PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal in August 2015.

Interview

I went in for my first interview PayPal in LA vista Nebraska with the recruiter it went well I got the second interview meet with two team leads they gave me a tour the building which is a great building j give them that! We went into detail about the job and regular interview questions the "tell me a time when" type of questions after that thy left and a HR lady came in a said I passed the Interview all they need was a background check (which I have no criminal record) so I no I would pass and then she said they needed a credit check.. this got me cause I know my credit is not that great due to medical bills etc but I have a lot of call center expirence over two years worth so I filled the Information out and they couldn't even call me they had to send me a automated email saying they chose other applicant's they gave no reason so I called and they told me it was due to the credit check basically it was a big waste of my time and Thiers cause if they would put that on there Application that they check credit I wouldn't of applied I NEVER heard if a job denying you due to your credit?! So just keep that in mind they lead you in in my opinion I thought I had the job but they tell you last Minute the training starts on august 10th I got email august 7th

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

It was very professional and a terrific learning experience. The interview process has multiple rounds. The first was a phone interview followed by 2 or 3 on site interviews. Overall a positive experience Great!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I posted for the position - received a follow up email to schedule an interview. I've sent 3 emails to follow up on the email from PayPal - radio silence. Disappointing that for a Sr HR role - the recruiting team appears unresponsive. I believe how you treat people during the interviewing process is how you will be treated as an employee. Hopefully - HR will ensure in the future the recruiting team is treating candidates with respect.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred to apply by my neighbor who works in HR at Paypal. I was called the same day I applied online to set up a first interview. The interview was relatively easy, but there was a number of job-specific questions, which I wasn't prepared for. Later that day, I was called to schedule a second interview. The second interview started with a tour of the facilities, where you were asked interview questions as we walked. Then we had a formal interview with two different Customer Solutions leaders. Again, not knowing many job specific things or job-related words, I did as best as possible. I was told I'd hear from someone in 72 hours. Since my second interview was on a Thursday, my neighbor (the one in HR) said I'd probably hear back on Monday. Now it's Wednesday and I haven't heard back from anyone from Recruiting, despite sending out a few emails. I'm guessing someone is sick or out of the office, since I've been told Paypal isn't the kind of place that lets someone hang. Oh well!

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 6+ weeks with employee referral. Three weeks after the job application, I had a 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager. In about 10 days, HR invited me for a second interview. The second interview was to meet with the team and it took more than five hours, with no breaks. Basic interview questions, friendly employees, flexible working hours, however, I noticed the position wasn't clearly defined and the team communication appeared to be not effective. Not ideal for me.

Group Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Well structured. Got to meet cross-functional team. Multiple interviews with atleast 5 people from various teams. Interviews involved combination of phone and in-person meetings. Be prepared to expect technical, thought provoking scenario based questions and behavioral interviews. Business casual dress code expected. Followed by HR for discussion on offer/compensation.

Interview Questions

• Multiple behavioral questions about culture fit, working with cross functional teams   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

This interview process was incredibly long and tedious. The recruiter was great and very responsive. I met with over 15 people in 3 different locations which took over 3 months to complete. There was not a clear process and the decision maker changed mid-stream. The initial conversations were good, the leadership team in Omaha was great but the panel process in Chandler was not positive. The team was not engaging, they seemed to try to intentionally make the conversation challenging, and they seemed to care more about connecting with them then my ability to do the job. In the end, I did not receive an offer with no substantial feedback.

Interview Questions

• They actually asked me about my family, ages of my kids, and what I do in my off time.   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick and precise interview process. Very well organized as compared to most of the companies these days, where panel's does not show up or indifferent to the interview process. 3 Other members in the panel other than the hiring manager. First interviewer: Specific questions about data migration strategy. Big data. SQL/NoSQL DB. New initiative and relevant experience to these technologies. Second interviewer: Business system analysis, data modelling, Situational analysis. Third interviewer: ETL, Architecture, SQL, Process design.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you work with a Business user to enhance or develop a new reporting area?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was brought in to interview for a Frontend UI developer position. But every person (except 1) I met with was a Java developer. The questions asked to me were not related to the position I had been led to believe I was interviewing for. They were very disorganized and some of the interviews were with who would be my direct report except he was not understandable (bad accent) and located in CA. They only positive part of the process was I am now confident I do not want to ever work for Paypal. Oh, tons of arrogance by the interviewers. I guess you've "made it" if you work for Paypal.

Interview Questions

• Java: Binary Trees; HashMaps; HashTrees. javascript Enclosures; Running PHP inside of Javascript. Again, tons of Java related questions for a Frontend UI position.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (Berkeley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through Ebay website. The process took 2 weeks. There are 3 phone interviews in total. The first one focuses on my background and asked few questions about SQL, and optimization given a simple scenario. The second one is with a Risk Manager and she is the potential supervisor of this intern position. She asked me about how to determine a credit card stolen given some conditions. The last phone interview just focused on some behavior questions and also some questions about risks.