received the email for 2 computer test on 6/16 called on 6/23 by recruiter for interview on 6/26..got my conditional offer on 7/1 pending my background check and received my official offer 7/2!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PayPal?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. What did you do? What was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy negotiation. Had a choice on 2 shift bids.

Content Designer Interview

Content Designer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Interview Details – My interview was unconventional. I went in to interview for a contract position and walked away with a full-time job.

I was asked to do a writing test, then two days later went in to the HQ in San Jose to present my answers. The offices were beautiful, the interviews were well-organized, and I felt totally at ease the whole time. I spent an hour presenting my writing test, then had hour-long interviews with 3 different groups. It was a long day, but so very worth it.

Interview Question – If PayPal were a person, who would s/he be? Describe him/her.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in at their highest and best - which was more than I asked for. Don't sweat negotiating; these folks will do you right.

Bill Me Later Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Bill Me Later Customer Solutions Agent
Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at Ebay.careers for the position in Chanlder AZ, shortly after ( 1-2 days) i got an email from Ebay to take an assessment test, which consisted of general stuff that you would be doing at the job. My advice is to look real close to make sure you read the question correctly. Also at the end of the test it has a 25wpm so make sure you can type. After that about 1 week passed and i got a call from a recruiter to talk about my resume and if i would have to put a 2 weeks notice in at my previous job, also if i would be able to dedicate 90 days to work. I then agreed to everything and he set me up an interview. So i went in for my interview and got asked very basic HR questions so my advice again is to read up on basic HR questions they also ask you about you previous employers and what your likes and dislikes are. My suggestion is to focus on the positive things you got out of your previous employers and don't tell em allllll about the bad, because that never looks good. So after all of this i was then asked to place a seat on the couch. I then was taken on a tour of the building (which is super cool by the way) then after was sat down for my second interview right away. Again it was basic HR questions so it was a fairly laid back easy interview.
On a side note of things i suggest
Know Paypals background you will get asked "what do you know about Paypal"
Know yourself
and speak with confidence, confidence is key to your success and your career!
Good luck if you're about to take on this journey!

Interview Question – "What happened at a previous job where you got tempted to do something that would break they companies rules, did you do it? and if so why? or why not"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything i took what I got, which was plenty to ask for.

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied awhile back and the interview process was completely different than now. Recentley a employee refered me and i had responded with them via email never over the phone. It was a little frustrating not being able to talk over the phone, but they were very nice. A little un organized because after doing some online tests i was to wait for a reply back, but kept getting at least 4 different emails from different people stating i needed to do the online tests even though i had completed them before. Again i couldnt contact them via phone because it was strictly email. this did get cleared up about 3 weeks later

Senior Manager/Non-technical Function Interview

Senior Manager/Non-technical Function

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PayPal in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had applied online and the recruiters did not respond or look at my resume. I have payment experience.
I networked my way through alumni network to the hiring managers who supported my candidacy and gave me the opportunity to interview. Ultimately, I got an offer. I find that the recruiters tend to look for a square that fits a square and I hope that recruiters are open minded to explore people who are smart and can have potential to do the work and interview them and not be a gate keeper.

Recruiting process was very slow. There were multiple rounds and poor communication.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral and nothing surprising. Hardest was a brainteaser that was not relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal fit and career growth opportunities.

Member of Technical Staff I Software Engineer Interview

Member of Technical Staff I Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted lots of applications for similar positions on Ebay and Paypal's career website. Then one of Paypal's internal recruiters contacted me and kindly referred me to this specific position. So I applied for this one. The interview scheduling process is fast and efficient.

Honestly, before the interview, I was somehow scared by some of the employee and interviewees' reviews here. But actually when I went onsite, interviewers and the front desk were all super nice. Interviewers asked technical questions about skills that are required in their projects (C++ concepts and coding, OOP, and database), some very reasonable behavioral questions to make sure I can cooperate with team members, a couple of brain teasers and some discussion about some of my past projects. They are all really professional and polite.

Overall, from my interview experience, it's a very decent company. If it was not because I've just had an offer from another company on the evening of the previous business day before I went onsite with Paypal, I would really like to work in the gateway group who interviewed me at Paypal.

Interview Question – None. They are mostly basic C++ concepts, coding, design and database questions.   Answer Question

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!