PayPal

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

I submitted my resume at a career fair and basically forgot about it for a while. Got an email weeks later asking for an interview, which consisted of 3 Skype interviews in a row. Nothing difficult, I only had 1 tech question, and the rest were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    Got a very good offer, did not negotiate.

Software Development EngineerAt Paypal, Shanghai Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PayPal.

Ebay&Paypal came to our university to hire intern. Got a short written test, about several simple tech questions and brain tease. After one hour, we were asked to take several short interviews. Three tech round, first with a engineer, second with a project manager, third with a group manager. Nothing special, no code writing. Just ask some basic questions about OS, Database, Network and something about your CV. After one month, I got the offer.

Senior Manager Finance Interview

The initial interview was a 45 minute phone screen by hiring manager. A week later, a Human Resource associate coordinated a full day on campus interview for the following week. The on campus interview consisted of six 45 minute interviews with team members and business partners at different levels. Lunch with more junior team members was part of the agenda.

Software Engineer Java Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PayPal.

I talked to an ebay recruiter on a career fair, they accepted my resume. 3 days later I accepted an email from a software engineer manager, schedule a phone screen next week. The process takes a little more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about data structure. Lots of unexpected questions about databases, which I did not prepare. Questions include: inheritance, reference, mutex, deadlocks.   View Answer

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PayPal.

I applied online, received an email the same day from the recruiter going over the position and asking me if I this was something I was interested in to give her a call. Did a brief phone interview the next day she gave me good advice on what to do at the actually interview and what the person interviewing me would be looking for. Had the interview two days later with a supervisor. Asked very basic situational questions, just try to be confident and be energetic and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to break a rule or wanted to break a rule   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult goal   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Basic coding questions, and some simple design questions. Focusses mainly on simple whiteboard questions and how well you know some data structures. Not difficult and if you are a decent coder you should be able to crack this

Head of Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PayPal in October 2014.

I Met with 3 people via video conference, all were very helpful and we had a great discussion. Great energy from everyone I talked with during the interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Took 2 months from start to finish. These guys move super slow unless you take initiative. But once you get your foot in the door, it's smooth sail ing. The interviews consisted of a phone screen, tech screen, take home project and an invitation to an on site.

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Applied for multiple positions. was told to come in for an interview, so I did. they said that they would call me, never did. just sent me the computer generated email to let me know. so I keep applying and I am contacted via email and told to give this person a call regarding a position. I call him an email him multiple times, he never did get back to me. I had called a member of the requisition team and she said that I should have never gotten an interview and that it was an error. So I asked what I could improve on and she said to stay at my current job for a year. so I re-applied as soon as I could. got the assessment sent to me, did it, an went in for an interview. I was interviewed by the same lady. she said that she already knew all my stuff and that she was going to present me really well at the team meeting at four, by the way my interview was at 10 am. I was done with the interview by 1030 and when I got home 1115 I had received the same computer generated email saying I didn't get the position.. I call about it and was told that I would be called back that day. I called the hiring manager again and was told that the email was an error and that I wasn't selected. I then asked what I could improve on for future references. she said she couldn't tell me. I cannot believe that such a well respected company would treat a prospective employee that way.

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions, they just ask a lot of open ended questions.   Answer Question

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Interview process took 2 months, went positively till end and final process got delayed and finally got automated mail saying that position got closed. This happened couple of times, they will post for a requirement , they will take the interview and after some time they use to close that position , saying some reasons .